Bandai release schedule

millenniumfalcon_72_1_15.jpg
Bandai 1/72

20170609_104135.png
ILM 5 footer

To me it's looking just right. A little toe-in, just like the ILM 5footer.

Last edited:
Again, if you don't like the angle, change it! It will be a lot easier on the Bandai, as it appears, the saucer and mandibles are separate pieces.

Some people just can't be happy.

True... Strange, I never knew. I thought it was only a scaled version of his bigger 1/72 brother.
The position of the cockpit corridor also looks more correct. The 1/72 was a mess.
Here is the 1/144 next to a pic of the 5-footer

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Falcon is full of enigmas and contradictions or plain sillyness, but we love it :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

True. ALL Star Wars ships -- PT, OT and ST -- are full of implausible shapes, production cheats, and flat out silliness. But they look cool, and that's all that matters. Frankly, the idea that the Falcon was designed as a "freighter" always seemed wrong to me. It's too small (Han's TFA cargo ship is a far more plausible freighter, even though the design is blah) and there are no obvious cargo doors to get freight in and out besides the main boarding ramp. In my head canon, the Falcon started out as a B-25 style light bomber (it has GUNPORTS, for f-sake) that has been repurposed as a smuggler's ship.

I think the Falcon moved freight two ways- small expensive things which could fit into the interior through the hatch and larger cargo modules gripped by the front mandibles. To me that makes the ship design make sense- the off set cockpit to see around what he mandibles where holding and the design of the mandibles themselves with all that specialized (and symmetrical) equipment along the inside edges.

People have been going nuts since the seventies trying to assign some function to every random greebly ILM stuck on the filming model at 3am, but a lot of the basic shapes are pretty well thought out.

I realize that it's wrong in many ways. But it is slightly better than the 1/72

I'm still not seeing it...a little bit better of wrong is still wrong

....sigh.......but the main thing....

The Bandai 1/72 looks perfect,.....so no need to sweat

J

I'm still not seeing it...a little bit better of wrong is still wrong

....sigh.......but the main thing....

The Bandai 1/72 looks perfect,.....so no need to sweat

J
Well, the first one I got was the 1/144. My biggest complaint was the hull arc and the radar dish. Not the mandibles

But then they reissued the 1/72. I pre-ordered it and my heart sank when I opened it up. The mandible are so parallel that they actually look like they splay. The biggest visual cue of the difference is that the mandibles touch the centre jawbox on the 1/144. Whereas they don't even come close on the big brother.

But yes. It's all moot now

I think the Falcon moved freight two ways- small expensive things which could fit into the interior through the hatch and larger cargo modules gripped by the front mandibles. To me that makes the ship design make sense- the off set cockpit to see around what he mandibles where holding and the design of the mandibles themselves with all that specialized (and symmetrical) equipment along the inside edges.

People have been going nuts since the seventies trying to assign some function to every random greebly ILM stuck on the filming model at 3am, but a lot of the basic shapes are pretty well thought out.

That's what I always assumed too!, I mean afterall the ship is far too small to be used as a freighter!

Personally, I thought it seemed more like a service vehicle than a freighter. Like a utility truck. One that hauls parts and a crew for on-site repairs

To add to that, the landing claw would really come in handy for the crew to repair the outside of some capital ship

And perhaps the centre gunwells was originally an elevator shaft used to get equipment to the top or bottom of the falcon...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back