Iron Man Mark 46 WIP (Foam) First-ish Build

AcroAnomaly

Hey everybody,

I have been a member of this community for over a year now and I feel it is time to share what I have been doing myself.
This is my first foam build and I feel that I haven’t done too bad of a job so let me know what you all think.
All that is left to finish is painting the arms. Boots and knee plates are finished now.

Constructive criticism is taken with joy!
BA824A0E-A290-48EF-9632-4C2F8917C2BE.jpeg6E588BB6-7C6E-4903-B8B5-0D4CCD1805B3.jpegF0E1B6F9-3794-495D-A4B1-431B3592E055.jpeg

Also some pictures before painting
7B2D3121-B416-494D-897C-3EAA24F7D477.jpeg632007D4-2E9A-45E7-86D2-3BC25C64D666.jpg3D9EF31E-745D-4954-8BF4-24E442B828F5.jpg5EED59EA-7397-47D9-A852-F2A36D180CF4.jpeg

Edit: Don’t know why images posted the way they did. Whoops.
Hope you all enjoy!

rather than criticism, I have a gazillion questions!!

1. Is it all 8 mm and 10 mm EVA?
2. How did you make the patterns?
3. Do you use straps or a harness to support the suit to the body? (like thighs and biceps)
4. How do you cut the foam so perfectly? do you use a machine?

rather than criticism, I have a gazillion questions!!

1. Is it all 8 mm and 10 mm EVA?
2. How did you make the patterns?
3. Do you use straps or a harness to support the suit to the body? (like thighs and biceps)
4. How do you cut the foam so perfectly? do you use a machine?

Here are the answers to all of your questions along with some finished pictures!

1. The entire suit is made from 10mm EVA (except for the finger pieces which are 4mm)
2. The patterns are from MaxCrft on Etsy and are beautifully done and definitely made my life easier.
3.The individual pieces(arms,legs) are held together with Nylon Webbing and parachute buckles. I placed them behind the knee pieces, on the side of the thigh and ab piece, and then the arms were threaded from the shoulder.
4. Ha, um I cut the foam by hand with an X-Acto knife. I just seriously took my time and if I made even the slightest mistake I remade the piece to near perfection.

and for any further questions that may come from the finished pictures. The lights are EL(Electro-luminescent) Lights which I ordered from the Uk and they come in a variety of different shapes and sizes. Shoes are simply shoe covers so they definitely weren’t perfect. Oh well.

Once again I hope that people can further learn from this build and also enjoy it because I sure did!

Iron Man Cosplay Image 1.jpgIron Man Cosplay Image 2.jpgIron Man Cosplay Image 3.jpg

Here are the answers to all of your questions along with some finished pictures!

1. The entire suit is made from 10mm EVA (except for the finger pieces which are 4mm)
2. The patterns are from MaxCrft on Etsy and are beautifully done and definitely made my life easier.
3.The individual pieces(arms,legs) are held together with Nylon Webbing and parachute buckles. I placed them behind the knee pieces, on the side of the thigh and ab piece, and then the arms were threaded from the shoulder.
4. Ha, um I cut the foam by hand with an X-Acto knife. I just seriously took my time and if I made even the slightest mistake I remade the piece to near perfection.

and for any further questions that may come from the finished pictures. The lights are EL(Electro-luminescent) Lights which I ordered from the Uk and they come in a variety of different shapes and sizes. Shoes are simply shoe covers so they definitely weren’t perfect. Oh well.

Once again I hope that people can further learn from this build and also enjoy it because I sure did!

View attachment 772598View attachment 772599View attachment 772600

Duuuuuude! you are too cool!!!! the build looks amazing! The shoes are just covers?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back