Game of Thrones

Cousin, nephew, it doesn't matter. Given the Targaryen propensity towards incestual relationships, it's very possible that Jon is Dany's nephew, cousin, uncle, brother, and grandfather all rolled into one.

Seriously, at this point the Targaryen family tree probably looks like a wreath made of Gordian Knots. I'm surprised there aren't a tribe of Hillbilly Targaryens who talk about how people have "purty mouths."

I think so, too. Littlefinger gave the dagger to Bran for a reason - to try and stir up chaos. What he didn't foresee this time was that Bran can and has probably already seen what will come to pass already. Bran then giving the dagger to Arya was not some random gift. He knows she'll use it. He already knew about her list. This is basically a case of Chekov's Gun. You don't introduce a loaded gun into the story if its not going to go off.

Littlefinger's best course of action would be pitting Arya against Sansa. In fact, it might be why Sansa did not look please that Arya was able to "defeat" Brienne. Especially if he can convince Arya that Sansa has somehow been "tainted" by Cersei as far as having the Starks best interest in mind. For example, how she does not agree with Jon on things

Littlefinger's best course of action would be pitting Arya against Sansa. In fact, it might be why Sansa did not look please that Arya was able to "defeat" Brienne. Especially if he can convince Arya that Sansa has somehow been "tainted" by Cersei as far as having the Starks best interest in mind. For example, how she does not agree with Jon on things

Its safe to say thats where things are heading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering how much both sisters hate LF, that plan would be a real uphill climb. Especially with Bran knowing everything.

Unless Littlefinger reminds Arya that Sansa went and blabbed to Cersei about Ned's plans because she wanted to be queen and marry Joffery

She also wrote that letter to Robb and Catelyn saying that Ned was a betrayer to the crown

Maybe that is why he had that odd look when they mentioned Maester Luwin saving everything? If he could find a copy of that letter...

Water under the bridge. Far too long ago to make a difference now, and nowhere near enough to overcome both sisters' distrust of LF. Arya probably wouldn't believe it even if he told her. And the traitor letter was written under duress, dictated by Cersei, so it's not worth the paper it was written on.

Water under the bridge. Far too long ago to make a difference now, and nowhere near enough to overcome both sisters' distrust of LF. Arya probably wouldn't believe it even if he told her. And the traitor letter was written under duress, dictated by Cersei, so it's not worth the paper it was written on.

Theres also Bran...he sees all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering how much both sisters hate LF, that plan would be a real uphill climb. Especially with Bran knowing everything.

Exactly, neither Arya or Sansa like or trust Littlefinger enough for him to realistically be able to put a wedge between the two. But then again, we have seen characters in the past do stupid things out of pride and/or arrogance or just acting from emotion and not reasoning or logic, of course, this has mainly been Cersie and Dany on occasion but Jaime hasn't exactly been immune to this nor had Stannis and Littlefinger is a master manipulator. If this does happen it will more than likely be from Arya because, in my opinion, she's the more emotional and hot headed of the two and thus more likely to fall for LF's machinations.

Talking about Arya. Doing a training battle with Brienne showed how much better fighter she is today. She got the best of Brienne a couple times even on the counter to a draw. So knowing how this show works with given a closer look at people skills before they do battle. Who on the opposite side is good enough to go toe to toe with Arya? I can only think of two people in a sense.

1. The zombie mountain. He doesn't have speed and you can't beat him on muscle nor just cuts n stabs now. Her speed might be what is needed to bring him down as OB did ( just don't f around this time) But I think he is going down vs The hound. Bro battle round 3!

2. Bronn the man who has speed, a master with a sword...yet only wants gold. I can't see her fighting him. Bronn will be on the dragon / Jon team with the Lannister bros.

3. The hound? Hmm nah, he might be on her list. But he has changed and she thinks she left him for dead anyway. Plus those two make a great team

4. Starbucks hipster pirate uncle. Yeah maybe, but money on no dick or sister ( if alive) doing it. might be Grey worm since they are at the same castle right now.

no one else I know has the skills to take her on...any thoughts?

Hound's not on her list anymore. That's why she left him for dead and didn't finish him. She'd already taken him off the list.
Damn, I want those two to cross paths again...
I also totally didn't squee like a schoolgirl when Bran gave Arya a Valyrian Steel dagger.
How many Valyrian steel weapons are currently accounted for? 5? And now Arya has one, setting her up to be a MAJOR player in the war with the White Walkers.

edit: If I get a shot of her riding Nymeria into battle with Cat's Paw between her teeth like Princess Mononoke, I will explode with glee and die.

Last edited:
Maybe that is why he had that odd look when they mentioned Maester Luwin saving everything? If he could find a copy of that letter...

Uh, oh. The official reader of reactions and facial expressions will be be pleased with this statement.

