Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

Yes! I found where it goes, one wire goes from battery to engine as ground, the other black wire from starter goes to the relay (black to red) why it's not red I don't know as it's the live feed to the starter. But hey it works, she breathes! Thanks

IMG_0121.JPGIMG_0109.JPGIMG_0113.JPG Pre apocalypse version looking a bit more like a bike. Just got to sort a battery box, wire lights up and get a seat and she's done. Insurance didn't like that it didn't fit into their tick boxes....#stung! Sounds awesome though and makes me smile a lot lol

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 336
My bike is finally complete! I've been going around to a few different car shows in the last 2 weeks and have managed to win 4 trophies so far! This thing is definitely a head turner. Short funny story....i took it too Richmond to the rva bike meet they have every Wednesday, and I had multiple people ask me if I somehow bought the third bike lol. Then 1 guy who knows John took a pic and sent it too him haha. The guy said he has seen the third bike in person, and even sat on it. He said he could not tell the difference between mine and the original, so I guess I did good.18950388_1911757032400427_1461679651179986944_n.jpg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

19121843_662421600609188_6213262589913202688_n.jpg.jpg
Here's a pic with a banner I made for the shows

- - - Updated - - -

FB_IMG_1496671148256.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20170510_191022.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20170510_191210.jpg

Everyone finishing their bikes before me is making me SUPER jealous.

That aside, those bikes are both badass. Hopefully I should have some time available to work on mine coming up.

Hy everyone,

First I would like to thanks all of you for sharing your incredible project, it will be very helpfull for me!
You guys did an awesome job! Keep it up!
I will beguin mine soon in French Alpes, I think I will be the first... Here is my donnor

e674b1663aaaaa01f97019c369045c84060b15d7.jpg

I will soon have a lot of questions for all of you

See you soon!

Hi guys! Paul here from the Netherlands. What are the exact specs for the Progressive Suspension 970 series piggybags? 13.5"? I see them for Harley Davidson (12.5"&13") and Triumph (900 04-12) (13.6")
And the holder at the back for the crossbow, what are the dimensions? Thickness steel and thickness and lenght 3 strips? The front is quite good now and I did order the Classified Moto tripple topplate and custom made filters by Sleepers Designs. Get a lot of likes overhere in the Netherlands! I'm the only one who's making an exact 1:1 replica....

Soooooo very close. Got the tank and front fender rusted and clear coated and the fuel lines attached. Wiring is done. At this point, I just need to finish the cage for the headlight, make the rear fender, make the crossbow rack, wrap the handlebars and grips, and get the seat and bag made.

20170726_184756.jpg

20170726_184713.jpg

20170726_184706.jpg

Crossbow rack and headlight cage welded up. Still have a bit of weathering to do, and I still need the seat and bag made. I have a lead on the accurate Optifade Camo Strykezone 380, but the guy is out in Salome Arizona, only takes cash, and will not ship. If anyone is in that area, and would like to work something out for getting it to me, send me a PM.

20170806_173305.jpg

Last edited:
Well done nstevic01! You did a great job with your bike! It will hit the road soon...

Sorry but can't help you for your crossbow, I live in France...

Hey guys, I just wanna let you know that I immensely appreciate how you share all the build details.

I have a '94 Nighthawk that I wanted to convert. The first thing I bought was the correct XS650 tank. I got a good price on it, but the 'problem' is that it came off a custom bike. It had already been de-badged and sprayed gloss black. It's beautiful and I can't in good conscience strip the paint off.. looks like I'll be doing a shiny pre-apocalypse version then!

How does the bike run without the air box and the shorty exhaust? Did you need to retune the carbs? On all the cafe racer forums, people keep saying the Nighthawks really don't like pod filters.. I guess it's not a big concern for a TV or show bike, but it is for a daily runner!

The carbs need to a jet kit to run properly. Head over to carbjetkits.com, they have a handy calculator that takes your elevation, intake setup, and exhaust type into account when recommending the correct jets and spacers. Once they are in, and you sync the carbs, it runs beautifully.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally got them uploaded in 4k. Played around with a couple of different mounting points, the handlebar mount one probably sounds the worst, and Test Ride 4 sounds the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
The carbs need to a jet kit to run properly. Head over to carbjetkits.com, they have a handy calculator that takes your elevation, intake setup, and exhaust type into account when recommending the correct jets and spacers. Once they are in, and you sync the carbs, it runs beautifully.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks! Very useful site, takes the guesswork out completely. Your bike runs beautifully, and sounds great!

Those Classified Moto filters look fantastic. Too bad they're so expensive.. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back