eFX Reveals Stormtrooper Hero Legend Edition Helmet!

If it were me, this is what I would do:

Make an ABS pull of the Stormtrooper helmet.

Cut and assemble it exactly screen accurate.

Spray the inside with mold release and fill the inside of the helmet with resin and put it in a rotocast machine (with all the openings closed, obviously).

Rotocast the resin inside the helmet until the resin is dry and a little bigger then 1/16 thick.

Cut/remove the ABS helmet from the resin 'skeleton'.

Scan the resin skeleton and have it made in injection-molded plastic.

After the ABS parts are vac-pulled in the factory, use a template to cut/trim the parts exactly.

Each helmet is assembled by hand, but the injection-molded skeleton is used under all the vac ABS so the parts are assembled exactly the same every time.

You would get ABS vac-pulls on the outside, the strength of plastic (not resin) underneath, and less labor then trying to fiberglass inside an ABS helmet.

Also, use contact cement between the ABS and the inner skeleton so the ABS would be destroyed if you tried to seperate them.

Yes I am trying to make a decent fan sculpt, I was so looking forward to this,
What could still maybe happen......
snip-----------------------------------------

They are a bugger to build, I know exactly why Efx would find this difficult to mass produce.

This is a real BEAUTY!!! Congrats!!:cool

Hey GZ. Wow, haven't seen you post in quite some time!

In just a year or so, there have been all kinds of cool discoverys, projects, and even licensed pieces that are coming out or in the works...

First off, search for the eFx Boba helmet thread...

Not to mention the ANH stormtrooper armor!

The falcon cockpit thread is a necessary read as well! ;)

Welcome back!

Though I don't think this bump will bring any news, as Gino already stated in the other thread that we would have an update as soon as there was one...

The wait continues...

I leave for a few years then uber accurate stuff comes out!? SOB also bump

Last edited:
If it were me, this is what I would do:

Make an ABS pull of the Stormtrooper helmet.

Cut and assemble it exactly screen accurate.

Spray the inside with mold release and fill the inside of the helmet with resin and put it in a rotocast machine (with all the openings closed, obviously).

Rotocast the resin inside the helmet until the resin is dry and a little bigger then 1/16 thick.

Cut/remove the ABS helmet from the resin 'skeleton'.

Scan the resin skeleton and have it made in injection-molded plastic.

After the ABS parts are vac-pulled in the factory, use a template to cut/trim the parts exactly.

Each helmet is assembled by hand, but the injection-molded skeleton is used under all the vac ABS so the parts are assembled exactly the same every time.

You would get ABS vac-pulls on the outside, the strength of plastic (not resin) underneath, and less labor then trying to fiberglass inside an ABS helmet.

Also, use contact cement between the ABS and the inner skeleton so the ABS would be destroyed if you tried to seperate them.

Now that's some product engineering! Someone translate to Chinese so eFx can get a production line going for this helmet.

The extensive delay is suspicious, and we are left to only speculate what could be the reason(s). Perhaps the helmet could not be "productized" to ensure a) accuracy; b) consistency; and/or c) quality. I'm sure they don't want a repeat of the vader dome quality and rework issue. Or perhaps there is some overarching marketing reason for it not being made available. Who knows. But it's also suspicious that all mention of the legend hero helmet has been removed from the eFx web site.

Hey GZ. Wow, haven't seen you post in quite some time!

In just a year or so, there have been all kinds of cool discoverys, projects, and even licensed pieces that are coming out or in the works...

First off, search for the eFx Boba helmet thread...

Not to mention the ANH stormtrooper armor!

The falcon cockpit thread is a necessary read as well! ;)

Welcome back!

Though I don't think this bump will bring any news, as Gino already stated in the other thread that we would have an update as soon as there was one...

The wait continues...

Old Ken it has been a dragons age hasn't it!

I've snooped around once in a blue moon the hacking of the site kept me away for a while. I have see the amazing stuff coming to light surprising. I used to think this was an expensive hobby till I got into motorcycle racing.:lol

Hi guys, sorry if I seem clueless but I've been searching for answers regarding the release of this helmet & also the life size. Any info would be great as would definitely be grabbing one of these.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back