Theres also Bran...he sees all.

I love how one brother knows all, and the other knows nothing.

1. The zombie mountain. He doesn't have speed and you can't beat him on muscle nor just cuts n stabs now. Her speed might be what is needed to bring him down as OB did ( just don't f around this time) But I think he is going down vs The hound. Bro battle round 3!

I don't see how Clegane Bowl can happen with only 9 episodes left. The Mountain will not leave Cersei's side, and I really don't see her leaving the Red Keep. And the Hound is headed north.

How many Valyrian steel weapons are currently accounted for? 5? And now Arya has one, setting her up to be a MAJOR player in the war with the White Walkers.

The Starks have two. Sam has one. Brienne has one. And Jaime has one. Is that it?

Valyrian steel weapons that I can think of:

Longclaw (Jon Snow)
Cat's paw dagger (Arya)
Heartsbane (Samwell)
Oathkeeper (Brienne of Tarth)
Widow's Wail (jaime Lannister)

There are more in the books, but these are the only ones identified in the show. Maybe if\when Gendry comes back, he'll have learned how to forge Valyrian steel. Though, I think, that would be just a bit too convenient.

Valyrian steel weapons that I can think of:

Longclaw (Jon Snow)
Cat's paw dagger (Arya)
Heartsbane (Samwell)
Oathkeeper (Brienne of Tarth)
Widow's Wail (jaime Lannister)

There are more in the books, but these are the only ones identified in the show. Maybe if\when Gendry comes back, he'll have learned how to forge Valyrian steel. Though, I think, that would be just a bit too convenient.
Yeah -- I'm expecting that knowledge to be in the moldy scrolls Sam is copying.

Though if the Golden Company does show up, its possible that they have the Targaryen family sword, Blackfyre. I kind of doubt it, though. If they do bring in the Golden Company, it doesn't look as if they are going to include their backstory of being founded by a Targaryen ******* who wielded the sword of Aegon I.

Yeah -- I'm expecting that knowledge to be in the moldy scrolls Sam is copying.

I wouldn't count on that. I'd expect other information to be revealed, though.

Though if the Golden Company does show up, its possible that they have the Targaryen family sword, Blackfyre. I kind of doubt it, though. If they do bring in the Golden Company, it doesn't look as if they are going to include their backstory of being founded by a Targaryen ******* who wielded the sword of Aegon I.

The Golden Company's backstory is a level of detail and intrigue that, while awesome, is something that I just don't think the show will deal with. The Blackfyre rebellions and Aegon the Unworthy and his ******* children is something that could occupy literally another entire TV series, lasting 8 full seasons easily.

I don't see how Clegane Bowl can happen with only 9 episodes left. The Mountain will not leave Cersei's side, and I really don't see her leaving the Red Keep. And the Hound is headed north.

how fast everyone is moving this season. They both could be waking up to a bowl fruit loops together and fight that night. But a dragon or someone with a lot of speed is gonna have to drop him. Could be grey worm with the spear. Mountain could pee is armor by being attack by a skinny dude with a spear again. Idk, I just want some epic sweet battles between guys.

Talking about Arya. Doing a training battle with Brienne showed how much better fighter she is today. She got the best of Brienne a couple times even on the counter to a draw. So knowing how this show works with given a closer look at people skills before they do battle. Who on the opposite side is good enough to go toe to toe with Arya? I can only think of two people in a sense.

Kinda, sort of. She got a few touches in with the edge of her blade which is too slender to be an effective cutter, in fact, the blade on the actual prop is triangular meaning that it's designed purely for thrusting like a modern fencing foil or epee. In that light, her few touches would have done nothing to even an unarmored opponent, don't mention someone wearing armor like Brienne was. So while Arya did get a few cuts in on Brienne with a pure thrusting sword that doesn't necessarily mean that she's really that good since she needs to stab her opponents in order to anything more than just annoy them and there's nothing to show whether or not she's good enough to go for the weak points in armor where Needle's thin blade has a chance against armored opponents like the Mountain and the Hound.

I think that Bronn or Euron would be the best able to take on Arya and win, esp. Bronn being a seasoned and crafty fighter. Euron is good but we don't know how good since we haven't seen him go up against anybody that we know to be a really good fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ My left brain LOVED that fight. My right brain was like "yah, right..."
Knowing a 4oz epee would crumble under the attack of a 4lb long sword didn't diminish my enjoyment of the meeting of two absolute badasses.
...much...
I still dug it. I'm willing to suspend disbelief for the sake of the story.
Unlike my nephew, who, when I showed him the Battle of the Bastards, simply could not enjoy it even a little bit because the fighting wasn't historically accurate :rolleyes.
All he did was complain, throughout the entire battle.
That's the last time I try to turn him on to anything.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back