Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Don't like them. At least the black and gold ones still looked like a MAG that NIKE might release. If there was 1510 pairs released, that leaves 1507 real pair as this is the 3rd 'custom.

Anyone willing to do a conversion, for a good price, if I supply everything??

They have been sitting on my work bench for like 4 months now. Still haven't worn them outside!

looking for some of the black nike logo stickers printouts for Mag strap mod...PM me if you have any

also what site sell the best nike mags any site sell a v3

I don't think we will see a V3. Since NIKE knows about these now, I think they will be cracking down more. I hope they make a V3 though.

I don't think we will see a V3. Since NIKE knows about these now, I think they will be cracking down more. I hope they make a V3 though.

Patents don't seem to apply to the Chinese. A patent is really only as good as the legal team (and the money you have) to defend it. The Chinese will make something, then if confronted with a C&D, shut up shop and re-open under a different name. They also like to play the "don't speak English" card as well when it suits them. I don't think I've heard of any western company taking a Chinese one to court and actually winning. Besides, if you break it down, they have changed about 10% of the original design anyway. The only thing they didn't do was actually improve on the design (unless the hook and loop on the collar is an improvement?) which would probably get them off the hook anyway. The fact they use NIKE and the SWOOSH is the only things really linking them to NIKE and the RD MAG.

if someone is good with custom circuits, they could probably make a small setup so that a tiny rechargeable battery can be used.

as of now, i think the only rechargeable setup is a 3.7v with lithium battery or 9v with cable going to buckle (like taff83) and a few others.

If you look back, cloneprops was right. Its not the voltage that matters with these, its basically the mah of the battery.

9v is not necessary to power these leds and EL lights.

I'm running 3v setups on my pairs, and i can use 2 x 1.2v rechargeable nimh aaa batteries (2.4v in total) to power my entire setup or go with standard 2 x 1.5v alkaline aaa batteries.

Yes, you have to remove the batteries every time under the sole inserts, but its not that big of a problem, and the aaa nimh batteries are 1000mah so they last much longer than 9v rechargeable batteries.

I also tested a few non rechargeable coin cells of 3v with just under 500mah and 1000mah, and they too light up the entire setup, including leds and el panels no problem. The only problem is that there are not many coin cells with high mah which are also rechargeable. I think the biggest I found was 500mah, which is still decent.

The reason i'm looking at rechargeable coin cells now is that they would take much less space and could be put behind the white ankle buckle with some modifications (or maybe a custom cast buckle). Add in a charging pin and it would be much better in terms of wiring.

As of now, there is a lot of wiring under the feet!

The only reason that the Chinese haven't made an accurate mag copy is that they didn't have an original shoe to dismantle.

Then again the factory that has made these knockoffs has done a poor job considering the equipment they have and the countless reference pictures of the shoes from virtually all angles.

The fact they didn't even know what an el panel is was laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got air Jordan replicas that are 99% identical to my authentic ones so it's definitely true they have the equipment to make accurate copies.

You never know they may surprise us with an improved version.

The only reason that the Chinese haven't made an accurate mag copy is that they didn't have an original shoe to dismantle.
I agree 100%
Then again the factory that has made these knockoffs has done a poor job considering the equipment they have and the countless reference pictures of the shoes from virtually all angles.
Thats why they dont do professional shoe design

The fact they didn't even know what an el panel is was laughable.
Well they DO live in shacks and warehouses according to youtube videos I've seen.
- - - Updated - - -

I've got air Jordan replicas that are 99% identical to my authentic ones so it's definitely true they have the equipment to make accurate copies.
The opportunity for their creation is there but the talent to do so seems to be lacking when it comes to mags
You never know they may surprise us with an improved version.
Hopefully

Idk if anyone here remembers me but i used to be a frequent mag conversationer and i am coming back to the project. I was wondering has anyone made a new blue tinted sole for these yet? I know cavx had something he was working on a while back.
Thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back