Darth Vader ESB metal microswitches (greeblies)

I Ron Man

Geetings to all.
I was wondering if I could pick the brains of the wise and the learned prop masters.
Those with great knowledge of props and movies are welcome too. It is this:
What are the original pieces or greeblies that are used as microswitches for Darth Vader's regulator or chest box?
What did the Lusasfilm or ILM propmasters for the movie use? Are they electronic parts? Were they custom made?
I know they are chrome metal and possibly die cast metal but they must be off of something. Does anybody know what?

I made a professional Darth Vader costume of leather and bought accurate fiberglass helmet and armor. I bought the East German officer's boots, the whole nine yards.
I did a great deal of research on this and produced an impressive costume. I want it to pass 501 scrutiny.

I want to use what the studios propmakers of Lucasfilm during Empire Strikes Back used so if anybody knows the answer, it would be greatly appreciated

Those switches are actually painted resin. There really is no original source for them. To find a set contact Dark-Side on the Sith Lord Detachment forum to buy a set. He produces chest boxes and belt boxes.

Those switches are actually painted resin. There really is no original source for them. To find a set contact Dark-Side on the Sith Lord Detachment forum to buy a set. He produces chest boxes and belt boxes.

Do you have a link for the SLD? PM if needed.

Last edited:
I was told that the micro-switches were the little graphic equalizer switches used on a stereo face of some kind. I've kept my eye out for YEARS and, while I have seen similar, I have never seen exact. Also, I was told that microswitches for at least ROTJ were aluminum. IMG_0992.JPG Here is my box. The bottom buttons are brass.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back