Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

That depends on what the galaxy knows. If Luke hasn't told the galaxy at large that Vader turned back to the light side at the last moment they might not know. That's even if most of the people in the galaxy actually know the difference between the sides of the Force. Han doesn't believe in the Force at all in ANH, so maybe that's the view of a lot of people post Order 66? Only the Emperor and Luke were there so it's up in the air whether anyone else knew Vader turned back.

well we weren't speaking of the rest of the galaxy...we were speaking of Snoke...and he definitely knows... i would assume from Ben (who was told by his Uncle Luke)

I'm very skeptical.

Not only am I skeptical, but i'd go as far as to say this is made up rubbish extrapolated from perhaps one or two points actually discovered someplace.

Reincarnated Anakin? Yeah... NO. Just no and that is all. WAY off the mark for Star Wars. I really do not think so. not even a little bit.

Can you tell I'm not buying it?

Notice not one mention of a droid in the entire story?

Now name me one star wars film where a droid wasn't pivotal to the plot at some point?

Not only am I skeptical, but i'd go as far as to say this is made up rubbish extrapolated from perhaps one or two points actually discovered someplace.

Reincarnated Anakin? Yeah... NO. Just no and that is all. WAY off the mark for Star Wars. I really do not think so. not even a little bit.

Can you tell I'm not buying it?

A few other sources I trust have debunked this as well, utter fabrication.

I wouldn't say that the mark would be that far off considering how spirits of the deceased have existed with Star Wars since the beginning. Maybe if Disney didn't count the prequels as canon I would agree to a point that reincarnation is kind of a departure. After all, it was the prequels that George Lucas introduced elements like prophecies, a virgin birth, death by heartbreak and embryonic creation via the Force into the mix. Having to accept all of that (and possibly even more ridiculous stuff in the newer canon material), I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten a reincarnation story yet.

Maybe if Anakin wasn't retconned into being a super special 'Chosen One' character that the prequels made him out to be, there wouldn't be any reincarnation speculation to begin with.

Maybe that stick was custom made to approximate the weight and handling characteristics of a production Lightsaber. She's handling it like a sword - using Chinese-ish techniques. Flashy!

I need to see more images or mock ups of Luke's new costume from this so I can begin my research started for Halloween.

-Ash

So apparently Frank Oz was in London for "work" a few weeks ago and there are rumors of a Yoda puppet having been made....

Yeah, I had heard rumors that Oz had been seen at Pinewood and that the Ach-To beehive hut studio sets were made to accommodate a puppet but I hadn't heard anything about the puppet itself. I know Nick Maley (one of the original makers of the Yoda puppet under Stuart Freeborn) had started his own crowdfunded initiative to build a new Yoda for potential use in the new movies but he has been publicly sharing his progress (I'd otherwise assume he'd very much be under a NDA) and he isn't finished so I doubt he's the source of a potential new puppet (as cool as that would be). I would suppose Neal Scanlan tackled this? I just hope it looks right because it seems it's very easy to get Yoda "wrong". The same applies to Chewie and they did a very good job with him (though I still think his eyes looked weird in many shots).

But Chewie had differences between 4,5, & 6 too. But no one dares say a word because those films somehow get built-in immunity.

Yeah, I had heard rumors that Oz had been seen at Pinewood and that the Ach-To beehive hut studio sets were made to accommodate a puppet but I hadn't heard anything about the puppet itself. I know Nick Maley (one of the original makers of the Yoda puppet under Stuart Freeborn) had started his own crowdfunded initiative to build a new Yoda for potential use in the new movies but he has been publicly sharing his progress (I'd otherwise assume he'd very much be under a NDA) and he isn't finished so I doubt he's the source of a potential new puppet (as cool as that would be). I would suppose Neal Scanlan tackled this? I just hope it looks right because it seems it's very easy to get Yoda "wrong". The same applies to Chewie and they did a very good job with him (though I still think his eyes looked weird in many shots).

Not really. His hairstyle changed a bit in ROTJ but that was the most notable thing. I sometimes wonder if they intentionally made the eye slits so small to hide the fact a different actor is portraying him most of the time but that seems pretty unlikely. The average Joe Blow is not gonna notice it's not Mayhew, certainly not based on eyes alone.

But Chewie had differences between 4,5, & 6 too. But no one dares say a word because those films somehow get built-in immunity.

Not differences like "WTF Yoda" in The Phantom Menace... I'm pretty sure everyone thought that looked weird and stood out. While I hate CG changes, I welcomed CG yoda cuz it was still better than that weird puppet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back