Game of Thrones

I've been wondering this for a while, working under the assumption that he's legitimate. Dany's kind of shifted around between taking the throne because it's hers by right and wanting to make the world a better place. When she learns the throne is no longer hers by right it will be very telling if she bends the knee to Jon or is insistent on herself being better for the realm.

Assuming that she doesn't elect to co-rule with him as King and Queen there's enough proof presented to enough people to show him as the Mad King's legal heir by rite of succession I still get the vibe she won't bend the knee. The scared girl at the beginning of the show would, but she's long since bought into her own hype with the fifty titles appended to her name and is on a crusade to break the wheel. Doesn't sound like the type to just shrug and accept that Jon's claim is better and go live out her days at Dragonstone.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not. He gave up all legal claim to his family and titles when he joined the Night's Watch. If he can die (thus being released from that oath) and come back like Jon did they maybe he's Lord Tarly.

Jon being Jon, he may forfeit his position as king of Westeros and simply decide to remain warden of the North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd point out that right now, any claim Jon has to the throne is based solely on Bran's word, which most folks wouldn't accept, unless he starts publicly disclosing other things that he'd have no way of knowing, and convincing the nobles and maesters that way..

I'd point out that right now, any claim Jon has to the throne is based solely on Bran's word, which most folks wouldn't accept, unless he starts publicly disclosing other things that he'd have no way of knowing, and convincing the nobles and maesters that way..

I think the book Gilly was reading from last night is a pretty good indication that there is documented proof from a maester of Jon's true parentage. Its just a matter of people putting the info together.

Gilly's got the book. she's bringing it to the Wall. somebody will figure it out.

-=====-

Jon will "bend the knee" when he asks her to marry him. (before they "figure it out").

I'm gonna go ahead and make a prediction that Arya's line from the preview, "Are you afraid?" is directed to Littlefinger right before she goes all stabby stabby on him. At least I hope so. I really, really want that to happen so bad.

Actually I think it might have be directed at Sansa, probably as she confronts her with the letter she found.

Looking at the message, it was indeed the one Sansa wrote about Ned being a traitor to the crown. I don't think Arya would kill her, but she probably is making Sansa very uncomfortable, thus that comment

The question is whether Little Finger can plant enough seeds of distrust among the two

Actually I think it might have be directed at Sansa, probably as she confronts her with the letter she found.

Looking at the message, it was indeed the one Sansa wrote about Ned being a traitor to the crown. I don't think Arya would kill her, but she probably is making Sansa very uncomfortable, thus that comment

The question is whether Little Finger can plant enough seeds of distrust among the two

I think thats misdirection on the show's part. They've done that a few times now. Arya and Sansa will put it together what LF is trying to do. Sansa will explain that she was coerced by Cersei to sign that letter and Arya, not being the type to fly into a blind rage and becoming murderous will listen to reason. Then, if she doesnt kill LF outright, she'll run him out of Winterfell and the knights of the Vale will no longer be under his control.

littlefinger wants to show that letter to the other Lords he was whispering with in the courtyard,
to make the Lords of the north all turn on The Starks.

as lord of the vale, he'll want to be named warden of the north.

Aarya and Sansa will figure out what littlefinger is trying to do,..
...then Aarya will kill him with that dagger.

(Aarya has already suggested to Sansa they should take some heads, in order to secure their army -- when sansa said, these lords might take their men and leave, Aarya said "not if they lose their heads first" -- she'll kill littlefinger and the knights of the vale will be loyal to sansa)

I used to enjoy Littlefinger's machinations, but he's gotten really tiresome now. I'm ready for him to meet his demise.

Also, how about that torching of the Tarlys? That just felt...abrupt. Like the Dornish plot, it struck me that they just never had the time to develop these characters effectively, so when they finally die, not only do I not care, but I find myself wondering why we spent any time with them at all. It's particularly noticeable in contrast to how things have played out with Bronn.

Do you guys think Cersei is really pregnant, or is this just a ploy to reel Jaime back in.

I like the Suicide Squad at the end. Next week looks awesome.

I think it's just her scheming with Qyburn.

Loved how it was seven guys like the seven gods even though these guys believe in the old gods, the lord of light, etc.

Looks like Jon's legit.

Looks like we are closer to 100% confirmed. Plus the dragon sniffing him and accepting him.

In an episode full of huge WTF moments, that casual bomb dropping about Rhaegar and Lyanna was insane. The bet now is, will anyone in the story ever find out? I would seriously LMAO if the entire series finished and none but the audience ever knew the truth.

I'm most worried about Arya and Sansa right now. Does Arya know she's being played? Doesn't look like it. Will she and Sansa be able to put 2 and 2 together before ending up at each other's throats? I hope so.

We have to find out about Jon. If that was for the fans I don't know that they would have went so far as to talk about the annulment and marriage. That makes him true born.

I think the sisters will figure it out. They made it too obvious. Showing the sisters still not liking each other, showing LF playing Arya, etc. They show us one thing, and then go a different direction.

