1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

Thanks Guns! The show is in November so I've got a little time. I'd like to have the PG Falcon finished to replace the heavy mod MPC that's in there, but I don't know if I have enough time for that. We'll see. The MPC isn't a slouch really, just rather have the PG in there. :)
Good luck, hope you come back with Best of Show! :thumbsup

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised at the amount of additional lighting that appears to be required for this now that I've fitted the ceiling panel. I had intended to do the ceiling lights anyway and was just working out what to LED's to use and mocked up a fixture last night, I figure I need 9. I also discovered the other day that I'll also need to do the yellowish sort of deal above the center Xwing. The briefing area is way too dark, so it's all or nothing.:lol
Very impressive job! The lighting really make it pop.

hl1.jpeghl2.jpeghl3.jpeghl4.jpeghl5.jpeghl6.jpeghl7.jpeghl8.jpeghl9.jpeghl10.jpeghl11.jpeghl13.jpegWorked on the ceiling lights over the holiday weekend, hours of tedious work but I think I'm pretty clode to the mark on this. I had considered getting so cheap necklace chain at Walmart, but I don't want these things swinging around, so we'll deviate and make it appear as galvanized conduit that the lights are suspended from. I may shoot the rod with aluminizer and polish them, but I have to try it with a test piece and see if I like how that looks. The yellowish do-dad over the Xwing I ting turned out well. still have to dirty it with some pastel black and I took some leftover wire and shot it a dirty white/gray to dangle out of the fixture, but I think it needs to be a bit "whiter", to run down to the Xwing. I also made a couple of small loops with the black wire as it appears in a still image I was going off of.

View attachment 840882View attachment 840883View attachment 840884View attachment 840885View attachment 840886View attachment 840887View attachment 840888View attachment 840889View attachment 840890View attachment 840891View attachment 840892View attachment 840893Worked on the ceiling lights over the holiday weekend, hours of tedious work but I think I'm pretty clode to the mark on this. I had considered getting so cheap necklace chain at Walmart, but I don't want these things swinging around, so we'll deviate and make it appear as galvanized conduit that the lights are suspended from. I may shoot the rod with aluminizer and polish them, but I have to try it with a test piece and see if I like how that looks. The yellowish do-dad over the Xwing I ting turned out well. still have to dirty it with some pastel black and I took some leftover wire and shot it a dirty white/gray to dangle out of the fixture, but I think it needs to be a bit "whiter", to run down to the Xwing. I also made a couple of small loops with the black wire as it appears in a still image I was going off of.

Outstanding as usual brother!

hothlite1.jpeghothlite2.jpeghothlite3.jpegok, not too much progress last night, but some. I finished up the last 3 light fixtures and shot them, wires and all with more Corax black. Now the resistors on the tops just appear to be weird greeblies. Shot the last of the whit on the Xwing cables that dangle from the yellow guy. I did some spacing estimates and marked the panel with pencil that can be erased later. These will not hang as low and as close to the alcoves and there's a reason. I did a few tests and in order to maximize light distribution this is the best placement for them. Doubtful anyone one will know the difference...except us :lol

echofinish1.jpegechofinish2.jpegechofinish3.jpegechofinish4.jpegechofinish5.jpegechofinish6.jpegechofinish7.jpegechofinish8.jpegechofinish9.jpegechofinish10.jpegechofinish11.jpegechofinish12.jpegechofinish13.jpegwell, essentially the base is finished just a few things here and there. Need to build a face panel for the box, but no huge thing. It all seems to run fine off of a 9V, but eventually I'll hook up a wall adapter after this show I'm going to take it to in November. Now it's on the final component...the PG Falcon. That in and of itself will probably take right up until November. I was going to start another thread for that, but I'm just going to continue with this one as it is part of this overall project.

echofinish1.jpeg

echofinish2.jpeg

echofinish3.jpeg

echofinish4.jpeg

echofinish5.jpeg

echofinish6.jpeg

echofinish7.jpeg

echofinish8.jpeg

echofinish9.jpeg

echofinish10.jpeg

echofinish11.jpeg

echofinish12.jpeg

echofinish13.jpeg

Truly remarkable accomplishment my friend :p...., Congratulations! , it’s a simply stunning example of your incredible skills and dedication to a wonderfully inspiring build !

:cheersGed

Many thanks Ged! :thumbsup would not have been possible without the help of all my great friends here! Cheers to all of you that kept after me not to slop through anything and suggested things I hadn't thought of. Thanks fellas! (y)cheers
Truly remarkable accomplishment my friend :p...., Congratulations! , it’s a simply stunning example of your incredible skills and dedication to a wonderfully inspiring build !

:cheersGed

Thanks Michael! I don't know if it's that good, but I appreciate it:thumbsup. I was trying to emulate that really good 1/48 scale dio that someone did. I guess I got as close as I could given the limitations of the scale...and my abilities :lol
You almost can't tell the difference between the screenshots and your pics. Looking really awesome.

hey thanks man! it was a labor of love. my favorite SW movie and the parts I liked. it's roughly 27 inch deep and 36 wide. with the falcon in there it's pretty heavy. roof has to come off to get the falcon in and out. I've pretty much got everything either glued with lazerbond (so I can pop it loose if I need to) or I put locator pins on the bottom and drilled holes in the floor, for the pins. Since my soon to be ex will be leaving soon, so will here SUV. So for the show I'll have to rent or borrow something from work. It ain't gonna travel in the back of my pick up which is a rough ride anyway, nor fit in the trunk of my car. I figure I'll take a plastic shop cart from work along to roll it around. Gonna be a chore but I think (hope) it'll be a winner.
Yep awesome work !!

Don't envy you transporting it to the show ! How big is the whole box actually. Very hard to estimate looking at the pics.

- - - Updated - - -

add to that, I still need to at least build a sort of fascia around the front to clean it up a bit...makes it all the more heavy. the side don't matter because it resides in a built-in shelf in the wall.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back