STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

"The Martian" won a Golden Globe for Best Comedy.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

2 different awards shows. One has a history of nominating movies\tv shows in strange categories just to get stars at their show (The Golden Globes), the other doesn't.

Posted by David on Friday:

No matter how dark the world around you, there's a lightness and a joy when you are with someone who understands you, who truly knows you. Kanan and Hera's strength is that they lift each other up. Everyone was young once, and maybe this is how it went, for a time. It was fun to imagine them in an earlier time, before they carried all the burdens they do now, heading into Season Four. Happy Friday.
IMG_0690.PNG

IMG_0690.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Hera gets a new costume this year. Would really love to see her in general uniform. I was never a fan of her jumpsuit... her jumpsuit and zebs suit always made me think that it was a rush job or they never cared

I love both characters, but wish they got more attention :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Facebook post from Dave...

Happy Friday everyone. Since you seem to enjoy these drawings I've been doing, here is another tale left untold, 'til now that is. If you ever wondered if Kanan and Ahsoka knew each other, or had met while they were younglings at the Jedi Temple, the answer is YES. They had met, though they did not know each other well, they had at least done some saber training together. Years later when she met Kanan, Ahsoka needed to see how prepared he was for the conflict ahead. Here is a small piece of that scene, and perhaps a realization that in many ways Ahsoka was a mentor to Kanan.
AHSOKA: Even at a young age you were gifted with a lightsaber. But without training and discipline, those skills fade.
KANAN: So it seems.
(Kanan gets up again, he is a bit dispirited.)
KANAN (CONT’D): I haven’t had to fight with my lightsaber very often. For a while, I chose not to. I was...
(Kanan struggles with the moment. Ahsoka helps).
AHSOKA: You were afraid to use it. I understand.
(Kanan appreciates her words.)
KANAN: I’ve been teaching Ezra as best I can. I want him to be the Jedi I’m not, that I couldn’t be.

AHSOKA: And I want you to be the Jedi that you are.

20247945_10155438816870053_4253307642126229683_o.jpg

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/official-trooper-return-jedi-captain-rex/

It’s Official – This Trooper From ‘Return Of The Jedi’ Is Captain Rex

During the premiere screening of the season finale of Star Wars Rebels Season 2, Dave Filoni joked how Captain Rex could be the gray-bearded Rebel trooper seen in Return of the Jedi as the rebel team attempts to knock out the shield generator on Endor. Some people took Dave’s comments as Dave being Dave – others immediately filed away his comments as official canon and were overjoyed hearing Rex would survive the events that unfolded during the animated series.

So which is it – fact or just playful banter by Dave?

The question has been answered via this tweet from Rebels writer Steve Melching showing us a look at the Season 4 character model that has been designed for Captain Rex to mimic the look of Endor’s gray-bearded trooper!

The premiere date for Season 4 has yet to be announced by Lucasfilm, but when it does, you know fans will be eagerly waiting for Rex’s appearance in this familiar rebel gear.

rex-trooper-rotj.jpg

Very cool! My nephew freaked the heck out the other week when Pablo seemed to confirm this. Rex is his favorite TCW/Rebels character. Even as old as he is, he is still probably faster, a better shot, etc. than an average human.

Or maybe not... :(

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/captain-rex-may-not-endor-rebel-trooper/

Captain Rex May Not Be The Endor Rebel Trooper After All[/h]By
Justin LaSalata-

August 6, 2017, 11:43 AM, BST

captain-rex-rebels-696x467.jpg

From Steven Melching’s earlier tweet (which has since been deleted), we were led to believe that Captain Rex and the gray-bearded rebel trooper seen on Endor were one in the same. Turns out that is not necessarily the case as Melching took to Twitter to clarify his original tweet which contained a Star Wars Rebels Season 4 character model rendering of Rex (see below) wearing the same helmet as the Endor troopers and a similar type of outfit.
rex-trooper-rotj.jpg

Will Rex eventually be officially announced as that gray-bearded Endor rebel trooper? We shall see. Given what has already been stated/inferred about the possible connection between the two characters, my bet is we’re already far enough down the road to make that conclusion.

the way filoni revealed this on the celebration panel i think confirmed it was him. didnt even pablo confirm it was rex?! i now pablo said Hera is also fighting with rex on endor

the way filoni revealed this on the celebration panel i think confirmed it was him. didnt even pablo confirm it was rex?! i now pablo said Hera is also fighting with rex on endor

I feel it's pretty much true as well. I just don't think we can say anything is "official" yet.

On a personal note. Ever since Return of the Jedi cam out, I always thought that trooper looked like the GI Joe character, Rock n Roll

263656-77648-rock--roll.jpg

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/08/12/star-wars-rebels-starkiller-the-force-unleashed/

Starkiller Almost Appeared In Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars has no shortage of iconic characters from its library of video games over the years, but few of them have showed up in the movies or on TV shows. But one popular Force user almost appeared in Star Wars Rebels, according to the voice actor.

Sam Witwer, who portrayed Darth Maul in The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, said during his Twitch stream that Starkiller from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed nearly appeared in an episode of the latest animated series.

Witwer was playing the game alongside fellow voice actor David Collins when he revealed the inclusion was considered by Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni.

“Dave did share with me, by the way, he considered making Starkiller an Inquisitor in Star Wars Rebels,” Witwer said. “It didn’t quite fit the story that they were telling, but he did think about it because he thought that would be interesting.”

Starkiller, born Galen Marek, was Darth Vader’s secret apprentice in The Force Unleashed and its sequel. The player controls the character in both games. The first title consists of Starkiller hunting the remaining Jedi in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, honing his skills and training to eventually take on the Emperor himself so that he and Vader could rule the galaxy together.

The Inquisitors, in Star Wars Rebels, are Force-sensitve, lightsaber-wielding assassins who hunt Jedi survivors.

While it’s unlikely that all of the events of Star Wars: The Force Unleashedwould be made canon, the fact that Filoni considered including a fan-favorite character from the video games indicates that Lucasfilm wants to incorporate the beloved elements that many fans believed were discarded when Disney purchased the company.

While the Inquisitors have taken a back seat on Rebels to Grand Admiral Thrawn (another popular character from the books that hadn’t been featured on TV until his appearance), it’s not too late to see the character appear in an episode of the series before it ends.

Star Wars Rebels Season 4 will return to Disney XD later this year.

This animated entry in the "Star Wars" franchise fills the gap between the events of "Episode III" and "Episode IV." Imperial forces occupy a remote planet and are ruling -- and ruining -- its inhabitants' lives with an iron fist. A clever, disparate crew aboard the starship Ghost takes a stand against the Empire, facing new villains and colorful adversaries. The rebels on the Ghost include leader Kanan, ace pilot Hera, feisty heroine Sabine, tough guy Zeb and 14-year-old con artist Ezra.

That's very interesting! I wouldn't be surprised if this new "thing" Filoni is working on includes these now famous Star Wars voice actors

I don't think this will be the last we see of witwer and crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-w...eveals-new-insight-on-obi-wans-tatooine-exile

Interesting info on the Obi Wan Tatooine episode. I like the idea he has that Obi Wan has become the "ultimate Jedi" because he has lost everything and given up everything to protecting Luke. I never thought about it like that. He's kind of brought the Jedi back to what they should have been.
If they're planning to use this as part of the Kenobi stand-alone movie, it could be interesting if they do it right. Maybe the guilt he feels about allowing Anakin to become Vader (i.e., not seeing the warning signs) plays a part as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back