Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter V3

fantastic castings, its great seeing this come together so quickly. Just curious how you pour the resin for the canopy mold, its such a thin part but how you set it up seemed to have really worked well.

I'd be interested how you cast this without a pressure pot, too I have big problems with such parts.

Julien, I'm terribly impressed by your casting! Care to share both parts of the mold? I can't see how you get no bubbles stuck all around the canopy!

Also, what is the resin?

Very nice work!!! :thumbsup

Thanks guys.

Julien, Nice pictures!

BTW, will you be leaving out the cockpit's back wall?

Mike.

I will probably add a backwall !

Chapeau ! This is a build for the ages. You probably covered this earlier, but will be you using vintage Koolshade for the solar panels?

Yes I'm going to use vintage Koolshade, I will build 2 ANH TIEs, one will be the damaged wing one . :)

I'm attempting to build mine as a ANH TIE, well mostly. Since I posted those pictures in my build thread I extended the wingstars to the edge of the H-Beams. Maybe the pictures posted so far are making it look like a TESB/ROTJ TIE.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back