Nike Mags by Rephot Upgraded Version

I think the best bet for a decently accurate shoe will be that we use the HC soles and heel cups just for the cheap price and totally remove the uppers and have custom uppers made by anyone that masters the craft and wants to sell. The stock clear soles will be removed and the soles and heel cups will be painted the right grey color with splatter. Then Cavx's clear soles will be used, and the uppers attached and cloneprops' ankle buckles will be put on as well. Custom straps will be made by the modder, and the lettering might come from Mark Poon if that's the way you want to go. Putting in the electronics will fit in there somewhere. I believe that if we really try that we can get to the accuracy that cloneprops got to. Even he was a little off, but they still looked amazing.

Last edited:
I think the best bet for a decently accurate shoe will be that we use the HC soles and heel cups just for the cheap price and totally remove the uppers and have custom uppers made by anyone that masters the craft and wants to sell.

That's exactly what I have in mind. Come October, my workload is light enough for me to test a method of reliably building and replicating accurate uppers and testing materials.

...The eventual goal will be to build an entire pair from scratch, but re-upperizing a set of HC shoes is a pretty nice checkpoint as far as I'm concerned. Planning this project out in my head has been one of the few things keeping me sane while I've been swamped.

And Jedifyfe, don't forget that those $250 shoes are also going to come with a full-sized Delorean. :lol

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best bet for a decently accurate shoe will be that we use the HC soles and heel cups just for the cheap price and totally remove the uppers and have custom uppers made by anyone that masters the craft and wants to sell. The stock clear soles will be removed and the soles and heel cups will be painted the right grey color with splatter. Then Cavx's clear soles will be used, and the uppers attached and cloneprops' ankle buckles will be put on as well. Custom straps will be made by the modder, and the lettering might come from Mark Poon if that's the way you want to go. Putting in the electronics will fit in there somewhere. I believe that if we really try that we can get to the accuracy that cloneprops got to. Even he was a little off, but they still looked amazing.

Well with my own findings and research, I've found that the exact mould of the V2 fakes is basically reused by other factories, hence the different quality of the final output of the Halloween versions and the V2. The same with the uppers.

They cannot change the soles in any way unless new moulds are opened, and those are way too high in cost to justify as you need new moulds for each size, unless you are happy to invest in thousands of pairs! So unfortunately its a dead end for the time being.

Instead, I think a full set of uppers is the best option if you are really wanting something more accurate.

So the best thing at the moment which I am attempting to look at is getting custom uppers made professionally to specification.

The soles, whether its V2 or Halloween ones are the only options, unless you make your own from scratch (which im working on myself, albeit super slowly!).

Well with my own findings and research, I've found that the exact mould of the V2 fakes is basically reused by other factories, hence the different quality of the final output of the Halloween versions and the V2. The same with the uppers.

They cannot change the soles in any way unless new moulds are opened, and those are way too high in cost to justify as you need new moulds for each size, unless you are happy to invest in thousands of pairs! So unfortunately its a dead end for the time being.

Instead, I think a full set of uppers is the best option if you are really wanting something more accurate.

So the best thing at the moment which I am attempting to look at is getting custom uppers made professionally to specification.

The soles, whether its V2 or Halloween ones are the only options, unless you make your own from scratch (which im working on myself, albeit super slowly!).

so do you think you can get a factory to produce only the uppers for sale? If they can get the look of them right that is.

I would say that it's all about a matter of money, but finding a factory that will just deliver it as a kit ...
I tryed it but the only answers i had were "sorry we don't do this" or "we don't have the ability to do it"
Does anybody know what is the main factory that builds the V2 ?
Even if they're doing crap stuff until it sales but just for my knowledge.

If a factory only produced an upper, I wouldn't want to have to buy a pair of HC's just to get the lower parts.

Can one of these factories just make raw casts of that stuff and get them out cheap? No prep, just cheap raw DIY casts. Everyone repaints them anyways.

