Hasselhoff confirms Knight Rider returns

The thing that caught my ear was that James Gunn may have an informal hand in this because of his childhood love for the show. I think that pretty much assures that Kitt will be some form of American muscle (likely a ZL-1, what else?) which is a good thing. (Gunn loves muscle cars).
I was afraid they were going to make Kitt a Tesla or something.

Well it was positive he said that fans did not want all the previous attempts, they want him and they want KITT of course.
The voice actor is still around but is 90, so not sure how his voice will hold up today but if it's decent we can have KITT as we knew him back too,
the car can change as long as it's the voice, but hell the classic black bird would still work. If not then there are Camaro conversions
into what a Firebird probably would have looked like today.
It would take balls to not also cast a young actor to share the starring role, and even more so to not make that character female these days.
80s had some guy centric shows like this and the A-Team or the Duke boys for example. I personally don't want them to betray that by "updating".

...The voice actor is still around but is 90, so not sure how his voice will hold up today...
William Daniels (his voice, that is) was on an episode of Fast N' Loud in late 2014 when they built a phony-baloney KITT replica car. If you were familiar with his voice you might recognize it, but neither his voice nor his pronunciation are as sharp as they were 30+years ago.

Wow...new trend for T.V. Land: get old shows to come back:rolleyes Will & Grace, Rosanne and now Knight Rider. Wait! How about a Seinfeld return, or Cheers?:behave

They would have to mod the current camaro so much it would be unrecognizable. All the T/A firebird kits I have seen look pretty gross. Time to switch to Ford ?

2017-Ford-GT-front-three-quarter-01.jpg

Ford GT would be wrong. I love the car but Kitt should look "streetable" IMO.
ZL-1 is the only choice.

If you want a show for the Ford GT then remake Hardcastle and McCormick ... or Automan.

They switched to Ford that that not-so-great Knight Rider series a few years back.

Show had potential, but the problem was they went too high tech for KITT.

I can see a car that has hidden devices like spoilers, jet boosts, etc, but a car that is literally able to transform from a Mustang to a pickup truck? Yeah, that firmly snapped my suspension of disbelief.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back