Spider-Man Homecoming rubber parts

amazingspider

I think I may be on to something. I bought a can of "Leak Seal" from The Home Depot (similar to Plasti Dip or Flex seal) I was thinking about doing the black bits. I have a few ideas:
A) Just taping off the suit and spraying the rubber directly to the black parts.
B) Tracing the patterns of the black bits to wax paper or something, spraying the rubber onto the paper, and then gluing it to the suit (any recommendations for glue?)
C) Again, trace the exact shape of the black parts, but then (somehow) make a mold of them, that I then spray leak seal into, cut out and -again- adhere to the suit.

While I'm on the topic. I'm also thinking that it could make decent soles on the feet. And they offer Clear, so depending on how it reacts to the suit, I may spray some clear to parts of my palms to prevent the suit getting shredded any time I touch my hand to the ground for a pose.
Thought I'd share my ideas since I know a lot of us are making Homecoming suits!
Anybody tried anything like this?

I used plasti-dip once on the feet of one of my suits and it worked great. Your feet do get a bit sore though if you spend all day in costume ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back