Subscribe
  1. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 3, 2017, 5:46 PM - What's on your bucket build list? #1

    My good new found friend, Mr.Halliwax is the trouble maker that introduced me to this site. We met on astromech.com while posting about our R2 builds. I asked a question about lightsabers, he led me here, and that's all she wrote.

    With all of our conversations, he inspired me to come up with this topic.

    Anyway, I notice alot of us tend to speak of our other projects while referencing current builds. So I had a fun idea to play nosey and see what others are doing and what is on the builders bucket list.

    Mine is.

    Sabers- ANH Luke, Obiwan. , ESB Vader, ROTJ Luke. Then I added Kylo's, Rey, TFA Luke and V2 hero

    Blasters - ANH E-11, DL44, ESB Luke, ROTJ EE-3 , may end up with Rey and Jyn's , but not sure just yet.

    Helmets - ANH sandtrooper, Lukes x wing, tie fighter and Vader. ESB snowtrooper ROTJ Boba Fett. Added, Kylo, TFA stormtrooper

    Droids- R2D2 full RC and 1:1 scale. C3po head, maybe upper torso to look like a full scale bust. Mouse droid.

    Odds and ends- jedi training remote, thermal detonator , added rogue one hard drive and disk, Jyn's pendant necklace, maybe Rey's staff

    Others- classic - 60's batman cowl, batphone, utility belt, Catwoman mask and ears, necklace, dart gun. Shakespeare bust. Maybe penguin's monoclonal and top hat, riddler's mask with robin's.

    Not much has been added to my bucket list since I started it some years back. The batman list hasn't changed at all. The star wars list did end up with minor additionals. Notice there is no mention of any props from the prequels, but a few from the sequel's. Weird I know, but for some reason, the new stuff grabs my attention more.

    What's yours?
    Last edited by kevin926; 3 Weeks Ago at 7:31 PM.
  2. George's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    From
    The Marvel Universe
    Messages
    1,487
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 3, 2017, 5:52 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #2

    Welcome aboard,Kevin.Eventhough I appreciate the Star Wars franchise (in particular the 80s movies),my bucket list concerns Marvel only,so I'll save that for a different section
    I hope you'll enjoy yourself here
  3. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 3, 2017, 7:08 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #3

    George said: View Post
    Welcome aboard,Kevin.Eventhough I appreciate the Star Wars franchise (in particular the 80s movies),my bucket list concerns Marvel only,so I'll save that for a different section
    I hope you'll enjoy yourself here

    Thanks, but I have been working here for a little over a year now. Most of the pieces listed above have been completed or started. Or sitting in boxes waiting their turn.

    I am more of a DC guy however, if I jump on the band wagon, I would fancy the Avenger's props. I see a lot of potential there as well as fun.
    Last edited by kevin926; 3 Weeks Ago at 7:26 PM.
  4. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    4,680
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 7:44 AM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #4

    My list of wishes :

    Yoda - the latest creation made by Cyberman yet ready to be used as a muppet for shows i.e. childrens hospital ward.
    Emperor ROTJ costume with accurate robe - for myself without a latex mask I do have Ian's nose already to accompany my mixed Darth Vader (ANH-ESB-ROTJ).
    E-11 Vintage Parts Stormtrooper Blaster - if I can get it passed our customs

    Running projects works in slow progress for a long time :

    OB1 ANH All Real Vintage Parts lightsaber
    Darth Vader MPP All Real Parts lightsaber
    Darth Vader Stunt All Real Parts lightsaber
    Luke Skywalker ANH All Real Parts lightsaber
    Luke Skywalker ESB All Real Parts lightsaber
    Luke Skywalker ROTJ Hero lightsaber
    Han Solo ANH Blaster

    Darth Vader Costume A Mix of ANH-ESB-ROTJ
    Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal Mask + Dome
    Luke ANH Award Scene Costume
    Luke ESB Bespin Costume
    Luke ROTJ Costume
    Han Solo ANH-ESB Costume
    OB1 ROTS Costume
    Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader ROTS Costume

    Superman Christopher Reeve Golden Edition Costume by Action Costume - from the Junkyard for a good value not brand new, mind you

    Cham
  5. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    6,442
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 1:21 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #5

    kevin926 said: View Post
    My good new found friend, Mr.Halliwax is the trouble maker that introduced me to this site. We met on astromech.com while posting about our R2 builds. I asked a question about lightsabers, he led me here, and that's all she wrote.

