Thor Infinity War Build

Carterco

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of building a Thor costume from Infinity War to wear to see the movie. It'll be my first real cosplay and, and I wanted some advice. My main area of concern is the sleeves. Some people have taken foam diamonds and glued them to shirt sleeves, but I was thinking of maybe molding some thin eva foam into the muscles and then cutting into the foam and using a heat gun to make the cuts stand out. I'm hoping it'll allow me to move my arms relatively freely without making it look like a million pieces glued together. Any advice, for this and other parts of the costume, would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You could make casts of your arms then sculpt the muscles and the diamonds and then cast that in very flexible material its a longer process but that way they will fit you and will turn out better theres a guy on youtube thst talks about his thor costume and he had 3 or 4 iterations of the arms might be worth a look https://youtu.be/eL56oOfI74o

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You could make casts of your arms then sculpt the muscles and the diamonds and then cast that in very flexible material its a longer process but that way they will fit you and will turn out better theres a guy on youtube thst talks about his thor costume and he had 3 or 4 iterations of the arms might be worth a look https://youtu.be/eL56oOfI74o

Yeah I saw his video. It just looks a little too 3d if that makes sense. While there's depth to the ones in the movies it all looks uniform and like it's one solid piece.

Yeah I saw his video. It just looks a little too 3d if that makes sense. While there's depth to the ones in the movies it all looks uniform and like it's one solid piece.

Yeah I get you maybe take a lookbat how people make buckys arm and modify it from there

I'll look into it. The one I did see had to split it go into 2 pieces but I'll look harder

Think its the best option tbh for flexiblity you could make it out of foam then cover it in silver fabric and get it down into the diamond cuts then cover the gaps (elbow joints) with the same fabric and it should blend in nicely

My first question would be, do you want the muscles molded into the sleeves or are you just looking to make the metallic scaled effect? If the latter, my recommendation would be to spray mount headliner foam to the back of metallic spandex and stitch in the diamond pattern to 'quilt' it. Then, you can take an airbrush or fine brush and detail the lines. This would give you a solid, one-piece sleeve that has the all-over detail and is still largely flexible.

Here's an image of a similar treatment I'm using for the torso pieces of one of my current projects.

doom_torso 4.JPG

If you need the 'muscles', you could still try a similar approach, just make the upper and lower arm sections in heat-formed foam and stretch the spandex/foam piece over it in segments using contact cement.

Hope that helps and good luck with the build!

Heya! I've been eyeballing Thor's Infinity War costume myself. I'm the guy in the video about the scale arms, I've actually been planning a new build of those, mostly modifying the muscle pads under the scales. I dont think I'll build the full costume for cons this summer but I think I'll build a foam Stormbreaker and put an eyepatch on my AoU costume.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back