Rubies BVS Grapple Gun

Got mine in! First step: drill a hole in the grip end and fill it with resin!

28676893604_232785d011_c.jpg

Had anyone tried the aquaman hooks yet?

Here's what it looks like with the Aquaman hooks.

29220796771_d26ffcef78_c.jpg

As an aside, there is also an Unmasked Batman figure that comes with a hook that has a short length of cable attached:
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/BvS-Unmasked-Batman-003.jpg

I drilled a hole into the business end to hold a hook but after finding some more reference it needs to be a bit larger so the hook can be inserted further. Same with the clips that hold extra hooks -- wasn't sure where they should be holding the hook but this photo indicates it should be a little further up, so they'll get bored out a little more as well. I think the Mattel hooks might be 10-20% too short but they are close enough for me.

3gg.jpg

And finally here are a couple of super high resolution shots from Collider that are good as a painting/weathering guide:

batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-3.jpg

batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-4.jpg

Attachments

• 3gg.jpg
    3gg.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 608
  • batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-3.jpg
    batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 747
  • batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-4.jpg
    batman-vs-superman-grapple-gun-4.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:
These are showing up in Michigan at Walmart for $7.97. Walmart.com might tell you if your local store has them in stock. For the price, I am very happy with it.

The hooks really sell it, don't they? Here's mine so far, just waiting for the hooks to arrive.IMG_20160818_150421049.jpg

Yup, seen them at Walmart here in Sacramento also for the same price. Wish I would have waited to buy mine. I paid about double the price.

It only cost a dollar?!?! who cares what the quality is like. Just kidding.

I just ordered mine on eBay and I hope to have it in a week or so. Can't wait to read through and see what you did with yours.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back