    With all of our conversations, he inspired me to come up with this topic.

    Anyway, I notice alot of us tend to speak of our other projects while referencing current builds. So I had a fun idea to play nosey and see what others are doing and what is on the builders bucket list.

    Mine is.

    Sabers- ANH Luke, Obiwan. , ESB Vader, ROTJ Luke. Then I added Kylo's, Rey, TFA Luke and V2 hero

    Blasters - ANH E-11, DL44, ESB Luke, ROTJ EE-3 , may end up with Rey and Jyn's , but not sure just yet.

    Helmets - ANH sandtrooper, Lukes x wing, tie fighter and Vader. ESB snowtrooper ROTJ Boba Fett. Added, Kylo, TFA stormtrooper

    Droids- R2D2 full RC and 1:1 scale. C3po head, maybe upper torso to look like a full scale bust. Mouse droid.

    Odds and ends- jedi training remote, thermal detonator , added rogue one hard drive and disk, Jyn's pendant necklace, maybe Rey's staff

    Others- classic - 60's batman cowl, batphone, utility belt, Catwoman mask and ears, necklace, dart gun. Shakespeare bust. Maybe penguin's monoclonal and top hat, riddler's mask with robin's.

    Not much has been added to my bucket list since I started it some years back. The batman list hasn't changed at all. The star wars list did end up with minor additionals. Notice there is no mention of any props from the prequels, but a few from the sequel's. Weird I know, but for some reason, the new stuff grabs my attention more.

    What's yours?
    heeeerummphh!! thats DR. Halliwax my good sir
  6. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 1:51 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #6

    Pardon me. So what's on the good doctors bucket list
  7. RPF Premium Member Darth Lars's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2002
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Messages
    4,123
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 3:20 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #7

    Only to finish the projects I have started ... which is a bit of a long list.
  8. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2016
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Messages
    620
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 6:00 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #8

    WIP
    Darth Vader reveal working progress
    just started awesome Mix vol 1 and 2 cassettes inc gift box for my sons
    custom sabers
    pirate chest for my grandson

    Bucket build list
    every real parts saber I can get hold of
    Mad eye Moody's false leg ( for the wife)
    Quiditch chest with bludger and all ( for the wife )
    full size Dalek
    As many blasters as I can build
    ROTJ biker scout costume and full size bike
    Death trooper costume ( might just buy that made )
    the list goes on and on
    wouldn't mind an Iron man costume
  9. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 6:18 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #9

    Bengrim09 said: View Post
    WIP
    Darth Vader reveal working progress
    just started awesome Mix vol 1 and 2 cassettes inc gift box for my sons
    custom sabers
    pirate chest for my grandson

    Bucket build list
    every real parts saber I can get hold of
    Mad eye Moody's false leg ( for the wife)
    Quiditch chest with bludger and all ( for the wife )
    full size Dalek
    As many blasters as I can build
    ROTJ biker scout costume and full size bike
    Death trooper costume ( might just buy that made )
    the list goes on and on
    wouldn't mind an Iron man costume
    I would love to see wip shots of the speeder bike. I have seen a builder use a jet ski body for the base however, I'm not sure about the jet ski that was used.
  10. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2016
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    Messages
    620
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 6:27 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #10

    kevin926 said: View Post
    I would love to see wip shots of the speeder bike. I have seen a builder use a jet ski body for the base however, I'm not sure about the jet ski that was used.
    I've not looked deeply into it as yet, collected photos and stored them on my build laptop ( stops the wife from deleting of the every day comp ) got some older SW books stored in the loft somewhere, but every time I see one I always get an itch to start
  11. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    6,442
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 4, 2017, 10:13 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #11

    kevin926 said: View Post
    Pardon me. So what's on the good doctors bucket list
    you know i love you

    but I'm confused? i thought a bucket list was a list of things you want to accomplish in life? if this is the case then what i type below is my list. if a bucket list is a list of all my unfinished projects.. holy crap where do i begin.. well i better first get things done around the house before i start any of my shelved prop projects..

