New Roger Christian Interview

I think it may be this same Graflex. He posted these pics on his FB a while back.
12484740_770579679738200_8851439935322633926_o.jpg
12466124_770579586404876_2868356858400279094_o.jpg
12525503_770578976404937_6379436653074971646_o.jpg

I think it may be this same Graflex. He posted these pics on his FB a while back.
View attachment 782699
View attachment 782700
View attachment 782701

thanks for sharing these high rez imagines! i have seen the first one before on a website that hosted a interview with him on a radio show. beginning of the show he calls this saber in his hand a original from the film, about 20 minutes later he explains he bought replica grips and bubble strip and d ring... "made to the exact measurements". i would love to source his parts to one day build this exact saber and have my christian edition

Gino did say he told roger t track, but everything else i wonder where he got it

- - - Updated - - -

In a few years he'll pull a Kurtz and try to auction it as THE ANH saber.

exactly seth! him and kurtz can do this the rest of their lives.. " oh this is another one we had on set"

one thing i like to bring up is in this interview Roger said he bought 6 of them... i wonder if more were bought for ESB or they just used the original 6... IF it was even 6

It may be a left over unit from production. He told me this the last time we spoke: "I finally managed to get one of my originals from my storage lockbox, I made a few after the 1st two I sent to Tunisia, and Gino's strips are the most accurate. I had run out of the stormtroopers strips used for the 1st 2, so used what I could that matched, no-one ever knew they all looked the same".

It may be a left over unit from production. He told me this the last time we spoke: "I finally managed to get one of my originals from my storage lockbox, I made a few after the 1st two I sent to Tunisia, and Gino's strips are the most accurate. I had run out of the stormtroopers strips used for the 1st 2, so used what I could that matched, no-one ever knew they all looked the same".

WOW! thanks for sharing that, so he sourced t track after he ran out? and opening knew it wasn't the same exact track?!

WOW! thanks for sharing that, so he sourced t track after he ran out? and opening knew it wasn't the same exact track?!

If you look at my earlier posts a few pages back, I quoted him as saying the tracks he used for the E-11 might have been draft excluders and he used that for the first 2 Graflexes he sent to Tunisia. He ran out of those when he made the remaining ones so he used cabinet slider tracks which his prop guy found. But as others have pointed out, this only added to the confusion.

If you look at my earlier posts a few pages back, I quoted him as saying the tracks he used for the E-11 might have been draft excluders and he used that for the first 2 Graflexes he sent to Tunisia. He ran out of those when he made the remaining ones so he used cabinet slider tracks which his prop guy found. But as others have pointed out, this only added to the confusion.

damn i missed that! now this whole time we were dogging his memory... when in reality this now all makes sense

does anyone have a list of every prop he made for production? trying to see if he "favored" a certain "screw"

Here's a thought...

He says they found six Graflexes.

...that doesn't mean there are six belt-hangers.

You know what there's six of in ANH? Graflex clamps.

One on the hero, one on the Luke/Vader shared stunt, one on the Tunisia Obi-Wan hero, one on the Death Star Obi-Wan hero, and one each on the two Obi_wan stunts (eventual V2 and V3).

Six Graflexes found, six clamps used.

Here's a thought...

One on the hero, one on the Luke/Vader shared stunt, one on the Tunisia Obi-Wan hero, one on the Death Star Obi-Wan hero, and one each on the two Obi_wan stunts (eventual V2 and V3).

Seth you are a genius!!!! Wicked smart thinking man!!!

Here's a thought...

This makes a lot of sense. So if I understand, that means Luke only has one belt hanger and Obi Wan has two?

Is there a known reason why they’d make a second one for Obi Wan and not Luke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“ obiwan having 2 belt hangers”

...Oh ms did you just open up a can of worms

;)

“ obiwan having 2 belt hangers”

...Oh ms did you just open up a can of worms

;)

I didn’t mean to, haha! I read Seth’s description as obi Wan has one for Tunisia and one for the Death Star, which I interpreted as two different belt hangers. Did I misunderstand?

I didn’t mean to, haha! I read Seth’s description as obi Wan has one for Tunisia and one for the Death Star, which I interpreted as two different belt hangers. Did I misunderstand?

It’s been debated that it’s 2 different sabers. This is a equal debate to “rivets vs screws”

Smart thinking Seth, but..
If a Graflex flash has been robbed from its clamp doesn't mean it can't be reunited again with it later. They didn't require all sabers at one location at the same time. In other words: unfortunately it doesn't proof that much.

I find it odd too that there would only be one belt hanger for Luke— but it only is handled like a prop in one scene. All other times it’s either part of his wardrobe or is the stunt. Technically, Obi-Wan uses and shows his saber more, and has the duel.

I couldn’t say with certainty there is more than one Obi-Wan belthanger, but the inside of the emitter is different between Tattooine and The Death Star.

Smart thinking Seth, but..
If a Graflex flash has been robbed from its clamp doesn't mean it can't be reunited again with it later. They didn't require all sabers at one location at the same time. In other words: unfortunately it doesn't proof that much.

You're not wrong-- but I think on set they would avoid hot-swapping parts as it takes time. THAT said, between locations when thre is time for things to be reset or repaired, they could.

It certainly isn't definitive proof, I just like the matching numbers. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back