Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

My God that video is such a true reflection on what an incredibly funny woman she was! Thank you for sharing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to post more photos but I find it weirdly therapeutic. The first photo is of Carrie watching her mom on stage, I'd guess from around 1960. The second photo is from the mid-seventies...

View attachment 693987

View attachment 693988

View attachment 693989

thank you for sharing these pics so we can celebrate her life.

Man, I just can't get over this.
I didn't know her personally, I never met her, but as a kid who grew up in the '70s completely enamored with her this really hurts.
Every now and then I'll see a picture of her and it hits me that she's gone and it takes all my strength not to cry.
I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Man, I just can't get over this.
I didn't know her personally, I never met her, but as a kid who grew up in the '70s completely enamored with her this really hurts.
Every now and then I'll see a picture of her and it hits me that she's gone and it takes all my strength not to cry.
I'm not ready to say goodbye.

You know,....I can't bring myself to play any later Bowie,....especially Blackstar,...it's too much pain

I really hope that when it comes to watching Episode 8 I will have dealt with this,....I'm not great at saying goodbye,...I haven't watched anything with Carrie in it since she died

J

Wow - this shows Carrie and Debbie Reynolds just less than 2 years ago. So alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha,.....well I did suggest it

J
Son of a b-bi-b-bi-b-bi-b...gun! I sat through the entire first season of Stranger Things trying to figure out who Millie Bobby Brown reminded me of, and never made the connection. :facepalm Not only is there a facial resemblance, but Miss Brown even had the intensity in her performance that Ms. Fisher often displayed when playing Princess Leia. Providing Disney and Lucasfilm don't wait too long, she'd be perfect for a Leia Organa backstory movie.

Son of a b-bi-b-bi-b-bi-b...gun! I sat through the entire first season of Stranger Things trying to figure out who Millie Bobby Brown reminded me of, and never made the connection. :facepalm Not only is there a facial resemblance, but Miss Brown even had the intensity in her performance that Ms. Fisher often displayed when playing Princess Leia. Providing Disney and Lucasfilm don't wait too long, she'd be perfect for a Leia Organa backstory movie.
Intensity is the right word. I think it's the eyes... Fisher managed to add a lot of depth to what was limited dialogue in the OT (considering how major a character Leia was and how often she just had to stand there looking at the boys), and Brown emotes the whole spectrum with less than a dozen words the entire season of Stranger Things.

Intensity is the right word. I think it's the eyes... Fisher managed to add a lot of depth to what was limited dialogue in the OT (considering how major a character Leia was and how often she just had to stand there looking at the boys), and Brown emotes the whole spectrum with less than a dozen words the entire season of Stranger Things.

She would be great for the role! But she's quite young, only 12 years old if I do remember. SO unless the last star wars retraces most of her childhood... Carrie was quite small though, i think Millie will be a tall girl :p

I seriously need to see R1 one of these days :unsure

She would be great for the role! But she's quite young, only 12 years old if I do remember. SO unless the last star wars retraces most of her childhood... Carrie was quite small though, i think Millie will be a tall girl :p

Not to argue :p but according to Mr Google she is 1.47m, my mom at age 11: 1.78m :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back