The Ultimate Brian Muir Edition

Cry-Lo Ren

Has anyone here personally bought one of his helmets yet?

I would love to see some photos and thoughts on how accurate it is I have heard that he is using a original ANH mold to make the helmets can anyone confirm?

I tried to email him but no word so far.

I purchased one and it's a fantastic piece. I've been delayed in taking pics but finally have some proper lights to shoot it with and hope get pics out soon.

Has anyone here personally bought one of his helmets yet?

I would love to see some photos and thoughts on how accurate it is I have heard that he is using a original ANH mold to make the helmets can anyone confirm?

I tried to email him but no word so far.

We might see this helmet in Rogue One

I have sent several email to the website regarding a helmet as well and have never heard back. I too would like to see more pics and would love to get one if I could get a response that is. I realize he is probably really busy right now though.

I have sent several email to the website regarding a helmet as well and have never heard back. I too would like to see more pics and would love to get one if I could get a response that is. I realize he is probably really busy right now though.

Not sure which site you sent to but Mr. Muir is handling the sales through his site now not RS PropMasters.
You can reach him here:

http://www.brianmuirvadersculptor.com/

yup same here I sent over email and message via facebook, he has seen it but has yet to reply.

He is probably busy but hope tp hear back from him as well.

I haven't heard that it was from ROTJ. I met with him and he said he used his same vintage tools to sharpen the lines of the original before making these.
That said, I didn't ask which original he was working from, I assumed it would have been the ANH. I'm curious as to the ROTJ story. Interesting.

Brian Muir the original sculptor of darth vader makes and sells vader helmets, chest armor, and shoulder armor on his website here

http://www.brianmuirvadersculptor.com/store/c2/The_Ultimate_Brian_Muir_Edition.html

There has been word that he is using a original mold from ANH which if its true then his helmets will be the most closest thing anyone will every get to owning the real thing, plus its coming from the man himself thus cant get any better then that. I got in contact with brian via facebook and asked him if this info is correct and now im just awaiting his reply

Anyone able to give the definitive on what this is because it's sounding very interesting.

There has been word that he is using a original mold from ANH which if its true then his helmets will be the most closest thing anyone will every get to owning the real thing, plus its coming from the man himself thus cant get any better then that. I got in contact with brian via facebook and asked him if this info is correct and now im just awaiting his reply

Be interested to know his reply. I'm sure we all would.

Not exactly I have read something about RS being involved but I think these come from him especially since I contacted Andrea from RS a few days ago and asked her if they are indeed involved in any way with his helmets and she said no.

Oh and since we are talking about RS for those who have been really wanting a green HDPE stormtrooper helmet and was not able to get one during the first run I got word from RS that they will be doing a last and final run of them in a few months so keep an eye out

So is this an RS Props helmet with Brians signature?

Last edited:
So is this an RS Props helmet with Brians signature?

Its actually an original work from Brian Muir who sculpted the original Vader, not someone else's work with his autograph slapped on.
He sharpened the lines on a vintage original and made the helmets available at his site. Provenence wise, this is as close as you're likely to ever own.

The helmet is made from a ROTJ screen used helmet that Brian originally sculpted.

How did you come to know this? Is this factual? If it was once an ROTJ helmet, that would explain the mid strip's appearance (among other things) as opposed to something that was a direct ANH source.

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly I have read something about RS being involved but I think these come from him especially since I contacted Andrea from RS a few days ago and asked her if they are indeed involved in any way with his helmets and she said no.

Was an explanation offered as to why? I was talking about the Brian helmet with someone and was surprised to not see the Vader there any longer. They have a Fett though!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back