Blade Runner 2049 Joi's Emenator

Good luck! I wasnt able to get the scale right AND have it large enough for electronics, but im also very primitive with my 3D design and have been hoping someone better skilled would do something better. Are you remixing mine or starting from scratch?

I am building the whole thing from scratch using reference like MikeHILL design's concept art and the movie of course. I just broke my 3D printer today and could not make any test prints :cry. While I wait for the parts for my printer to arrive, I will keep working on the design. I was thinking of making a custom light for the Iris of Joi's emenator. I have a couple of cold white 0805 SMD LED. Small but very powerful. I might also need to cut the top of the upper casing and make it into a cap in order to be able to install the electronics. I will keep you guys updated on my progress. I love the greeting card idea. I would love to play the jingle when powering the device.

The jingle is really cool IMO. I was eating at a Chinese restaurant with my sister yesterday, and one of the songs started with the exact same melody. I immediately perked up and had to explain why.

I can't wait to own one of these...There are two versions on Etsy, but wanted to see what our masters of design could produce here on the RPF!

Any ideas on what kind of railing they used here for the back?

rails2.PNG

Fun little prop. Perfect for 3d printing Ive released what i have so far on Thingiverse (Lots of tuning to do). Bought these little sling shot helicopter things
for my kids and they have the perfect coin cell pack, led and push button switch for this thing. Ill let ya know how it works out.

I think the slide is like these 3016 × 1158 - hepcomotion.com . Some kind of linear slide like on a CNC.

A quick mock up with a metal linear rail.View attachment 786261View attachment 786262

Very nice! I am having the worst of time on this middle part hahah So little reference sure make the whole process the hardest. I'm currently working on a functional slide system. I have some carbon fiber infused filament that I will probably use to make the slide extra strong, since I can't seem to find the exact slide used.

Is yours functional?

Very nice! I am having the worst of time on this middle part hahah So little reference sure make the whole process the hardest. I'm currently working on a functional slide system. I have some carbon fiber infused filament that I will probably use to make the slide extra strong, since I can't seem to find the exact slide used.

Is yours functional?

It’s been hard identifying the parts in that always dimmed area of the emanator lol.

Yes, the emanator slide will be functional. I built the one I put on Thingiverse, and it works great, there’s just no way to get rid of that plastic sound when you slide it open and closed — no matter how much you sand!

These linear rails I’ve found match up really good except the number of exposed holes when the slide is open. I’m thinks no it’s just brand specific or added for looks.

I’m going through this with a fine tooth comb before I drop $100 on a micro rail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back