    Bucket List
    real parts TFA graflex
    live fire REAL mauser ANH edition ( i just saw a real one this saturday for the first time, CRAZY!)
    ESB vader helmet
    Red C-3PO arm
    Leia ring from TFA
    Wedge helmet
    Jedi training remote
    Yoda lamp
    Yoda necklace
    Yavin Medal
    Darth Maul battle damaged saber
    Qui gon saber
    Mace windu gold saber
    Sidous Saber
    Obi wan Arena saber
    sloppy cast V3
    Sith holocron
    Boba Fett EE-3 (ESB edition)
    Boba fett RoTJ gauntlets
    Solo ESB belt (dont know how i could display it...)
    GONK droid
    Mouse droid
    droid caller

    if i had any sewing skills i would do

    Obi wan hooded cloak
    Luke RoTJ cloak and black suit
    Han Bespin jacket (id wear that sucker every day)
    Luke ceremonial yellow jacket


    Star wars is actually my smallest prop collection, i have a TON of back to the future and ghostbuster props as well. my biggest project, probably even bigger then my R2 is working time circuits from the delorean. time circuit display, time circuit drive with box, digital speedo, plutonium gauges, S.I.D. (the green yellow red lights behind the driver) and of course the flux capacitor... would love to have that complete set to display... maybe one day

    its a long list, will it ever be completely? the way things are going right now, probably not.
  12. George's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2014
    From
    The Marvel Universe
    Messages
    1,487
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 5:30 AM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #12

    If it would concern a bucket list (we're talking last chance before departure,right?),then this would be my list (please forgive the non-star wars concepts):

    Marvel:
    -Beetle MKII
    -Lizard
    -Mysterio
    -Scorpion
    -Shocker
    -(armored) Vulture
    -Iron Man MKV

    Star Wars
    -Luke's snow outfit (planet Hoth battle)
  13. Torolf's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2016
    Messages
    16
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 11:42 AM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #13

    My bucket list is pretty extensive.

    Star Wars
    Blasters:

    RotJ EE-3
    ESB EE-3
    DC-15A (Animated and film versions)
    F-11D
    A-180 blaster pistol

    Helmets:

    Mandalorian nightowl helmet
    RotJ Darth Vader helmet
    ATDP driver helmet
    Jango Fett
    RotJ Boba Fett
    ESB Boba Fett
    Finn Rau Pilot
    Mandalorian Super Commando
    Sabine Wren

    Full kits:

    Shoretrooper
    Death trooper
    Mandalorian Neo Crusader
    Darth Revan

    Lightsabers:

    RotJ Luke Skywalker
    Rebels Darth Maul
    Rebels Kanan
    Rebels Ezra season 2 & 3
    RotJ Darth Vader

    Droids:
    Chopper
    Beetee
    Mr Bones
    Mouse Droid

    Other props:

    Hellboy The Good Samaritan (movie and comic versions)
    Hellboy comic sword
    Hellboy Big Baby
    Aliens - Facehugger
    Aliens - chestburster
    too many others to list

    Current projects:

    Kylo Ren full kit 80% finished
    Imperial Super Commando full kit 75% finished
    2 custom Mandalorian full kits 85 & 30% finished
    Clone Wars battle droid 90% finished
    Gonk droid 20% finished
    Last edited by Torolf; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:52 AM.
  14. Lichtbringer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    From
    Germany
    Messages
    2,761
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 2:33 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #14

    No matter if "WIP", "Want to", "Started", "Remade", "Whatever" ....... mostly real stuff from the OT, and way to much to list or even remember.

