Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

Holy cow! You are cleaning up with your finds lately. What did you use to polish up your newest MPP?

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

If memory serves you should have every version of the MPP at this point.... maybe find a camera to display it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If memory serves you should have every version of the MPP at this point.... maybe find a camera to display it with?

Well... I have for an ANH build and one for a ESB build...

Technically I guess I could make a ROTJ version... but that's more or less just a copy of the ESB build... plus I've got a Graflex already stripped down to make the stunt saber...

The other option is to make a ANH V2 version since thanks to teecrooz I have a set of the red LED Exactra circuit board... Chris's suggestion was to make a Rogue One Vader hilt since it's got the small B-hole and the trapezoid sidebars... though I'm not sure about going down the non-OT rabbit hole...
scottjua's suggestion was to start a real parts EE-3 build... that's *another* rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to go down lol...

Or as you suggested... display piece?

:confused

Last edited by a moderator:

No you want to go down that hole. When you get to 4 you will for sure lol.

Soooo... most people go to Disneyland and come back with lightsabers with removable blades, remote control mouse droids, imperial binders, etc. Me? No I had to go for the overpriced sippy cup and popcorn bucket :p

Attachments

• IMG_5574.JPG
    IMG_5574.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 134

Soooo... most people go to Disneyland and come back with lightsabers with removable blades, remote control mouse droids, imperial binders, etc. Me? No I had to go for the overpriced sippy cup and popcorn bucket :p

I... I mean, my kid... has one of those cups rolling around here somewheres. :confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I... I mean, my kid... has one of those cups rolling around here somewheres. :confused.

Aaawwe! I wanna a kid to blame for my toys laying about on.

& good God almighty!! I need that popcorn bucket!!

Can I solicit a little advice from the experienced out there? I wanted to toss together a quick light saber for the kid and I to take to MAGFEST in what is now only a couple weeks (yikes!). He is really into the idea. I'm using a real Graflex, because that's all I got. I purchased a kit from wannawanga that I want to use - and safely remove so that we can do it right some day when we can take our time and use all the vintage bits I've been collecting for the job.

Any suggestions on the best adhesive to use? One that would be safe for the finish of the Graflex when it comes time to remove the parts and replace them with the real deal? I would like to try to do this conversion non-destructively. Because this is just a temporary trial. And because I still haven't quite wrapped my brain around permanently modifying something so valuable (I came on-board WAY too late in the game).

Thanks in advance.

I use 3M 5mil vhb tape.

Last edited:

Can I solicit a little advice from the experienced out there? I wanted to toss together a quick light saber for the kid and I to take to MAGFEST in what is now only a couple weeks (yikes!). He is really into the idea. I'm using a real Graflex, because that's all I got. I purchased a kit from wannawanga that I want to use - and safely remove so that we can do it right some day when we can take our time and use all the vintage bits I've been collecting for the job.

Any suggestions on the best adhesive to use? One that would be safe for the finish of the Graflex when it comes time to remove the parts and replace them with the real deal? I would like to try to do this conversion non-destructively. Because this is just a temporary trial. And because I still haven't quite wrapped my brain around permanently modifying something so valuable (I came on-board WAY too late in the game).

Thanks in advance.

Chris beat me to it... but I bought some regular double sided poster tape to adhere my plaques to my plaque stands and discovered that it holds the grips on to the flash surface *really* well! It's probably not quite as good as the stuff that Chris is using, but for a temp measure it would probably be good in a pinch as well...

This is one of my favorite threads. Keep up the great collection

I use 3M 5mil vbh tape.

Thanks. Where do you get this from? I see 45 mils and 25 mils all around; but can't seem to find a source for VBH any thinner.

Thanks. Where do you get this from? I see 45 mils and 25 mils all around; but can't seem to find a source for VBH any thinner.

You can get it from Uline or on eBay. I think I have 1/4 inch width, but had to use two strips. Might be better to buy 1/2 inch width, but check your grips.

https://www.uline.com/BL_6036/3M-F9469PC-VHB-Adhesive-Transfer-Tape

Did everyone notice that mint condition MPP that sold for 1500 pounds on ebay.co.uk about 2 weeks ago? Beautiful - lasted a few hours. That's a lot of dough. Biggest price I've seen for an MPP on ebay in recent months, though all the others were stepped shrouds.

s-l1600.jpg

Wow that is a beauty. A Vader is on my list although the MPP is hard to find.

Chris beat me to it... but I bought some regular double sided poster tape to adhere my plaques to my plaque stands and discovered that it holds the grips on to the flash surface *really* well! It's probably not quite as good as the stuff that Chris is using, but for a temp measure it would probably be good in a pinch as well...

I got some of that tape and used them for the T-grips. Used repro parts for the T-grips, bubble strip, and hangar. For the hangar, I used this slightly thicker double-sided tape my kid used to stick the LED running lights under his skateboard (very important). Because I still haven't been able bring myself to drill one of these - even a beater like his one. So, that tape, along a stack of 4 nyodinium magents in the bottom the handle, proved strong enough to it hang on your belt (over carpet), if your careful. It was a blast showing the 501s guys at the Magfest what a real Graflex saber looked like.

This was a great incentive to finally compel my very first test build. Can't wait to finish my shop downstairs and start slowly and carefully start working on the all vintage real deals.

IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4383.JPG

Thanks for for all the encouragement and advice!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back