Lost in Space (Netflix series)

I'm shocked the usual auto-hate for a remake isn't running rampant in here! I watched the original series over and over when I was kid and it was in constant syndication. I always really liked the first few episodes, and never got why it went so campy. I read something somewhere that the episodes beyond the pilot were basically based off of Penny's diaries, hence them seeming more innocent and silly... that may have been fan fiction I stumbled on in the early AOL days, not anything official.

I loved the look/tech of the remake movie, but the cutesy CG pet and their decision to make it about being lost in time instead of space annoyed me.

I'm totally willing to give this a shot. This is actually the third attempt at a reboot not counting the remake movie. ABC commissioned a pilot but never shot it, and there was another reboot film in the works 2010-2011. I'm glad something finally happened.

I read something somewhere that the episodes beyond the pilot were basically based off of Penny's diaries, hence them seeming more innocent and silly... that may have been fan fiction I stumbled on in the early AOL days, not anything official.

That's definitely some fanfic you stumbled upon in the early AOL days, but it's as good a headcanon as any.

And headcanon is the only canon.

My only fear is that my current giddiness regarding this reboot will be result in unmet expectations. Like SethS, I never, ever understood how such an awesome series could tank so badly after the Robinsons got back from their epic journey to the south. But as a kid, I had no idea that it was tanking, and kept watching rapturously all the way through the Great Vegetable Rebellion, or whatever it was called. It's gonna kill me, but I expect that the J2 is going to crash a lot harder in the reboot. But also as a kid, I found heroes in this series, and have to admit, seeing "Will Robinson" on the back of Max Jenkins' environment pack was just a bit cathartic, even if Max is just a wee bit too young for the role, in my not so humble opinion.

We have right around a month and a half to wait at this point...

Y'know, it's funny how people change over time. I remember when I was about 12 or 13 the show started coming on in the afternoon and I would watch it after school. I really liked the earlier shows as they seemed more serious and hated when they started getting all stupid with the vegetables and space hippies and all.

About three years ago I ordered the entire run on dvd. Hate me if you want, but now the earlier shows no longer hold my attention. I have way more fun watching the later crazier stuff.

I'm shocked the usual auto-hate for a remake isn't running rampant in here! I watched the original series over and over when I was kid and it was in constant syndication. I always really liked the first few episodes, and never got why it went so campy. I read something somewhere that the episodes beyond the pilot were basically based off of Penny's diaries, hence them seeming more innocent and silly... that may have been fan fiction I stumbled on in the early AOL days, not anything official.

I loved the look/tech of the remake movie, but the cutesy CG pet and their decision to make it about being lost in time instead of space annoyed me.

I'm totally willing to give this a shot. This is actually the third attempt at a reboot not counting the remake movie. ABC commissioned a pilot but never shot it, and there was another reboot film in the works 2010-2011. I'm glad something finally happened.

My father use to watch this with me when I was little, and then right after this show was speed racer

So I kinda have a connection to this film through my dad

I know the 1997 film got a lot of hate. But I really liked it back then, and still do today

I’m really really excited to see this series, even if it sucks, I doubt it will be as corny as the original series

I know the 1997 film got a lot of hate. But I really liked it back then, and still do today

I’m really really excited to see this series, even if it sucks, I doubt it will be as corny as the original series

I thought the movie was highly underrated. Sure there were some things I would have done differently but overall I thought it was very good. That opinion is definitely in the minority though!

When it drops, I hope it doesn't break. :wacko

;)

Seriously. If the plot line is anything similar to the original series - GBFCS* or not, I wonder if Will's new best friend might be analogous to the beasties that they met in the sleeper ship.

*Great Big Falcon Colony Ship... the Resolute, that is.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back