Drogon smelled lawful heir to the Iron Throne on him.

My bold prediction: Drogon is going to rescue Jon when he's surrounded by the dead. He's going to sense trouble, fly in on his own, and break him out.

Gilly's got the book. she's bringing it to the Wall. somebody will figure it out.

Agreed. They made a show of Sam giving the book to the baby. I'm sure she grabbed it when she grabbed their child.

littlefinger wants to show that letter to the other Lords he was whispering with in the courtyard,
to make the Lords of the north all turn on The Starks.

If he wanted to show it to the lords of the vale, why not just do it. Why hide it for Arya to find. He wanted it in her hands.

Also, how about that torching of the Tarlys? That just felt...abrupt. Like the Dornish plot, it struck me that they just never had the time to develop these characters effectively, so when they finally die, not only do I not care, but I find myself wondering why we spent any time with them at all. It's particularly noticeable in contrast to how things have played out with Bronn.

Totally agree. Dickon (hahahahaha) saved Jamie in the battle, but it could have been anyone. The only plot point they served was to not accept Gilly forcing her to the Citadel with Sam. This allowed her to find the book I suppose.

The worm holes were really apparent this episode. So Jamie almost drowns, and walks to Kings Landing while evading a dragon and a Dothraki horde, but the army of the dead, an army that doesn't need to stop to eat or sleep, STILL hasn't made it from Hardhome to the wall. And we know they can run, so they're not slow.

And I think this could setup Cleganebowl. They will capture a wight, meet on neutral turf, and the Cleganes will go at it.

Last edited:
  • Jon is indeed trueborn, but he's not the closest heir. Dany, as his aunt, and a daughter of the mad king, is the rightful heir. Jon is first in line behind her.

• Cersei's really pregnant. Qyburn asks her if he can give her anything right before he leaves, which I think is a reference to her condition -- an herbal tea, milk of the poppy, a purgative of some sort...

• I think some characters are there merely to act upon other characters -- the Tarleys being a case in point. They turn on the Tyrells, destroying that house, and they demonstrate Dany's resolve by turning into kindling. Remember, "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die." Some have to play and lose along the way, and if you don't set them up as characters, their deaths have little or no dramatic impact. And it'll certainly have an impact on Sam when he finds out...

• Boy, was I wrong about the letter from Sansa! Or was I...?

• Jon is indeed trueborn, but he's not the closest heir. Dany, as his aunt, and a daughter of the mad king, is the rightful heir. Jon is first in line behind her.

• Cersei's really pregnant. Qyburn asks her if he can give her anything right before he leaves, which I think is a reference to her condition -- an herbal tea, milk of the poppy, a purgative of some sort...

• I think some characters are there merely to act upon other characters -- the Tarleys being a case in point. They turn on the Tyrells, destroying that house, and they demonstrate Dany's resolve by turning into kindling. Remember, "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die." Some have to play and lose along the way, and if you don't set them up as characters, their deaths have little or no dramatic impact. And it'll certainly have an impact on Sam when he finds out...

• Boy, was I wrong about the letter from Sansa! Or was I...?
Jon is first in line (Before Dany) because he's the rightful male heir to the Mad King's rightful heir. Dany is thirdborn only to the mad king. Direct succession of male heirs dictates that it's Jon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

my guess: Jon will ask her to marry him, before they figure it out.
part of the deal will be : Jon advocates all right to the throne, and becomes her "prince phillip" (so to speak) -- her royal "consort".

meanwhile, Gilly's got the book, she's bringing it to the wall.
by the time anyone reads it, the deed will be done -- it's the ultimate Luke/Leia moment. :lol LOL

The worm holes were really apparent this episode. So Jamie almost drowns, and walks to Kings Landing while evading a dragon and a Dothraki horde, but the army of the dead, an army that doesn't need to stop to eat or sleep, STILL hasn't made it from Hardhome to the wall. And we know they can run, so they're not slow.

I think the Night's king is just biding time and growing his army until he is ready. He needs some way to bring down the wall. They've lived for thousands of years so a few weeks is nothing to wait around for them.

It could be they are searching for the Horn of Winter (aka Horn of Joramun) and just gathering the dead as they go

fe49476332bb4833c6b3b99fe4955bc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not quite as bad as you make it, bad but not that bad. If you look closer at the scene where Bronn is dragging Jaime out of the water you can see smoke behind them (presumably from the barbecued Lannisters) and no bodies or wrecked carts in front of them, this suggests to me that somehow Bronn dragged an armored Jaime from one side of the lake clear to the other. Also, don't forget that where Jaime was ambushed at seemed to be relatively close to King's Landing, probably a day to two on foot would be my guess, close enough for the gold wagons to reach King's Landing before Jamie and his troops and get word back that they made it ok. This suggests that King's Landing isn't that far off, since it would be kind or risky to send off an unguarded or lightly guarded wagon train full of gold that far ahead of your main forces, although, granted, that far south they're probably well inside friendly territory.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back