Kevin Smith suffered 'massive heart attack'

I've never been a fan, but he's too young for this to have happened. I'm hoping he has a speedy recovery and can get back to doing what he loves soon.

He's closer to 50 than 40, that's just about when this kind of thing really catches up to you.

Smith is one of the best windows into the other side of the entertainment industry for people that don't work in it. And he's always got entertaining stories to tell.

Hopefully he fully recovers and maybe some others will learn the lesson without having it get so bad. Looking forward to the "I got penetrated in the groin" jokes.

Oh come on, Kevin Smith would've gotten the joke and probably laughed at it too. Being the Hollywood outsider is his jam.

-Rog

Why not just wish him speedy recovery and leave the jokes out,since we all have different ideas of what a joke should be.
Get well soon,Mr.Smith !

Turns out his artery was thinner than normal on top of whatever other issues there were.

And he's already on the mend......:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin's lost quite a bit of weight (200 lbs or so) and quit cigarettes in 2008.

It's pretty clear that his previous weight (400 lbs) and his old cigarette habit has paid its toll on.

He still smokes pot on a regular basis.. he went into TLJ stoned. I was surprised he would go into the first viewing stoned

... he went into TLJ stoned. I was surprised he would go into the first viewing stoned

Are you kidding? He makes movies stoned!

tusk.jpg

I LOVE getting baked and watching movies in the theater...

Nothing like being in a dark theater, stoned, and that STAR WARS title come blaring onto the screen.

But back to Smith... DAMN it's good to see him talking in that condition... maybe I WILL be seeing him end of March at his "Evening With" at the Rio in Vancouver!

...and here I am, a Kevin Smith fan since Clerks and I've never imbibed.

It is good to see Smith is feeling well despite what's happened.

I only quit because there is just too much damn drug testing at my job. Plus at 53 it just got to where it wasn't as much fun anymore. Something about old age just brings on the paranoia.

But I am a firm believer that when stoned--
Bad movies are fun
Good movies are great
And great movies are AWESOME!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back