New Roger Christian Interview

In regard to the grips, yes, because he said they took away the mystique and made it ordinary (and I agree on this matter) but as far as anybody knows, it may well have been a rivet or a screw, or both, as Christian implies because of the multiples he says were made.

Though a part of me does think he is just recalling things colloquially.

I use superglue gel it works a treat.

This is what I use and so far it holds well.
12-38-21-20140527124409WCFZWLZT6L7LW_full.jpg

I find that CA glue works well up until a point. It eventually loses its strength (much quicker if it's handled) and if the old residue isn't cleaned off before reapplying, it does build up chunkiness.

With my saber replicas, I've just forgone using CA with the grips and opt for epoxy instead.

So it sounds like the summary is a definitive yes on the chrome tape and a “very likely” to a screw instead of rivet on the bottom?

This is a good one. Gary Kurtz without a chinstrap beard tho!
The sandtrooper backpack radio found part also influenced the design of the DV chestplate!

Last edited:
I love how illusive roger is about the graflex when the interview asks “is that the one?!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he built that from a vintage and I remember seeing him mention he used Gino's tracks. I'm straining to see what he used to secure the d-ring holder to the pommel though... rivet or screw?

I think he built that from a vintage and I remember seeing him mention he used Gino's tracks. I'm straining to see what he used to secure the d-ring holder to the pommel though... rivet or screw?

Looks like a button cap bolt to me, no idea though

And when I say button cap, that’s what I call them. I don’t know their real name

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back