Miniflex / Microflex build thread - miniature graflex!

Title

A while ago I came across a very recently posted and fairly priced 2-cell Graflex bottom on eBay, which also happened to be in Norway (woo!). I decided to buy it with a "long term goal" to build a "miniflex" with a clamp and a slave unit.

unnamed3.jpg

But I guess that was my lucky day, because someone appeared on facebook selling 14 (FOURTEEN!) slave units 2 hours later! Should have 2 of them arriving next week :) Will use the guts from the second one in my Graflex Shop replica once it arrives.

unnamed2.jpg
Here's a picture I was sent before he shipped them out. One of the ones he had for sale was slightly larger than the rest, so I grabbed that one! The smaller one has older style brass pins, but he was nice enough to throw in 4 newer style pins he had laying around as well.

The next morning I ordered a bubblestrip from WannaWanga and a clamp from Roman :)

Today I (kind of sloppily) cut up my leftover 2.0 grips, but this isn't something I feel needs to be all perfect and smooth
unnamed4.jpg

Now I wait for the rest to arrive!

I've never done of these threads before, apologies if I did something wrong. It's a pretty simple project, but I couldn't find anyone else doing these on here. Would love to see pictures if any of you have ever made a miniflex before!

If you don't know what a miniflex looks like, here's a picture I grabbed from google:
unnamed.jpg

Cheers!

Love it. I've wanted one of these for a while.

Where is this Facebook post with slaves for sale, and does the guy have any left?

Love it. I've wanted one of these for a while.

Where is this Facebook post with slaves for sale, and does the guy have any left?

In Graflex Addicts Support Group and Lightsaber Exchange - Sell ,Trade, or Barter Light Sabers :) Should be easy to find in Lightsaber Exchange. He was selling them for $150 each, not sure if he still has any left, but he probably does.

Slaves arrived!

I don't know which one I want to gut for my Graflex Shop replica... (One is slightly taller) I might not have the guts to do either one...

IMG_3863.JPG

Well. Tracking says my Roman's Clamp was delivered today - but it wasn't.

Some kids have been messing with our mail box lately, so I'm worried they might have taken it. Will check it out with the post office in the morning.

I was looking at doing this build myself, but I have a question. How did you get the slave unit attached to the 2 cell bottom? How does the whole thing stay together?

I was looking at doing this build myself, but I have a question. How did you get the slave unit attached to the 2 cell bottom? How does the whole thing stay together?

It rests on top of the inner tabs in the clamp, and the clamp holds it pretty tightly when closed :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back