Game of Thrones

Ahhhhhhhh. That makes sense. LF seemed to react to him saying it.

No he didn't. He just glanced at him casually.

;)

As a matter of fact, Little Finger started the whole storyline for GoT.

And he will be the last one standing. He's going to murder Bran.

NCiJVH.gif

The Wook

I think so, too. Littlefinger gave the dagger to Bran for a reason - to try and stir up chaos. What he didn't foresee this time was that Bran can and has probably already seen what will come to pass already. Bran then giving the dagger to Arya was not some random gift. He knows she'll use it. He already knew about her list. This is basically a case of Chekov's Gun. You don't introduce a loaded gun into the story if its not going to go off.

Honestly, I hope not. That just seems to cutesy and happily-ever-after. This is Game of Thrones. Although, if they did decide to do some sort of marriage of convenience type thing, I'd fully expect it to backfire in some way and when they finally end up falling in love, something tragic will happen. I don't expect both of them to survive this story. Reminds me of a quote from the late, great Ramsay Snow\Bolton:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think the only solution to the conflict between Dany and Jon over bending the knee is a royal wedding?

Probably.
I just think John wants her to prove herself to a certain degree.
It reminds me of Superman II when zod asked the president to kneel.

"You are not the president...no one could lead so many could kneel so quickly".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the topic of knee bending, what Dany needs to do in this situation is swallow her damned pride and realize that the need for allies is far greater than the need for subjects. She should just ally herself with Jon Snow and deal with the present situation, then let the petty politics work themselves out AFTER both Cersei and the White Walker threat have been dealt with.

Right now, the only thing that is holding the North together is Jon being the King in the North. The second he bends the knee, that alliance will likely dissolve, leaving no way for the North to defend against the Night King or against Cersei's forces.

At this stage, it's going to be a matter of "Stand Together or Die Alone."

Honestly, I hope not. That just seems to cutesy and happily-ever-after. This is Game of Thrones. Although, if they did decide to do some sort of marriage of convenience type thing, I'd fully expect it to backfire in some way and when they finally end up falling in love, something tragic will happen. I don't expect both of them to survive this story. Reminds me of a quote from the late, great Ramsay Snow\Bolton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4_Fefew78
I see your point, but I was thinking more about politics and less about the ending, happy or not. It seems like a good way of resolving a political impasse.

I wonder if Dany will be pissed when she finds out who Jon is.

Wouldnt Jon technically be the king ?

Typically lines of succession would leave her in charge, as she is the oldest living child of the King. Jon is her cousin, and illegitimate at that. The only way he could have a claim to the throne of Westeros would be through legitimization by the ruling monarch or through conquest. Jon has no interest in any place other than The North, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Cersei won't legitimize him.

I see your point, but I was thinking more about politics and less about the ending, happy or not. It seems like a good way of resolving a political impasse.

Yes, politically, it could help bring an end to the "bend the knee, no you bend the knee" stalemate they've come to. I still kind of hope it doesn't happen like that, though. I'd much rather see a straight up alliance like she had with Yara, though with a better outcome, of course.

Typically lines of succession would leave her in charge, as she is the oldest living child of the King. Jon is her cousin, and illegitimate at that. The only way he could have a claim to the throne of Westeros would be through legitimization by the ruling monarch or through conquest. Jon has no interest in any place other than The North, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Cersei won't legitimize him.

Exactly. In order for Jon to be the legitimate heir to the throne, Rhaegar would've had to had put his first wife aside and married Lyanna. Even if that did happen, where's the proof? Typically in cases like this, the books have shown that the High Septon or some other high ranking official (like a king) would have to be the one to set the first marriage aside. It doesn't seem Rhaegar would've been able to get this sort of thing done, in the middle of the rebellion and in secret.

So, even when Jon's true parentage comes out, he'll just be another Targaryen basatrd. In Westerosi history, there's been quite a few. This could also be perceived as a potential threat to Dany's claim, though. Unless Jon truly shows no interest and retires into the North after bending the knee, he could always be perceived as a threat to her reign.

No he didn't. He just glanced at him casually.

The Wook

I know you really want what I say about LF to not be true, but you're crazy. He's reacted both times. That dude is a fantastic actor and coveys a ton on information in very subtle expressions.

I think so, too. Littlefinger gave the dagger to Bran for a reason - to try and stir up chaos. What he didn't foresee this time was that Bran can and has probably already seen what will come to pass already. Bran then giving the dagger to Arya was not some random gift. He knows she'll use it. He already knew about her list. This is basically a case of Chekov's Gun. You don't introduce a loaded gun into the story if its not going to go off.

Exactly. That dagger will have as big a part to play as many of the characters in the show.

Anyone else think the only solution to the conflict between Dany and Jon over bending the knee is a royal wedding?

Yes, a wedding solves both their problems. The seven kingdoms are united for the most part for Dany, and the north does not submit to a southern queen, but a king from the north.

Honestly, I hope not. That just seems to cutesy and happily-ever-after. This is Game of Thrones. Although, if they did decide to do some sort of marriage of convenience type thing, I'd fully expect it to backfire in some way and when they finally end up falling in love, something tragic will happen.

Agreed. Tragedy will befall one of them before the story is over.

On the topic of knee bending, what Dany needs to do in this situation is swallow her damned pride and realize that the need for allies is far greater than the need for subjects. She should just ally herself with Jon Snow and deal with the present situation, then let the petty politics work themselves out AFTER both Cersei and the White Walker threat have been dealt with.

She was ready to concede to iron islands to the greyjoys, so giving Jon the north should not be that big of a stretch.

Typically lines of succession would leave her in charge, as she is the oldest living child of the King. Jon is her cousin, and illegitimate at that.

If the theory is correct, which has not been conclusively proven in the show, Jon would be her nephew. He's the son of her brother.

I thought Jon was her nephew?

Is there another way to be legitimized?

If Jon's father WAS Rhaegar, then wouldn't that make Daenerys Jon's aunt? (Rhaegar was Dany's brother)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back