    Thats what i already have bought (or started buying major parts), not talking about stuff i will buy in future without even knowing when i may find time to start it (and im not talking about finishing anything anytime "in time" )
  15. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 3:19 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #15

    halliwax said: View Post
    you know i love you

    but I'm confused? i thought a bucket list was a list of things you want to accomplish in life?
    Yes, however this is the builders bucket list

    Nice list. I watched a BTTF marathon yesterday. I can see a lot of fun builds there.
  16. ichnob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Messages
    193
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 3:27 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #16

    I'm just going to post Star Wars only related ones since it's the Star Wars subforum.

    Current builds:
    -Poe Dameron X-Wing Pilot costume
    -remaking Han Solo ESB jacket (in charcoal and without a functional zipper for trooping) and pants for Rebel Legion standards
    -reinstalling and upgrading Graflex 2.0 internals with a GOTH 3D chassis and 1" blade holder

    Future builds:
    -Cassian Andor costume
    -Roman Obi-Wan hilts, both the MK1 and Inception. I'm buying one of those this year for sure.
    -TGS Graflex build once the thing ships and I figure out which of the many nice looking crystal chamber 3D printable chassis to choose from
  17. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    4,680
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 7:08 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #17

    And here I was thinking my list was long

    Cham
  18. kevin926's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Messages
    837
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #18

    Sym-Cha said: View Post
    And here I was thinking my list was long

    Cham
    Let's face it Cham, we are all hooked. Remember , there's a fine line between collectors and hoarders.
  19. newmagrathea's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    From
    Kansas City MO
    Messages
    898
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 9:17 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #19

    Lets see if I can remember it all...

    Projects that I have started collecting parts for:
    ANH DL-44 Hero
    Greedo Killer
    ROTJ EE3
    ANH E-11
    Jedi Training Remote
    Real Parts ANH OB1 lightsaber
    ESB Luke lightsaber
    Vader ANH v2 lightsaber
    Hasbro Falcon
    MPC Speeder bike
    MPC Falcon
    Bandai Y-wing
    Finemolds Y-wing
    Finemolds Slave 1
    Vibro Axe
    1:1 Stormtrooper armor



    In Progress:
    Bandai X-wing



    Future Projects/Bucket list:
    Bandai 1:72 Falcon
    Real MPP
    Real Kobold
    1:1 R2-D2 (undecided on version, probably ANH)
    Leia Blaster ANH
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Messages
    115
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 5, 2017, 9:57 PM - Re: What's on your bucket build list? #20

    I have a whole lot of props sitting around in my garage/drawers, I will get around to them one day

    currently WIP - EP3 Clone Trooper helmet, most of the priming/sanding has been done, almost ready for painting now

    other things waiting for my attention

    Lightsabers:

    - 1 x vintage Graflex
    - 1 x Romans Graflex
    - 1 x Larbel's MPP
    - 1 x Obi Wan Ep4 (mostly Russrep parts)
    - 1 x Obi Wan Ep1/2 (mostly first gen Roman parts)

    Helmets:

    - 1 x Jimmi shore trooper
    - 1 x X-Wing helmet (Bradleyfett)
    - 1 x OT Tie pilot helmet (EVO3)
    - 1 x Ep2 clone helmet (unknown source, got it from ebay)
    - 1 x republic commando helmet (same as above)

    once I finish off the ep3 clone helmet, I can start working on the sabers, also brought some kits from Roy so it should be a quick job

    bucket list:

    Helmet - Fett, Biker Scout, Royal Guard

    lightsaber - Mace Windu, Quinlan Vos, A'Sharad Hett (if I could ever find them)

    oh, and I have got literally a garage full of Gundam/Macross model kits spanning over the last 30 or so years, chances are I will never get through half of them before I die
    Last edited by kirova; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:56 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2015, 11:38 PM
  2. Bucket list item checked off - Im in Sharknado 2
    Cameron, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2014, 10:44 PM
  3. How to build a Trooper Bucket
    8 perf, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2011, 11:49 AM