Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I like that base John Simmons used. It looks mighty elegant. And this baby needs to be housed in an acrylic enclosure protected from dust. Hey, Astro, I hope your Falcon finds its way to you soon.

I like that base John Simmons used. It looks mighty elegant. And this baby needs to be housed in an acrylic enclosure protected from dust. Hey, Astro, I hope your Falcon finds its way to you soon.
Oh man....basically, Canada Post says that they tried to drop it off on Friday but there was no one to sign for it. So they left a note telling me where I could pick it up.

Which was bogus. Our receptionist was there and they dropped off other packages at that time.

So Canada Post is pretty sure that it is sitting in a truck somewhere.

I'm okay to wait...except that I had to be at work this weekend for 15 hours with nothing to do...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've been following this thread since the PG Falcon was announced. I finally made a account on RPF so I can partake in the discussion going on here.

I've built Bandai Gundam kits for years and their PG kits are top notch.

I love Star Wars and have been on the fence about this kit for awhile now.
I'm thinking I might pull the trigger because it might not happen again due to the Star Wars license being so volatile. I almost feel like if I don't do it now, I won't get a chance down the line and then will have to pay ballooned prices for the kit.

However, I'm quite familiar with Bandai and their practices of making numerous kit variations so I if this kits sells well, they might release a ESB version or even a TFA one.

Going through this thread has also made me appreciate all of you Millennium Falcon aficionados. It's been a fun read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddacon, pull the trigger, man. Feel, don't think. Use your instincts -- as long as those instincts are okay with dropping close to $400! :lol Seriously, I worked on this kit over the long weekend and it's beyond amazing. As every piece goes on, I check my reference photos and -- yup -- they got that right! It's the 5-footer. Round 2 did a great job getting the 1/350 TOS Enterprise kit right (after fixing a few errors), but the Falcon is so much more complex and detailed. And it's ALL there. The only downside is doing a worthy paint job. It's a test of skills, for sure. But who doesn't need a challenge? Get it. You won't regret it.

I'm about 60-70% through the build--what a masterpiece! The build is actually really fun, and every little assembly is such a detailed jewel that you feel very rewarded finishing each step. That said, I still feel fried after getting through a few pages of the manual and can only do so much a day.
I love that the actuators for those rear exhaust flaps are separate pieces--I'm going to cut all the flaps apart and try to build the ships with the flaps "open." Always wanted to see the Falcon doing that, whether it's canon or not...

I'm about 60-70% through the build--what a masterpiece! The build is actually really fun, and every little assembly is such a detailed jewel that you feel very rewarded finishing each step. That said, I still feel fried after getting through a few pages of the manual and can only do so much a day.

That's exactly how i feel. It's like the kit demands a sense of responsibility in getting it right and doing it justice. I actually stopped about midway and pulled out my unfinished Bandai 1/144 and started building it using the same paints so I can use it as a prototype to compare color contrasts and weathering before doing it on the PG.

Hunk a Junk, I like the way you think!

This would definitely push me to my limits as a builder.

I haven't airbrushed any of my kits yet but I have the tools and supplies to do so.

I'd really want to try and do my best on this kit. I do have many Gundam kits I could practice on and screw up on before tackling on this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it Oddacon. The price is hefty but this is THE kit to get. Various ways to go about it -- no eating for a month... skipping mortgage payments... No eating for a month seems easiest you just have to convince the whole family : ) Or you could always resell it. Beware, though, this one's a keeper. Hey, I do wish Bandai would release other versions like maybe an ROTJ one with the front gear boxes. Those 5-footer action scenes are just unforgettable. I won't be eating until January, though, so it will be good if Bandai can put that off until I can recover my weight.

Yeah, I'm painting the upper hull of the Bandai 1:144 Millennium Falcon now to practice before I move on to the 1/72 next year.

Well, I went to the post office today to pick it up....and was told that it was shipped to the wrong post office.

It will be there tomorrow.

My God Canada Post has been incompetent on this one

damn, just caved in a got myself one... I quit smoking a few months ago and what I'm saving on cigarettes is more than enough to cover the expense. I figure I'm due for a treat... now to just hurry up and wait for the damn thing...

Congratulations on quitting smoking, well done sir. You do indeed deserve a fine model as reward.

damn, just caved in a got myself one... I quit smoking a few months ago and what I'm saving on cigarettes is more than enough to cover the expense. I figure I'm due for a treat... now to just hurry up and wait for the damn thing...

The irony, of course, is that in the orgasmic glow of finally opening the box you're definitely going to want a cigarette. :lol

Congrats on quitting! My butt puckered at the price a bit too - but then when I opened the kit I thought about how the 1/44 is $50...and this is a LOT more kit. I'd still say the initial $400 was too much, but I got it at USA Gundam with the discount and it seems a LOT more reasonable. I think my only disappointments with the kit have been the lighting and stand. But that's easily remedied.

Im about 10 hours in and I have the mandibles, and most of the bottom of the hull done. Still a longggg way to go...then paint! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back