Bandai release schedule

Folks, speak with your wallets, send those fools a clue that this AT-AT is an insulting middle finger to the Star Wars fans' intelligence (frankly, I've low expectations of the Star Wars "fans" in their home market).
We don't tolerate mediocrity and bafflingly asinine business practices (figures nobody cares about, mini-kits, box-scale junk), tell them with your money that they can simply shove this tiny AT-AT and all their mini-kits up theirs.
Give them the rude awakening they deserve as they stumble into the western market.
We gave them a chance with their mini-kits but this is the last straw and we won't take any more insults.

All my money's going to Zvezda from this day on, this company from the far east doesn't deserve the Star Wars license.

I think a lot of this talk is a bit over the top. I won't buy the 1/144 AT-AT because it's not my preference, but I don't begrudge anybody wanting a smaller scale. I remember the days of FineMolds...everyone was so excited about them getting the contract and then the reality set in of a model release of about one per year. Bandai gets the contract and releases more than a dozen in the first year and keeps on doing so. Ok, so no 1/72 Falcon, or a big SD, but that doesn't means it's not around the corner. I think Bandai has earned our respect and they should also have earned our patience.

TazMan2000

It just blows my mind that Yamato made a 1/2000 resin SDF-1 Macross and and it feels like they need to do a Gallup poll to help decide wether or not a 1/72 falcon would be worth it.

When they do Macross stuff they make every possible variant they can. And if it wasn't quite right...They do a version 2.0

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder if there are any restrictions in the licenses to prevent models from different companies in the same market from being too close. Two may have similar sizes of the same vehicle, but one company may have the rights for a more simple model and another has the rights for a more elaborate model.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

We don't tolerate mediocrity.... We gave them a chance... we won't take any more insults....

All my money's going to Zvezda from this day on, this company from the far east doesn't deserve the Star Wars license.

Be careful when you start speaking for "we" because, well, you don't. You speak for yourself. And if you're pissed off, hey, I get it. I've been POed at Revell and R2 on numerous occasions with what I believe to be justification. But I don't see this as an "insult" worthy of such hyperbole. A disappointment? Sure. For some. Mediocrity? That's a REALLY hard claim to make against Bandai when their kits are the gold standard for accuracy and detail. Look, the kit isn't as big as some of us want it to be. I understand. But I don't think you'll get much support in your boycott. For me, Bandai's attention to detail is just too good to pass up. I'll probably get at least two to display together. The trade-off for the smaller size is that it's easy to afford a couple of them. I think AT-ATs look best in packs. That's just me.

As for Zvezda, they've only made one kit and have no announcements of anything else. They made a great kit, no doubt, but it's not quite yet a track record that justifies damnation to Bandai and eternal loyalty to Zvezda. I hope they both make great kits.

There's a couple of fellas here acting like the spoiled child who didn't get the present they wished for this Christmas!

I'm also wondering about the specifics of Bandai's licensing. Maybe they are only approved for smaller kits & scale subjects?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not going to get too upset about Bandai's smaller kits. Ya know why? Because until Bandai got the license the previous gold standard was Fine Molds, and while their kits were a huge step up in terms of accuracy from AMT and Revell, they were also WAAAAAAY expensive. I remember paying something in the $70-$90 range for their 1/72 X-Wing and TIE fighters and that was over a decade ago. I paid $250-plus for their Falcon (which proved to not be that accurate) and another $150 something for their Slave I. I could only justify buying maybe one of their kits a year -- which was good since that's about the rate they were being released. With Bandai, I can easily afford a dozen kits a year AND I have room to display them. My wife has even started bribing me to do chores with the promise that she'll buy me a new Bandai because for her they're an inexpensive thing that makes me happy. So for the price of one big AT-AT I'll be getting three or more smaller ones and make a nice display. It's not a terrible trade-off.

Hey,

don't forget about the coming BB8 in 1/2 Scale (anounced with the 1/6 Stormtrooper-Instruction-Sheet); well, it's a figure, but it shows bandai is able to do it big scale.

