ABC Warrior - Pep files available

Hey Venom looking good man! Just a quick observation that pic of the Hammerstein head that you are comparing against is not terribly accurate. I reckon you should check out the hi res pic posted by Art Andrews of the screen used prop in the reference thread they are MEAN!! :)
cheers
Oota

Thanks!) That was just pic for some background u know =)
Just finished with paperwork. Not perfect - i feel a lot of sanding in nearest future)))
I think i must start building post.
Blaxmyth THANK YOU!
h-74.jpg

h-74.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while... Not sure if the download links for these pep files are still valid, so here are the files in Dropbox.

They're unlocked, so you can extract the obj file and redo/improve them if you want.

UPDATE:

I've redone the pep file by changing most of the quads into tris. Also I deepened the eye sockets to help with inserting eyes, LEDs or whatever.

I wasn't happy with the quads that were causing distortions during the build. A couple of years ago when I modelled the file I didn't realise that triangles are best for pep work - triangles are always flat, while quads can often be curved - this results in stress in the build, tabs coming unglued, etc. Apologies to anyone this has caused problems for. I've also scaled it up by about 5%.

The files are unlocked as usual. Happy pepping.

New files -

A4:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/puixawv711b4bw4/ABC Robot - Blaxmyth - version 2 - A4.pdo?dl=0

Letter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3y2ls84c683vx7/ABC Robot - Blaxmyth - version 2 - Letter.pdo?dl=0

ABC Robot version 2 - April 2018.png

Last edited:
As per previous post, I've put links to an upgraded pep file in both A4 and Letter. The head will be 5% larger and should be an easier and more accurate build.

Hey Oot!

It's finished the pep stage - just in a queue of 10 finished peps waiting on fibreglassing, then it gets to join the ten or twelve partly completed ones in the shed...

I made it quite a bit larger than the real deal as you can see by the trooper peps beside it. It seems to be more aggressive and intimidating at the larger scale.

Getting my dream metal lathe in November, and one of the projects is turning some telescoping rods for the neck brace. Can't wait... :D

IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1024.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back