Netflix Daredevil Cowl Helmet - First Raw Casting Photo!

Re: Netflix Daredevil Cowl Helmet - 3D Model - Printing and Molding Soon

That is freaking beautiful! Mad skills man, I love it!!

What software do you use to model, and can you give a quick summary of the process?

Thanks! Wait till the master is ready for molding, you haven't seen anything yet.

Simply beautiful.

Thanks! It's all about having patience, and a crap-load of elbow grease, lol.

That is freaking beautiful! Mad skills man, I love it!!

I use Blender, what sort of process are you meaning? The modeling? Or the printing? Or the cleanup, and molding? All of which you can find info on youtube for. I've been doing this for years now, so a lot of it is just practice making perfect. ;)

What software do you use to model, and can you give a quick summary of the process?

Thanks! It will be the best, hands down. Wait till I texture the appropriate portions.

Really nice! Best one I've seen yet! :)(y)cheers:popcorn

Sean, thanks brother! It's going to look gorgeous atop your suit. We might have to team up more often, that phone call is well over-due.

Just. So. Pretty.

I use Blender, what sort of process are you meaning? The modeling? Or the printing? Or the cleanup, and molding? All of which you can find info on youtube for. I've been doing this for years now, so a lot of it is just practice making perfect. ;)

Yes, I mean the modeling. Wow, that's done exclusively with Blender? Nice. :thumbsup

I assume the process is something like this. Low poly base model, sub-surf modifier, edge crease and/or additional edges for sharpness. I wondered if you used ZBrush, or the sculpting tools in blender at all?

Hey,

Yeah, I don't use Zbrush. And that's not exactly what I do. I usually model in most of what you see by hand. I am very anal retentive, so I don't mind the nit-picky nature of it. ha! But yeah, I deff use sub surf modifier's but often have to add in some of the extra geometry, etc as layered elements etc.

Yes, I mean the modeling. Wow, that's done exclusively with Blender? Nice. :thumbsup

I assume the process is something like this. Low poly base model, sub-surf modifier, edge crease and/or additional edges for sharpness. I wondered if you used ZBrush, or the sculpting tools in blender at all?

Made some good progress on the cleanup. Just need to texture the "cheeks" and then spray and seal the entire thing.

IMG_4503.JPGIMG_4495.JPGIMG_4496.JPGIMG_4497.JPGIMG_4498.JPGIMG_4499.JPGIMG_4500.JPGIMG_4501.JPGIMG_4502.JPGIMG_4505.JPGIMG_4504.JPG

Re: Netflix Daredevil Cowl Helmet - 3D Model - Cleanup Nearly Done, Almost Ready Pics

Yup, that's going to look solid on this noggin' of mine ;)

Re: Netflix Daredevil Cowl Helmet - 3D Model - Cleanup Nearly Done, Almost Ready Pics

How do you plan to texture the sides?

Looks amazing. I might just have to save up for one!

Speechless! Very impressive work. The detailed texture in the side grooves really makes the whole thing pop.

Nice work bud, so how are you getting that material so smooth, do you sand it or are you using some kind of thinner?

I'll have some pics soon, mold is finished, running test cast this week!

I wish someone would make the suit as good as you are making this helmet

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back