Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Water gun vs Sidkit:

767dad9dff569e7ff9ed7684d58d48b8.jpg

Finally worked on my sidkit today!

IMG_2257.JPG
All the seams are gone, the whole thing has been buffed up with 000, it took me a long time but i have finally managed to insert, fill and sand even the grip insert.

BUT I need help guys before I go ahead and fit the receiver cap in and weight it all, I've decided that if I was careful enough I could probably cut the magazine out, should I?

it would give me more things to work out like lighting and how I'm going to weight it (I was originally just going to fill it up with sand) and how I'd build up the inside but I am on the fence here I'm not sure, I need an opinion.

Everytime I check in on this thread, I'm blown away by the results being produced from a plastic water gun.
I don't have one of these but the pics make me want one. Wish I had the skill set needed to get these incredible results!

View attachment 771367
All the seams are gone, the whole thing has been buffed up with 000, it took me a long time but i have finally managed to insert, fill and sand even the grip insert.

BUT I need help guys before I go ahead and fit the receiver cap in and weight it all, I've decided that if I was careful enough I could probably cut the magazine out, should I?

it would give me more things to work out like lighting and how I'm going to weight it (I was originally just going to fill it up with sand) and how I'd build up the inside but I am on the fence here I'm not sure, I need an opinion.

I weighted mine with threaded rods and resin.....worked a treat
FF6F489B-AD14-4859-B54B-B0D7FD30FAD4.jpeg40CC1756-6878-441E-A302-422B20023F38.jpeg

" I only managed to get the blue handled pistol, so tried to make it work in my favour as a futuristic plastic type deal!"

Whole thing ooks pretty damn good to me kri5! I never liked the look of the blue handle before, but you really pulled it off!
I also like your scratches on the black glossy area, is that rubn buff or another technique?
Thanks ArthurRackham I'm glad to hear that you think it works! I was worried about getting the right look with the wrong colour but its good to hear that it can work! And yes i used rub n buff just on a rag and brushed across the glossy parts with my finger; tried to make it look very scraped and used

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

View attachment 771367

The first one that I made I used Copper BBs for weight, and some clear Elmer's glue to contain them. It took some time for the glue to cure, and I def recommend adding the glue in small amounts so it cures quicker. Learn from my mistakes haha.

View attachment 771367

Cut the mag out. It's not that difficult and the benefits are many.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

Working on repairing a crack that the blaster had when it arrived
IMG_7443.JPG

After sanding the bondo I wanted to see where I stand after a lil' rub n' buff.

Still have some work to do before the finish is nice and smooth. It's an improvement imo though.

I was able to pry the orange grips off with an Exacto knife and some patience. The first side came off easily, but the other was really stubborn. The part where the grip meets up with the receiver was glued in so well that I ended up cracking it in 2 places in order to get it off. Fortunately I have Soulinertia's deluxe upgrade kit ordered so it doesn't matter.

IMG_7085.jpg

Should I keep using the Exacto to split the two halves of the gun apart, or is there a better way to go about this?

I was able to pry the orange grips off with an Exacto knife and some patience. The first side came off easily, but the other was really stubborn. The part where the grip meets up with the receiver was glued in so well that I ended up cracking it in 2 places in order to get it off. Fortunately I have Soulinertia's deluxe upgrade kit ordered so it doesn't matter.

View attachment 771999

Should I keep using the Exacto to split the two halves of the gun apart, or is there a better way to go about this?
I realised too late that I could do everything I wanted without splitting the gun. Have a long hard think about it.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

I keep coming back to this Thread to torture myself.

I saw these 'cheap-accurate BR water guns' when it was first posted but I failed to buy one immediately. I thought 'Oh, it's a cheap plastic toy made in a factory in China. I'll be able to pick one up anytime".

Then when I remembered/decided to make the purchase, everywhere was sold out and the only way to get one is second-hand through a mark-up for $50+ the original price.

Cool as it is, I can't pay more than $15 for one of these. At the end of the day it's still a cheap, brittle plastic water gun.

I keep checking back hoping these things are going to be like the fidget spinner craze this summer.

You know, where fidget spinners were made and sold and they didn't cost much and you could easily get one anywhere.
Then suddenly everybody wanted one, they sold out, you could't find them anywhere, and the price went sky-high for the only ones you could find to purchase.
Before you knew it, everyone was re-stocked on them, nobody wanted them anymore, and now you can get one anywhere/anytime for nothing.

Eventually they have to make these water guns again in bulk, because only a fool would stop making them considering how well they sold. Offering these water guns again is like having a press to print your own money.

I keep coming back to this Thread to torture myself.

I saw these 'cheap-accurate BR water guns' when it was first posted but I failed to buy one immediately. I thought 'Oh, it's a cheap plastic toy made in a factory in China. I'll be able to pick one up anytime".

Then when I remembered/decided to make the purchase, everywhere was sold out and the only way to get one is second-hand through a mark-up for $50+ the original price.

Cool as it is, I can't pay more than $15 for one of these. At the end of the day it's still a cheap, brittle plastic water gun.

I keep checking back hoping these things are going to be like the fidget spinner craze this summer.

You know, where fidget spinners were made and sold and they didn't cost much and you could easily get one anywhere.
Then suddenly everybody wanted one, they sold out, you could't find them anywhere, and the price went sky-high for the only ones you could find to purchase.
Before you knew it, everyone was re-stocked on them, nobody wanted them anymore, and now you can get one anywhere/anytime for nothing.

Eventually they have to make these water guns again in bulk, because only a fool would stop making them considering how well they sold. Offering these water guns again is like having a press to print your own money.

Fidget spinners are a fad. The Blade Runner blaster is an obsession.

BIG difference.

These will never be as available OR cheap as stupid fidget spinners made for ADD millennials and children.

Fidget spinners are a fad. The Blade Runner blaster is an obsession.

BIG difference.

These will never be as available OR cheap as stupid fidget spinners made for ADD millennials and children.

Swing and a miss. I think you missed the ‘like the...(fill in the blank with anything popular)...craze’ part of my post.

But I do appreciate you educating me on the difference between one of the most iconic props in movie history from one of the most respected and iconic films of all time and a cheap throw-away toy.

Because now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Swing and a miss. I think you missed the ‘like the...(fill in the blank with anything popular)...craze’ part of my post.

But I do appreciate you educating me on the difference between one of the most iconic props in movie history from one of the most respected and iconic films of all time and a cheap throw-away toy.

Because now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Sorry, James. I just HATE fidget spinners so I couldn’t help it. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good, no worries.

Has anyone heard if these guns are going back into production ? I’m checking several sites every few days but they are always out of stock.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back