Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

We're reading too much into this. Somebody just suggested the idea of a female Indy and Spielberg granted that such a thing was possible. Not exactly a declaration that it's happening.

Indy will most likely look different next time, just because trying to compete with young Harrison Ford's Indy is such a losing game. When you cannot possibly live up to expectations then you're better off trying something different.

I *could* be on board for a female successor. But only if they DON'T go the Lara Croft route and make her a "hottie".
She'd need to be of average physique, and suitably gruffy/sarcastic.

Sent using Tapatalk.

We're reading too much into this. Somebody just suggested the idea of a female Indy and Spielberg granted that such a thing was possible. Not exactly a declaration that it's happening.

Indy will most likely look different next time, just because trying to compete with young Harrison Ford's Indy is such a losing game. When you cannot possibly live up to expectations then you're better off trying something different.

I do think they will definitely look for someone young and charismatic, capable of leading the franchise for a number of new movies.

The script has this in it:

[Indiana’s daughter] looks upon her fathers eyes on the frail wooden bridge and asks, “will you help me”. Then kills her father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I *could* be on board for a female successor. But only if they DON'T go the Lara Croft route and make her a "hottie".
She'd need to be of average physique, and suitably gruffy/sarcastic.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Why? You're saying an attractive woman couldn't be an archaeologist? If you watch that show What On Earth? there are several real archaeologists on there that are pretty good looking. Not to mention Harrison Ford isn't exactly an ugly guy so I don't know why you need an average woman.

Knew it was coming, wish them luck with that.

The Franchise ended for me after Last Crusade

Steven Spielberg: ‘Indiana Jones could be a WOMAN after Harrison Ford’s last movie’
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...pielberg-female-Indiana-Jones-5-Harrison-Ford

So there is that.

- - - Updated - - -

He could care less about making good films anymore, all about the politics and money now and “keeping busy”

A shame he lost his passion for making great films

Spielberg is totally lost to great film making,:wacko Sorry this isn't a chick franchise...

Same here. I would ride my bike as a kid to the theater and watch all these great films.

The last Spielberg film I watched in a theater was SPR. Loved BOB and The Pacific on HBO. I always wished the air war story would have been told that way.

The rest has been sad film making. The magic and passion is gone. Just eluding to the thought that an Indi franchise could be taken over by a female is beyond pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

He could care less about making good films anymore, all about the politics and money now and “keeping busy”

Filmmakers are artists just like painters or musicians. Artists normally do their best stuff in their physical prime or at least the earlier half of their career. IMO Spielberg has aged about as well as we could have hoped for. Even today there are plenty of worse people to hire for the job.

Lara Croft of course is of the modern era.

IF.. IF... they go back to the 1930s, and create a NEW character gosh darn it, well if that character is female and exists
in the same universe as Indy, I'll leave the door open on that. But you don't just make a female Indy. Negatory good buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Henry Jones.gif

Same here. I would ride my bike as a kid to the theater and watch all these great films.

The last Spielberg film I watched in a theater was SPR. Loved BOB and The Pacific on HBO. I always wished the air war story would have been told that way.

The rest has been sad film making. The magic and passion is gone. Just eluding to the thought that an Indi franchise could be taken over by a female is beyond pathetic.
I feel the same way about Spielberg. I think his last great film was Minority Report.

First:

There are three Indiana Jones films. End. Of. Discussion.

yadda, von Greutscher drinks from the well and disappears, Indy puts it together, goes back in time, hands off his hat to whomever his heir apparent is (daughter, I'd guess), takes a sip, and now you have not one but two Indy franchises you can play with: one set in Indy's past (allowing for the Chris Pratt/Anthony Ingruber BECAUSE DUH, CAST HIM YOU IDIOTS takeover), one set in the present or near-past with Indy's daughter or son or both or whatever.

So yeah. Had to look up Tony's name. Took one glance and, yeah. young Indy in the 21st century. But Pratt would make an excellent addition to the Indy Family, IMO.

Anyways. I fall under the bent of "I like KotCS because it's 'My' Indiana Jones movie, not my dad's" And believe me, I grew up with the originals. Pops raised me right, but there's always been this feeling of being shown "someone else's stuff" and having something that I could grow up with and enjoy was awesome. All arguments are justified with Skull, but I'll still have it on the shelf.

Either way, Excited for this. if it ever happens.

On a side note, It would seem that Spielberg just confirmed he's working on it and it'll be in the 60's.
https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...ones-5-setting-Steven-Spielberg-Harrison-Ford

I really think that they should just reboot the franchise and set it back in the '20s and '30s because, to me, that was the golden age of exploration and adventure. If they simply continue from whenever this movie takes place then it becomes too modern and, to me, it needs to be set in the past with its lack of technology and where the world was much larger place.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back