Bandai release schedule

Those Dymszo Modelermagic images need colour correcting

attachment.php

I'm nearly finished a Nice-n Studio scale B-Wing

attachment.php

28313519_2044656079089749_293132684_n.jpg28233239_2044655975756426_837861833_n.jpg

The main body is Reefer White,...the orange is Reefer Orange & the blue/grey is a mix I did by eye,...small amount of Big Blue Sky & Reefer Grey (DK),....all Archive X

J

Attachments

• B Wing.jpg
    B Wing.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,440
  • 28235921_2044656032423087_998723986_n.jpg
    28235921_2044656032423087_998723986_n.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 1,238
... given that the merchandise for TLJ didn't exactly fly off the shelves...

It's not really fair considering the only true new mold that was released was the AT-M6 in the Vehicle Model line, the majority being extremely minor parts variants like the Boosted X-Wing, the Polearm Phasma, and the updated 1/144 Falcon, or just straight-up reissues like the BB-8 and the C-3PO/R2-D2 combo, basically stuff that people likely already have by now.

Maybe if there were molds for stuff like the Crait Speeder and the TIE Silencer, the TLJ line could've been better. At least the Silencer might appear for the Episode IX line.

Those Dymszo Modelermagic images need colour correcting

yeah they are really "yellowed"

Excellent work! Your colors look spot on

One thing I find odd in those pics is the decals are all backwards, or flipped horizontally.

I remember some old ILM photos were flipped, but I am not sure that is the case here, or did they really put the decals on backwards (maybe to make them look more like and alien language or hide what they were?)

I wonder if that means the pics need to be flipped as well. Bu ton the other hand, not all of them are

for example, this is oriented normally
kg_lfa_b-wing-099.jpg

Where these are backwards

kg_lfa_b-wing-108.jpg

kg_lfa_b-wing-100.jpg

It's not really fair considering the only true new mold that was released was the AT-M6 in the Vehicle Model line, the majority being extremely minor parts variants like the Boosted X-Wing, the Polearm Phasma, and the updated 1/144 Falcon, or just straight-up reissues like the BB-8 and the C-3PO/R2-D2 combo, basically stuff that people likely already have by now.

All true, but I was thinking more broadly to include all the toy lines and other products. There is a lot of stuff still on shelves and in discount bins.

...The Tie Bomber is closer in size to the Bandai Tie fighters. These are the Fine Molds ones which are smaller, so in turn, it makes the Bomber look even bigger
Oddly enough, the Fine Molds X-Wing and Y-wing are bigger than the Bandai ones...
The general consensus among most modelers is that Fine Molds' scales were either slightly or wildly inaccurate from kit to kit, and cannot be trusted.

One thing I find odd in those pics is the decals are all backwards, or flipped horizontally.

I remember some old ILM photos were flipped, but I am not sure that is the case here, or did they really put the decals on backwards (maybe to make them look more like and alien language or hide what they were?)

I wonder if that means the pics need to be flipped as well. Bu ton the other hand, not all of them are

for example, this is oriented normally
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_lfa_b-wing-099.jpg

Where these are backwards

http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_lfa_b-wing-108.jpg
http://www.modelermagic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kg_lfa_b-wing-100.jpg

Yeah the decals are on backwards,...thats why the cockpit one is coming off

J

I am nearly as impatient for actually scaled (not Revell's box scaled) 1:72 U-Wing, TIE Silencer, Resistance Bomber, and Kylo's command shuttle as I am for the B-Wing and TIE Bomber. For what that's worth.

Now that's just personal taste talking, isn't it? I for one like the new stuff in TLJ.

I think the point is that there seems to be much more desire for OT ships, less for PT ships, and even less for the more recent movies (except Rogue One:D). I've heard/seen/read far more clamoring for just the B-wing, and for just the Blockade Runner than I've heard/seen/read for all the non-OT ships combined. I don't particularly like the B-wing or the Blockade Runner myself (like you say, it's personal taste), but I'd buy one much sooner than I'd buy anything from a non-OT movie.
Mike Todd

I, too, love the prequel trilogy ships and vehicles. The movies? Meh. But the tech is beautiful. For the newer stuff I'd really like to get a 1:72 U-Wing. Nothing really jumps out from TFA or TLJ unfortunately.

Well personally I'd sooner buy the Silencer than anything that isn't the X-Wing/TIE Advanced/Falcon.

I dunno, it just feels that people are smug about the new stuff failing and putting the OT up on a pedestal while throwing down anything that isn't OT or set within the OT. But that's just me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back