1/32 Anakin's Podracer

korben44

Master Member
Figured I'd work on this while awaiting my PG Falcon. Hopefully add some much needed detail to this kit. Still looks like fun

D5361022-8C67-4BF3-BC3F-1C4729593142.jpeg

I love this kit! My suggestion: consider replacing the Anakin figure with a larger one. The kit version is too small.

Thanks for the suggestion... It does look too small... I might try my hand at a clay figure... But may just leave it out all together. What's weird is going back to a kit like this after being spoiled by Bandai and how easily they go together.

I used a spare pilot from another kit -- it may have been the AMT moving X-Wing pilot -- and modified that. If you can find a decent figure, it's easier to add detail using some putty than to sculpt something from scratch. In the case of Anakin, he's got that big helmet and huge goggles that help obscure the face.

Thanks for the tip. I'm limited on the lack of kits I have on hand...lol... However, I have plenty of sculpy in all honesty, I'd leave the s at empty and make a standing version.

I believe the engines that were used on the full-sized prop were based on F-18 Hornet engines. I read that somewhere YEARS ago. Can't seem to dig it up now, though.

SB

This guy has a bunch of photos of the 1/8th scale model they used in the film:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/toromodel/albums/72157619782799904

That's awesome thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that link... I couldn't remember it but I have used it in the past...

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait to see what you do with this kit..

Same here... I like a challenge! I've got enough stuff on hand to bring it up to snuff.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back