The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I want to make rails and upper copper part from brass.
No matter what material was used in WG/CU sabers, more important is how it looks. And it looks much more like oxidized brass.

luke originally to use the green lightsaber in the crait showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand having Luke look like he did the last time Kylo saw him, but I think the green saber would have made more sense. That is what Luke had when Kylo knew him and the blue saber is more associated with Anakin than Vader. Having Luke use Vader's saber would have really messed with Kylo but confuse the audience.

The lack of Luke disturbing the lighter ground material was enough clue for the audience that he was a projection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Using the Graflex was bad enough, but did they have to have him using one of the lame stunt versions with flat grips? He's not twirling the lightsaber like a baton, put some grips on that thing!!

@lukyanov is your saber to be an FX saber? If so what is heatsink solution, what diameter blade is going to use?
Hi. Yes, it will be made for electronics install. Heatsink will be 20mm diameter for tri-cree with lens, emitter will be 25.47mm diameter with 26mm depth for blade install.

1.png 2.png

I can understand having Luke look like he did the last time Kylo saw him, but I think the green saber would have made more sense. That is what Luke had when Kylo knew him and the blue saber is more associated with Anakin than Vader. Having Luke use Vader's saber would have really messed with Kylo but confuse the audience.

The lack of Luke disturbing the lighter ground material was enough clue for the audience that he was a projection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Perhaps he was using the Graflex to wind Kylo up....Kylo was after that Lightsaber after all and in TFA said that it belongs to him. Seeing Luke with it would surely anger him knowing that he had failed in obtaining it and distract him from the Resistance trying to escape Crait.

Perhaps he was using the Graflex to wind Kylo up....Kylo was after that Lightsaber after all and in TFA said that it belongs to him. Seeing Luke with it would surely anger him knowing that he had failed in obtaining it and distract him from the Resistance trying to escape Crait.
Yes, distracting Kylo appears to have been the point of Luke's choices in appearance. I forgot that Kylo was pursuing the Graflex. Vader seemed to reject anything associated with Anakin. I would have thought Kylo would too since he would view Anakin as weak compared to Vader.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

@halliwax just to let you know that Slothfurnace is now looking at a double sided 10 trace/13 trace card which is slightly longer so either side can be trimmed as required

Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back