Show your custom Lightsabers!

old.jpg

$3 at a yard sale a couple doors down. Guess there's a McQuarrie concept saber in my future...

This one's a work in progress, but I figured it was done enough to start posting some pics. I still need to finish the control box and I might still do a bit more with the emitter. The basis for this saber is a Heiland flash. I stripped most of the paint off of a spare Heiland shroud, inserted some colored wire into the sync ports and whatnot, used some Todd's Costumes t-track, and the leftover ANH-style d-ring from my Graflex 2.0 kit.
IMAG0388.jpgIMAG0387.jpgIMAG0390.jpg

This one's a work in progress, but I figured it was done enough to start posting some pics. I still need to finish the control box and I might still do a bit more with the emitter. The basis for this saber is a Heiland flash. I stripped most of the paint off of a spare Heiland shroud, inserted some colored wire into the sync ports and whatnot, used some Todd's Costumes t-track, and the leftover ANH-style d-ring from my Graflex 2.0 kit.

Very nice!

So far I've made two. The first I did in like 3 hours for the premier so it's a little more thrown together
20160323_014909.jpg

20160323_014946.jpg

The second one I put far more time and effort into it's design
20160323_015032.jpg

20160323_015059.jpg

20160323_015019.jpg

They both had some simple electronics in them, sound, light, etc. but sadly the speaker broke in the first (silver lining, cool flashlight) and the circuit board shorted out on the second

I've got one more that I'm in the process of designing as well as something I think may be new to Star Wars but they're both a ways off.

Attachments

• 20160323_014909.jpg
    20160323_014909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • 20160323_014946.jpg
    20160323_014946.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 20160323_014909.jpg
    20160323_014909.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 133
So far I've made two. The first I did in like 3 hours for the premier so it's a little more thrown together
View attachment 606684

View attachment 606685

The second one I put far more time and effort into it's design
View attachment 606686

View attachment 606687

View attachment 606688

They both had some simple electronics in them, sound, light, etc. but sadly the speaker broke in the first (silver lining, cool flashlight) and the circuit board shorted out on the second

I've got one more that I'm in the process of designing as well as something I think may be new to Star Wars but they're both a ways off.
Very sleek and old Republic in appearance! Well done

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Watching Darth Saber's.. uh.. saber come together REALLY makes me want to find a way to to diameter grips on a flash tube.

I came up with something vaguely t-trackish.

What do you guys think? Cool? Or hardware janky?

Just a test, no feelings are attached. :)

grip.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear! Wish they were a little thinner.

Not sure if I could coat them give they are rubbered and each "track" is actually 3 pieces.

Also, my host is apparently down, so here's an attachment...

grip.jpg

I'm not usually one for custom sabers but I couldn't pass this flashgun up... It's begging to be made into a Lightsaber!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Not sure how to not keep it looking like a variant on a Vader Lightsaber though lol

That's a Busch-- where'd you score it? It's one of the few I haven't gotten my hands on. Can't wait to see what you do with it

That's a Busch-- where'd you score it? It's one of the few I haven't gotten my hands on. Can't wait to see what you do with it

Ebay... Though this one was only the second ever I've ever seen of this type of flash gun on there. The only other time, it was as a part of a camera kit and I couldn't convince the seller to part with it separately.

AHhh-- that explains why I probably missed. I always gloss over flashes accompanying cameras. Guess I better get over it! A few people around here have modded them before-- so they pop up from time to time.

Someday I'll nab one!

Time for a story and epic update!

You may or may not recall these builds from a few weeks ago:

family1.jpg

Meant for my kid, I cooked up this story in my head about a Jedi with a kid on the run and hunted, and the kid had to learn to fight, hence building their own saber. Then I made the second after wondering if bad guys/Sith/Ren?Dark Jedi/Whatever were also maybe trained from a young age. That's how I got these two.

I swear I'm not writing a fanfic, but the story won't shake loose from my head.

What if these were actually siblings? One light, one dark. It's a running theme in Star Wars, right?

So then I thought-- what about the parents? What if the parents were Jedi-- but one of them fell to the darkside? Say it was mom who turned evil, and took the son with her-- and corrupted him into being evil as well. And they are trying to hunt down Dad/daughter, who are still Jedi.

I decided to let that guide/challenge me to build my next couple of customs. The idea was to create sabers for either parent, good and evil, that matched these two so that it felt like the kids built their own sabers looking to their parents as a guide.

But at the same time, the parents should have similar cues as well if they were once partners, meaning there should be a sense of similarity between all 4 sabers, with two being clearly dark, and two being light.

Here's where that lead me. First-- the "light" parent's saber:

family2.jpg
family3.jpg
family4.jpg
family5.jpg

And the "dark"...

family6.jpg
family7.jpg
family8.jpg
family9.jpg

And a family portrait...

family10.jpg

The builds, from top down--

Good Dad:

TCSS blade holder (got out of curiosity-- worked great on a 2 cell!)
Minicam 2 D-Cell
D-ring
Texture tape
Zeiss Ikon clamp with various greeblies painted black to hold the clamp screw
Odyessy Video game cartridge edge card
Bubbles from a Blast Tech MPP clamp
T-track from shapeways, designed by @AnubisGuard for his own D-Cell minicam
pop rivets
o-rings to hide some seams

Bad Mom:

Nikonos bulb holder for emitter
Heiland shorty shroud
Graflite Military black extension/slave
Some greebles
Texture tape
mylar tape
Canon B-II 2 D cell
MPP clamp from TCSS
Bubbles from a TI calculator
t-track with hex head bolts
1/4" d-ring mount
o-rings to hide some seams

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back