Damn you people, go back to your shantys.

makeme.jpg

and i hve found over 4 more videos from different china sites showing this same mags, but they might be pulling something, because all the different videos seem to have the same box, because all the rips on the box in each video match up

If you want to see if its the same pair, check the splatter, this pair has a dot just between the 4 green lights, and a giant ole plain spot with no paint splatter around the bubble. If all videos have this, its only 1 single pair

IMG_20151012_133703.jpg

And uh, there ya have it

IMG_20151012_135233.jpg

Last edited:
WOw, just seen this post ! Why nobody here invites the whole fans on tHe other Mag making threads to share knowledge and make it happen ?

Anyway, JLeezy23 yep, i think the best is to get a diy kit made out of a good upper that you can attach to a HC sole.
The big difficulty here is the sole. The pattern is easy to find to replicate a more accurate upper ( i did one from scratch based only on pictures, and i think it is better than the HC and the V2).

And for me it is ok to not have any swoosh or nike logo as you can add this if you want. And for the legal issue it's better.

Sorry english speakers, i'll switch to french as it is easy for me ^^
Klen : as tu de nouvelles pistes ? C'est fou le nombre de français sur ce projet ;) je suis sur qu'on peut faire quelquechose à nous tous. Peut être que tu devrai aller voir des petites structures pour la chaussure. La semelle est un problème à prendre à part selon moi car ce que l'on veut c'est avoir une belle chaussure avec une bonne forme.

sinon, pour les matériaux et réduire les coûts je pensais que le mieux serait de :
- ne pas mettre de mousse dedans (un matériel en moins et des opérations en moins pour la couture et le collge)
- utiliser des matériaux comme le vinyle (moins chère et meilleur maléabilité, et même rendu au finl voir mieux)
- avoir un renfort dans la partie arrière et sur les cotés et devant cousu à l'interieur dans un tissus synthétique ou un neoprene fin
- ne pas ajouter de velcro sur les cotés (ça ne sert a rien)
- utiliser un tissus plus cheap pour l'intérieur

sinon, le proto que j'ai vu sur cette page est très bon mais mes deux seules remarques vont vers la languette trop longue d'au moins 3/4 cm
et les coutures visibles sur les elastiques et l'avant semble trop mou. Sinon, la forme est vraiement cool (sauf le point relevé par cavx et d'autres) t les ribs sur les cotés sont parfaites car elles ne ressortent pas comme sur les v2 ou les HCs

j'espère que ça aide un peu, si tu as des questions, n'hesite pas, je commence à savoir comment faire à peu près tout sur ces shoes sauf les parties plastiques :/

Last edited by a moderator:
@Klen : as tu de nouvelles pistes ? C'est fou le nombre de français sur ce projet ;) je suis sur qu'on peut faire quelquechose à nous tous. Peut être que tu devrai aller voir des petites structures pour la chaussure. La semelle est un problème à prendre à part selon moi car ce que l'on veut c'est avoir une belle chaussure avec une bonne forme.
French : Je me suis déjà rapproché de plusieurs usines et petits fabricants, aucun n'a la compétence de faire des répliques à la hauteur de nos attentes...
Personnellement je n'y crois plus, 2015 est passé et l’intérêt va baisser plus le temps passera.
J'étais plus que motivé et déterminé l'année dernière, mais quand on se bat pour quelque chose dont au final on sait que l'aboutissement et l'interet est plus que limité, on se consacre à des choses plus "constructives".

English : I already approached a few factories et little shoes builders but non as the skill to make replicas as we can expect them to be.
Personnally i don't believe in V3s anymore, 2015 is gone and the interest will slow down as the time will pass.
I was more than motivated and devoted to this project last year, but when you that fight for something that at the end it won't be able to be accomplished, you devote your life to more constructive things.

I wish i could have bring you good news guys but V3 like Brad always said, will not happen.

@Klen thanks for trying to make things move at least ;)

I have the same feeling about the interest of the people. I think every fan is here on the rpf and those who want a shoe and don't know that there is some alternatives won't try or know where to search for it or won't see the difference between the HC or the Movie Shoe. Because it is just about nostalgie...

Anyway, who made the upper of the proto here ?

PS : I think that you should not ask for a replica (because of the legal issue nobody would risk to copy a Nike shoe) but show the prototype of the upper and ask them for someting simillar - and just make the upper by a small sewing company - leave the electoncs and the rubber parts to the skills of someone else or the rpf (as it is the real struggle for me) members because its on the way...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back