Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

As you can see the mistake I made on the first vocoder wire

old one
IMG_0247.JPG

The new one. The blobs on the strands are much closer to the top also the small strands after the blobs are thinner than the first
IMG_0334.JPG

They can also be cut down and used as the cover piece on the brow linkages
IMG_0335.JPGIMG_0337.JPG

NIIIIICE!!!!
We should be looking at round hose, that´s been flattened during the build IMHO

I think the investigations also included hairdryers, vacuum cleaners and -like already mentioned- car parts.

Bromance in the making ... tsss, tsss :lol

So how many partial vocoder parts are used on top of those other brow pieces?

Chaïm
Just one part, when cut into 2 you should have 6 strands on each brow cover and there are13 strands on 1 full vocoder piece, one brow cover has only 5 strands as 1 has been cut off
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.PNG

Are you offering them for sale yet?
looks amazing
thanks for your kind words Mick, they do look good, lots of time and effort went into the making of these and I'm now happy with end result, if anybody wants one of theses they can buy one and if they want to utilise one for the brow cover they can purchase 2, I've ordered more for the kits so this first batch can be sold individually for those who do don't want to purchase other parts in the kit and it will also add funds back into my build account
£7.50 each + p+p
kroenen77 has already purchased 2 of the first ones I did and placed them on his vocoder and they fit a dream, this second set is more accurate and I will be sending him another pair free to replace the last set
if any body wants some just let me know

Ben

Looks nice...how big and thick are this "LTRS" parts?

After 6 attempts on these I finally got this size by scaling them from Paris expo photos as you can see
IMG_0353.JPGIMG_0351.JPGIMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0352.jpg
i wanted them 1.2mm but the etchers said because of the width of the legs/stems/gaps they could only do 1mm for the etching process
the other brow linkages with the holes and the top crown linkage will also be cut in 1mm and be sold as 3 per set as they are all the same size just different legs and spacing
thanks for asking Mark

Ben

Could you lay aside any of the freshly made set parts from your first satisfied batch of each part you create and which I still need, Ben? . . . So as they say of books ... they are like 'First Edition Print' ... thanks . . . hm perhaps an Interest thread in the Junkyard with a picture of all your parts with numbers so we can pick and choose as you go along? :)

Chaïm

Could you lay aside any of the freshly made set parts from your first satisfied batch of each part you create and which I still need, Ben? . . . So as they say of books ... they are like 'First Edition Print' ... thanks . . . hm perhaps an Interest thread in the Junkyard with a picture of all your parts with numbers so we can pick and choose as you go along? :)

Chaïm
What parts are you needing Chaim ? send me a list
I will do an interest thread when I've more confirmed parts, the time it will take to finalise some of these parts might take some time and I don't want people to get impatient and put me under pressure to make them, so at the moment the readers of this thread get first dibs on what is ready at the time also I'm not exactly sure how many pieces I'm going to make (as many as possible I hope ( the bengrim09 kit ) he he I'm in no rush I'm still waiting on Sskunkys CFO mask

After 6 attempts on these I finally got this size by scaling them from Paris expo photos as you can see
View attachment 725168View attachment 725166View attachment 725165
View attachment 725167
i wanted them 1.2mm but the etchers said because of the width of the legs/stems/gaps they could only do 1mm for the etching process
the other brow linkages with the holes and the top crown linkage will also be cut in 1mm and be sold as 3 per set as they are all the same size just different legs and spacing
thanks for asking Mark

Ben

That's awesome work Ben, they're looking great!

For my own prop I scaled these forehead parts, (as well as the '1-4' linkages and the clusters of layered up little bits on the sides right at the back) all at 1mm thick anyway. I'm not at all suggesting I'm right but I don't think 0.2mm would make much of a difference so I don't think you've had to compromise too much, they look terrific :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back