S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent/Hawkeye inspired

flyaway

While my other build is on a break (time and budget constraints) I thought I'd work on an "easier" costume... not only in build difficulty but in wearability!

Decided to work on a SHIELD costume based off Hawkeye's gear during the start of Avengers:

Since the gear exists in the real world it will keep my work costs down (even with tweaking things for a girl body shape) and most of it can be cycled through my regular wardrobe rather then just for cons. Also will be more comfortable then my corset/chainmail costume in Australia's occasionally gross weather!

Thanks to RPF I've already got everything identified, the jacket was first up:

It's the Blackhawk Warrior Operations Jacket in Black. I need to shorten the sleeve a bit but other then that it's a good fit.

The pants are Black Crye G3 tactical pants, due to cost and concerns over the fit I decided to skip them and got replica knee pads:

Next up is the vest which is a Blackhawk ITS HPFU V2 vest. Very hard to get over here or find places shipping over here so that will take a little bit of searching.

Black t-shirt is easy and for boots I'll start out with a pair of fashion combat boots just because they look cool and will probably upgrade them at a later date.

Unsure how accurate I'll go with the whole holster set up.

Still looking for SHIELD patches to go on the jacket, most of the ones I find look very badly made so if anyone here is making them or recommends someone that would be brilliant.

Current deadline is for a friend's birthday party in late January

Looks like you're off to a good start! I was able to find the patch, I'll see if I can locate the vendor for you. If you chose to go the route of the first photo, the gloves are Hatch fingerless rappelling gloves. The second photo, the archery glove was completely fabricated for the film as was the quiver. But we still have no lead on the boots.
I'll be updating the Hawkeye threads this week with a few more tidbits I've found and also a pattern for folks to create their own glove seen in the second photo.

Thanks :) Hadn't found any reference to the gloves so that's handy!
I look forward to the Hawkeye updates, those threads have given me almost all the help I have needed so far.

Amongst all the holiday related craziness I found a Blackhawk ITS HPFU V2 vest in the colour and size I needed so I snapped that up. Will need to tweak it for a better fit and remove the Velcro patches. Since it's not an exact replica of Hawkeye's gear I won't do anything to alter the collar.

Since I finally got around to picking up a bow and start archery I figured some of my extras for that should be Hawkeye appropriate so I found the correct Helicarrier assault armguard and a friend is looking for the pattern for the glove :D

Next up will be pants to go with my knee pads, the belt and the S.H.E.I.L.D. patch (or is it patches?) for the jacket.

If you look at some asian airsoft websites you should be able to find replica Crye G3 Combat Pants there. I tried ehobbyasia but only came up with multi-cam ones.

Thanks bikemancs, I found the kneepads like that but never thought to look for the whole pants. I'll have a dig around.

Very cool... being able to wear the costume without causing issues came to mind when I was at NYCC. Saw some amazing stuff but damn if they didn't have an issue jut getting around. I always thought it would be cool for a SHIELD ERT group of people at at con.

Very cool... being able to wear the costume without causing issues came to mind when I was at NYCC. Saw some amazing stuff but damn if they didn't have an issue jut getting around. I always thought it would be cool for a SHIELD ERT group of people at at con.

My other costume is Sonja from Underworld. I love it but at the end of the day you really feel the wig, corset and chainmail. Not fun in an Australian summer! Massive credit to the big costume builders, but I don't think I could survive anything more complex then what I've already done. I'm an easy costume girl I reckon.

It's also easier to justify the cost of something when you can use it for more then convention day. My jacket from this costume has already seen a fair bit of wear and I'm hoping the other components will as well.

Still struggling to find a nice patch, most of the ones on ebay and such seem to look odd? Might just be bad images but if anyone can recommend a place. Happy to pay for nice ones since I do love the jacket.

You might want to check with either bobatrek or Kevin Gossett here as they both produce SHIELD items and might be able to make something that fits what you are looking for.

I have a few nice SHIELD patches, mostly random ones picked up from ebay.

If you're wanting an embroidered patch, I can help you out! However I believe the patches on the uniforms should be rubber. Check with Graphic Jordan or aeryn as I believe they both produced patches at one point

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the Idea of doing a "easy to move around Con costume" I've been toying around for what to do for NYCC & Wizard World Philly, this coming year. I'll have my son with me so & he's going as Arrow. So I'm going to start work on a "what if" ... hint issue #57

Yes! I do have silicone patches - both the black and gray SHIELD and the more texturized solid black hawk eye. I've got them up in my etsy store right now and was going to make a stock-batch this weekend.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GathGwynDesigns

You are brilliant! Thanks! :) I'll pass that on to a few friends as well, we're trying to put together a SHIELD group so we've all been patch hunting.
And now I just have to wait to be paid, the joy of costuming on a budget! Found the right belt as well on ebay so hopefully it doesn't vanish before then.

Any word on what his string hand glove is? I never noticed how different that was until now, I'd love to have one for the outfit I'm working on.

I'm trying to do something along the lines of Fraction/modern comic Hawkeye, but I'll likely use bits inspired by the Helicarrier outfit as well. For the pants, I found a cheaper version from a different brand: EMERSON Gen2 style Tactical Pants ( Black ) - Army Panda Gear Store
My only concern here is those pockets on the thighs getting wrinkled and sticking up, but that's solvable. They look well enough like the Crye Precision to fool people at a fraction of the cost.

I just can't figure out what to do for the top, but I don't wanna hijack the thread. Keep us posted on what you find!

Any word on what his string hand glove is? I never noticed how different that was until now, I'd love to have one for the outfit I'm working on.

I'm trying to do something along the lines of Fraction/modern comic Hawkeye, but I'll likely use bits inspired by the Helicarrier outfit as well. For the pants, I found a cheaper version from a different brand: EMERSON Gen2 style Tactical Pants ( Black ) - Army Panda Gear Store
My only concern here is those pockets on the thighs getting wrinkled and sticking up, but that's solvable. They look well enough like the Crye Precision to fool people at a fraction of the cost.

I just can't figure out what to do for the top, but I don't wanna hijack the thread. Keep us posted on what you find!

Hijack away! There's also a good thread somewhere around here that I got most of my details from, there's one for his Battle of New York gear as well.

The helicarrier glove is a custom build so you won't find it off the shelf. There's a few patterns doing the rounds though so if you have the skills to put one together (or know someone who does) then you'll get something accurate.

I've also gone for cheaper pants but they haven't arrived yet so can't comment on their quality. They aren't 100% screen accurate but I figure mine is Hawkeye inspired so doesn't have to be perfect.

Flyaway, so how is your Shield group coming along?
Hope to see the results of your work.

I almost have all the components now, just have to wait for everything to be posted out.

Then I've got to stick the patches on the jacket and alter the vest and I'm ready to go (minus weaponry, still trying to decide a few things on that front.)

The group's coming together well, there's me in my Hawkeye-ish gear, two others are planning to do the whole agent in a suit thing and we have an Agents of SHIELD inspired scientist. Our con deadline is mid April.

Well, my primary target is somewhere between this:
avxhawkeye1.jpg, this Hawkeye_1_CoverVariantGranov.jpg and this: hawkeye-fraction-aja-hollingsworth-2.jpg

The pants, shoulder straps, quiver, I can figure all that out. I have plans going already. I have no idea what to do for the shirt. It should be more than a t-shirt, but less than what Renner wears in NYC. In some issues, I see it drawn to look like it's thicker with a zipper running down the middle and a low collar at the neck. My searches in finding a real life counterpart haven't been successful.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back