Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

That's pretty much it. There are a few color photos, but all are too far away to make much of. It's one of those lost props.

so then I can do what I want! my favorite!

No . . . I'm sorry ... only you, SethS, are obliged to get as close as you can get with your future OB1 kit, weathered and all to the original screen-used lightsaber handled by the late Sir Alec Guinness, as seen in those black and white pictures ... so much so, that when you take a picture of yours and transfer it into black and white, there is absolutely no distinction between the 2, savey? Here's the picture in question :

OB1%20Chronicles%20vs%20Tunesia_zps6uqdjkmd.jpg

Now that's a real challenge for you!

:lol

Chaim

No . . . I'm sorry ... only you, SethS, are obliged to get as close as you can get with your future OB1 kit, weathered and all to the original screen-used lightsaber handled by the late Sir Alec Guinness, as seen in those black and white pictures ... so much so, that when you take a picture of yours and transfer it into black and white, there is absolutely no distinction between the 2, savey? Here's the picture in question :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/OB1 Chronicles vs Tunesia_zps6uqdjkmd.jpg

Now that's a real challenge for you!

:lol

Chaim

Chaim, to your knowledge is the top photo a different prop? The grenade looks so much different, much more weathered down. The photo is much more grainy than the bottom two but even given that, it seems like a different part.

Indeed ... it's a picture of the Tunesian OB1 set-up and it's a blow-up out of this picture taken on set :

Alec%20Guinness%20as%20OB1_zps7av7kvn9.jpg

to me ... it's still a mystery how many OB1 props were made for ANH ... it's possible there were 2 :wacko

So here's a picture of the OB1 ANH challenge I've set up for SethS to accomplish :

SWLightsaber01.jpg

:)

Chaim

Last edited:
Thanks Chaim for the great info. Thanks Chris for the pic.

l'm realizing I now have a dilemma on my vintage parts build: My grenade is very weathered which I like and fits the Tunisia saber look. My booster however, is pristine, completely new looking. They just don't match. Don't think I'll ever find another booster that's weathered so I'll probbaly have to live with it looking a bit off as I'd never tear up the booster to match the grenade.

image.jpeg

No . . . I'm sorry ... only you, SethS, are obliged to get as close as you can get with your future OB1 kit, weathered and all to the original screen-used lightsaber handled by the late Sir Alec Guinness, as seen in those black and white pictures ... so much so, that when you take a picture of yours and transfer it into black and white, there is absolutely no distinction between the 2, savey?

Chaim

IT'S ON-- I'm even going to stipple on halftone dots to emulate the fact it's a blown up image...

If you zoom in on this picture of the Tunisia saber, you get a good idea of the coloring.

Thanks for this! this is probably the best it gets for color. Looking at the white of R2, the color balance is pretty closer here. My main question was just how copper/brass was the windvane area. It's generally recreated as such, but I never really saw it on screen, and I was wondering if the color assumption came more from the shared stunt sabers.

You can see it here--but it's definitely subtle...

The cool thing about Romans Obi-Wan is, right out of the box it's amazingly! Put it together, be happy. Here's mine with his new GRAFLEX clamp.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

But the really kick ass thing about Romans Obi-Wan, is how customizable it is! You can even weather it up more, which I'm very slowly in the process of doing, if you wanted. If you find real parts, put 'em on. You put it together, & the way it's made, you almost can't hurt it. I'm still working on the aging & wearing of the clamp. But once I get it to how I like it, I'll put real transistors & calc bubbles on. I'd like to ding up the grenade a bit... but I'm a little chicken right now.
I love this thing! & SethS, if you haven't ordered one yet, you're gonna love it too.

Just hand it over to friends and relatives, especially young ones, every time they are over ... and you'll have that booster naturally used and weathered looking in no time :lol

Chaim

I know my little cousins, niece, & friends kids light up when I tell them I don't mind if they hold it. They're so used to being told "don't touch" to so many things, that when I hang this lightsaber on their belt or put it in their hands, they're stunned. & everyone of them, without being asked, handle & take care of it like it's a fragile & priceless artifact. Aaaand then they ask how to turn it on :lol

Last edited:
You guys are better than me. Aside from TFA, the biggest reason I got back into saber-ing was that I needed to get my kid his own cause I couldn't handle him running around with my Graflex.

And then they're all disappointed when it they hear it can't be turned on and they think you're kind of weird.

In which case I always pretend that it's temporarily malfunctioning or rather low in power since my last practise battle and probably in need of a level 3 diagnostic to figure out what's wrong . . . meanwhile I hand them my MR Vader with removable blade which does have sound and lights FX . . . whilest I slowly make it out the room with the malfunctioning lightsaber :facepalm

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back