Bengrim09 custom saber build

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm now going down a path I know I will never be able to come back from !!! Thanks to "SHOW YOUR CUSTOM SABER" thread, what a fantastic lot of talented and very imaginative builders they are, I wasn't planing on building a custom saber but while I'm on with another build ( waiting for bits ) I thought I would knock something together, this won't be a fast build but more of in between my Vader build. Please don't be shy all input and advise is welcome
here goes
I recently bought from a collectors market a 60s every ready torch / flashlight it looked and felt ( light saber ) material
IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0269.JPGIMG_0270.JPGIMG_0272.JPG

Ive just given it a ruddy good clean and now I have this
IMG_0306.JPGIMG_0308.JPGIMG_0309.JPGIMG_0310.JPGIMG_0311.JPG
Now I'm picking out what to place on for the track handle

I've got some ally window track
IMG_0293.JPGIMG_0296.JPG

Or I have some rubber window seal
IMG_0312.JPG
The ally seems a little bit to much metal
the rubber seems more traditional
what do people think ?

I've just found these brass discs in my junk drawer I think they will go well on the end as part of the emitter and they will fit well as part of the crystal chamber in the 2nd custom build I have lined up !!! Oh yes I'm going for 2
IMG_0314.JPGIMG_0325.JPGIMG_0327.PNG

I might go for a 3rd lightsaber as I found this at work today
flexible waste pipe connector
IMG_0338.JPGIMG_0339.JPG

With a a piece of 28mm copper tube ( that fits snugly) through the centre makes this plastic nice and straight also ridged
IMG_0342.JPGIMG_0340.JPGIMG_0341.JPG

Last edited:
A little update in between my Vader build

I had my son knock me some little circuits up with adjustable pulsating LEDs only cost about £3 each as I'm going to try and add some crystal chambers ( I did say try ) time will tell
I've also asked him to try and make very bright lights for the emitter

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Just playing around at the moment Chaim got loads of bits to use up, something else in between Vader, widening my horizons for the future, inc some Harry Potter bits for my wife

i blame you for the impending light saber fetish Ive eventually got to have an all original obi-wan saber " dam you "

This is definitely a slippery slope into saber world and I ain't coming back !!!!
ive tried the 2 shower shrouds on my potential custom sabers and I think they are going to work.
im now up to 4 as I picked up another vintage 60s torch at the weekend for £1.50 the 4 potential saber is in the garage 38mm chrome plated brass tube and more brass tap and shower parts
might start putting some bit together during the week as my Vader bits are slow on turning up
IMG_0388.JPGIMG_0389.JPGIMG_0387.JPG
The emitters are going to look great

those are perfect! What are the exactly so I can raid a hardware store?
they at from a shower product made by a company called "Vado" it was a display shower I will try and get the actual name of the shower and I will speak to the rep to see if he has any more as this was an older shower display they might have some left over

Having a bit of fun with a few different designs
these shower control knobs are just fantastic as they unscrew apart and fit back together in different ways, also with added different tap bits I've saved and lots of little brass discs, nuts, bolts and brass tubing
i think eventually I'm going to have to put together a full working sound and light saber
IMG_0403.JPGIMG_0402.JPGIMG_0401.JPGIMG_0400.JPGIMG_0399.JPG
I just love the brass discs it could make a great crystal chamber

IMG_0406.JPGIMG_0405.JPGIMG_0404.JPG

I've had another little play !!!!
removed the glass from the torch and formed the opening around a brass disc
IMG_0409.JPGIMG_0410.JPG
Now to pick an emitter I kind of like the gap
IMG_0411.JPGIMG_0412.JPGIMG_0413.JPG
Now decision time
without or with a brass disc ?
IMG_0414.JPGIMG_0415.JPG

Collected more bits today from a skip (dumpster) outside my local plumbers merchants
my boys don't call me skippy for nothing !!!!
IMG_0424.JPGIMG_0423.JPG
The stainless steel tube Is great I might cut it up to try and make a clamp :D

Update
in between a busy work schedule I've put some grips on and built an emitter, I still need to add something
IMG_0691.JPGIMG_0692.JPG

I've done a little bit more to the custom saber
stainless tube
IMG_1002.JPG
Cut it down the centre
IMG_1004.JPG
Bent the ends
IMG_1005.JPG
Test fit, the gap needs to be wider
IMG_1006.JPG
Needed to bend to ends to take the circuit board
IMG_1007.JPG
Test fit
IMG_1008.JPG
Found some old circuit board and cut it to size
test fit
IMG_1009.JPGIMG_1010.JPG
Made a clamp from a thumb screw I had on a pair of Scope brackets I had lying around.
IMG_1011.JPGIMG_1012.JPG
Under the clamp I thought I would cut out a piece of the torch to display my flashing crystal
View attachment IMG_1013.MOV
IMG_1019.PNG
a few nearly finished shots
I've also put on a big red button
IMG_1015.JPGIMG_1014.JPGIMG_1017.JPG

Hey Bengrim09 ! Your lightsaber is really coming along nicely! Don't forget to get in there and and sqaure up your Crystal Reveal's Square Window, I'm sure it's easy to overlook when it's covered by the clamp most of the time. It's all those little polished features that make a more cohesive whole.

Keep at it! You're nearly there!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back