Your Most Expensive Movie-Related Purchase?

The dual signature Darth Vader is signed by James Earl Jones and Dave Prowse. I edited the picture so you could see a close up of the plaques together. My lightsaber is #114 of 1000[/URL]

Awesome, thanks!! Really cool prop and autographs. And #114 of 1000 is a really good number too since it's closer to the first ones signed. ;)

Well, I'm saving up for a real prop but after giving my left leg and arm for the soda it's taking a bit longer than originally thought. That and I like basking in the awesomeness of real Prop guys. I aspire to pick up a few things in the future once karma stops making me her B***h. LOL

Well, I'm saving up for a real prop but after giving my left leg and arm for the soda it's taking a bit longer than originally thought. That and I like basking in the awesomeness of real Prop guys. I aspire to pick up a few things in the future once karma stops making me her B***h. LOL

:lol:lol:lol

Yep, I feel ya. I have a pretty tiny collection, and am always in awe when I see some other member's collection. Which prop are you looking at and saving up for, if you don't me asking? :)

Well, the first is the FX Luke Saber and long run a Deluxe Vader Suit and Saber and well then the list really starts to run... Haahahaa... But I mainly stick to the models right now. Saves on space and a bit cheaper to play with and you can make your own...though you can't wear them out or scare small children on Halloween so it's a trade off. hehehe...What about you?

Well, the first is the FX Luke Saber and long run a Deluxe Vader Suit and Saber and well then the list really starts to run... Haahahaa... But I mainly stick to the models right now. Saves on space and a bit cheaper to play with and you can make your own...though you can't wear them out or scare small children on Halloween so it's a trade off. hehehe...What about you?

Nice. Good luck. :) Well, I'm thinking of shifting from buying replicas to buying original props. I don't necessarily have a list of what I want just yet mainly because screen used or production made props are often harder to get. The ones I want might not be available. As for the ones that are available, they might be quite expensive, so I have to be very selective. I really liked some of the props from Now You See Me offered on Premiere Props. Unfortunately, the one that got more screen time are rather expensive. Am also looking for some Man of Steel stuff.

I've probably spent about $2000 on my Stormtrooper outfit by now. Other than that I think my biggest single purchase was the $300 for my Lego Star Destroyer.

I've probably spent about $2000 on my Stormtrooper outfit by now. Other than that I think my biggest single purchase was the $300 for my Lego Star Destroyer.

Nice!! Did you get the one that was offered by the original propmaker of the Stormtrooper helmet?

I've probably spent a little over a thousand putting together my full leather Mad Max MFP uniform. The boots are original Rossiter's and the T-shirt is a Bond's from Australia, just like in the movie. I think the AbbyShot jacket, at $450 (plus another $100+ for alterations) was the most expensive single movie-related item I've bought.

And lest you think I'm a single-movie guy, I also bought the limited-edition "Jaws: Memories from Martha's Vineyard" book with the piece of the Orca. :)

My bat-suit for sure. It was around 2K for the original purchase. I'm probably around 3K now with all the upgrades I made to it, and I'm not done yet, still need carbon fiber pieces ! That is one expensive hobby we're in, but it's worth it, I rarely get buyer's guilt with prop purchases :lol

Nice!! Did you get the one that was offered by the original propmaker of the Stormtrooper helmet?

No, it was just a kit I got several years ago when I joined the 501st. The armor was only like $600, but over the years I have gotten new helmets, new electronics, new boots, neck seals, body suits, etc. It all adds up.

My bat-suit for sure. It was around 2K for the original purchase. I'm probably around 3K now with all the upgrades I made to it, and I'm not done yet, still need carbon fiber pieces ! That is one expensive hobby we're in, but it's worth it, I rarely get buyer's guilt with prop purchases :lol

You going FACTS this year teragon as batman? curious too see it for real :D

Don't know yet, but even if I'm not going, the bat-suit is going anyway, on its mannequin then, for the RPF booth thanks to stargatefan1988 :)

My two most expensive (and VERY much worth the money) purchases have to be the working flame gun and the "reveal" saber, both by Rylo. :thumbsup

Out of the stuff I own, hands down without question….my Boba Fett costume.

Thousands of dollars of parts and all the extra little supplies needed to construct it and literally hundreds and hundreds of labor hours spent building it right. Also, like any Boba costumer, it’s never “done”.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back