accurate ewok build

How cute. Great job!!!
:$ thanks
that is great , you could have a market here making full sized ones. Where did you find the fur ?
GREAT job on those!! :thumbsup Looks like another project on the boards for me. Same question though; where did you get the fur?
Thank you both! The fur was donated by our XO(SCG) I believe a garment district is the kind of place to get this type of fur. I have to find some time to check out what is available in LA, I plan to due this again and better!
OK, you're awesome, I suck. That was really, really cool.
suck?:confused Thanks for the compliment, though!
Great proportions. I like how this build is going.
:thumbsup Thanks
very nice! what references are you using?
I had a hard time finding good shots when doing this build, I have since come across more references. Here is the link to what I was able to find
and used them for this build. Ewoks varied greatly, upclose and background have different eye styles and hands among other differences.

http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ewok reference pics/

Needed to find a way to make the hands and feet from found objects, so I ended up searching all over for adult size hands that resembled Ewok fingers.
I found some monster hands and cut off the extra fingers and used them as toes, 3rd toe sculpted w/ oven baked clay.
The fingers have been cut down and sewn onto the hand and fur sewn onto the fingers and hand. I then mixed a similiar tone and valued hue to cover the manufactured paint job. Fingernails are painted w/ slight detail and coated w/ fingernail polish.
ewok41-1.jpg

ewok44-1.jpg

ewok45-1.jpg

ewok42-1.jpg

finished hands
ewok72.jpg

ewok73.jpg

later, feet......

Those are the same monster hands I used on my daughter's Ewok build! Crazy! I just painted the nails black so they didn't look bloody..hahaha

You can sort of see them in this pic:

16748_1263797348552_1038284388_1451289_1302638_n.jpg

Great job so far!
Thank you, I admire your handy work!:cool
WOW! my gf would loooove that! I can't wait to show her theese pics, this is awesome!
:) great! Hope she enjoys the finished pics
Ieee chee wowa! Really great build, top drawer stuff!
:cool Thank you!
Those are the same monster hands I used on my daughter's Ewok build! Crazy! I just painted the nails black so they didn't look bloody..hahaha

You can sort of see them in this pic:

16748_1263797348552_1038284388_1451289_1302638_n.jpg

What can i say, great minds think alike! Those are some big ewoks, nice job:cool What did you use for lenses? I like your fur, as well.

For the feet I purchased some $15 high tops at Ross and applied the toes and fur with shoe goop( purchased at Wal-Mart ). The finger extras were cut and backed with some foam. Tried a lot of different adhesives, shoe goop was the one that really bonded all the materials well. I would call it E-6000 on roids.BTW the fingertips on the hands have small blocks of foam in them to give the correct shape and help with fact that my daughter, who is 5, has really small fingers. I glued around the bottoms of the shoes and left the lace area and opening loose to allow actual lace up.
The pics
ewok69.jpg

fabric rolled back, see laces
ewok75.jpg

Test fitting
ewok55.jpg

ewok56.jpg

Up next, spear and lenses....

Looks awesome so far! Where did you get the bubble lenses for the eyes at? I am working on a robot helmet and think they would work well with it. Thanks for any help.

What can i say, great minds think alike! Those are some big ewoks, nice job:cool What did you use for lenses? I like your fur, as well.

Well, I can't take the credit for the hands as my friend Keith (who's son is in the Teebo costume that he built) found them. I worked them up though for my daughter's. For the lenses I just used some sunglasses that I found that she had that didn't fit her anymore. Yeah, the fur was fantastic...super realistic looking in person. We found it on Ebay of all places.

Oh my you so rock. so when your kids are not wearing them do you plan on having them greet your guests at the door. I am sure the mail man would do a double take. too awesome.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back