I was also disappointed with every Mini-Kit-release - just another ship in a too small scale for me. But for those who like this size, they are incredible (just take a close look at the AT-ATs, x-wings and y-wings from mpc in the "Battle of Hoth" - Diorama" :) )

And don't forget that Bandai has at least a scale! Remember al the "Box-Scale"-Kits from other companies...

I guess the delayed the Millennium Falcon in 1/72 for a release with the Han-Solo-Film - strategic the best way.

I think the 1/144 AT-AT is really exciting, its about time we got a well detailed and accurate kit of this. I don't really understand the backlash against Bandai all of the sudden? They've been putting out some amazing kits that are not only easy and fun to build but also finally studio accurate to the filming miniatures right out of the box. To echo what others have said I'm also in the group of people with limited display space so the mini kits and smaller scale vehicles not only display well together but I can also afford to buy multiple kits that I want without feeling like I bankrupted myself.

If you're upset about the size of the AT-AT either scratch build your own or wait patiently for one to be released. No need to insult the company, they still are putting out at least 1 or 2 kits a month its only a matter of time before they start releasing more large scale vehicles. My hopeful wishlist right now would be a tie bomber, cloud car and probe droid (Imagine this with Bandai's articulated legs?!)

Remember guys, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, no need to trash a company that really has put out some great models already and will continue to do so hopefully for a while.

If Bandai's main target is TESB now, my wish list is:

1/12 Probe Droid
1/12 Snowtrooper (Hasbro is doing one, so I strongly believe the probability is quite high that B. jumps on the wagon with this guy ;) )
1/12 IG-88
(and mayyyyyybe a 1/12 4-LOM)

and then, of course:
1/12 Grievous. Even if it may cost more than a regular figure kit - Grievous would be absolute awesomeness. :)

1/12 Probe Droid
1/12 Snowtrooper (Hasbro is doing one, so I strongly believe the probability is quite high that B. jumps on the wagon with this guy ;) )
1/12 IG-88

and then, of course:
1/12 Grievous. Even if it may cost more than a regular figure kit - Grievous would be absolute awesomeness. :)

Really, really holding out for a Viper Probe Droid. A pack of lesser droids (Mouse Droid, Power Droid, etc) would be nice too. I love the 1/12 scale.

In fact, for me, the scale is fantastic on the Bandais. I don't have an area in my house where I can build or fit lots of 15" long starships or 12" figures. And I really love the spirit of the mini kits. Up until now, If they've been popular in Japan, that's what matters most. We're importing them (although they must've made a ton of cash through that!). As they start to release more items outside Japan this year, it will be interesting to see what direction they take with the kits.

I would have liked a larger AT-AT as well, but the 1/144 is more in line with the size of the other Bandai SW vehicle kits. I wish they included a 1/144 Snowspeeder with it like the Rogue One X-Wing set.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

1/12 Probe Droid
1/12 IG-88

and then, of course:

732b0b61628088b3e0c41ad6fdbad98c04581515e682478399edc9b40adc271e.jpg

Agreed, a lot of the negative energy in this thread is uncalled for. If anything, gripe at Revell, I think they are way more deserving of criticism. Keep doing your thing Bandai, I love your products and hope you keep cranking them out for years to come. I have 10 of your kits completed and on the shelf another 10 in the stash waiting to be worked on. I love your vehicle kits and your figure kits, keep up the great work. I too would have preferred an AT-AT closer to 12" tall, but I'm with the previous poster, I'll just pick up a couple of the 1/144 versions and make a little diorama and have a great time doing it.

Am I the only one who'd be excited for a Bandai Twin Pod Cloud Car? I always liked the idea of displaying two of them alongside my Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon.

If Bandai ever does the TIE Bomber, I wonder if they'd be clever enough to offer the option of flipping the solar panels to convert it into Captain Needa's shuttle?L1100383.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back