Studio Scale Sandcrawler (ANH)

starter set plus an additional $8k-$12k plus in models and some so rare nearly impossible to find like the 500 Nichimo kits, Wynns and Novacaine. Not to mention you need about 12 1/48 Bandai Panther-G tanks.

It’s not an easy project certainly. But if we would only tackle easy project there wouldnt be a sandrcrawler, slave I, 5 foot falcon out there.

I didn’t pay that much in kits by far. But yes there’s some rare kits on it. I don’t know if everyone will want to be 100% accurate. But i am looking into offering casts of some of the more rare kits. I will soon have molded all the Sealab parts needed for the crawler for instance. Next up would be the Bandai Panther G.

I didn’t pay that much in kits by far

There are 137 different models needed for that and one of them IF you can find it goes for over 2500 in used condition and it yields 4 parts only on the sandcrawler. so if you say "by far" then I'm assuming you don't have all of them. If you need some help let me know.

Yeah i dont have everything yet. Im still missing about 30-40 ID’s out of the several hundreds of parts. I think i am at around 105 kits so far. Although i haven’t looked at anything on the underside yet. I am making the 1977 version so there might be a few kits less on that version that the 1999 version.

If there’s a $2500 kit on there then i don’t have it yet nor have i made the ID. Any help on ID’s or parts is very much appreciated!

A small update since I've finally had more time to work on the Crawler. Another section done. Cutting all these panels by hand is tedious, but very true to the original. I'm making good progress on the adjacent sections too so should have another update soon.

Sandcrawler_061.jpgSandcrawler_059.jpg

BTW this is the part I'm still missing on this section. It looks a lot like a 8Rad part but it isn't quite right. If anyone has an idea....

unkown_R3.jpg

Hey Marvin,

The part was from Airfix 1/72 Sam-2 missile.

Thanks,
Eric.

Hey thanks again Eric! A known donor so happy about that. I did make a mistake though as I'm missing two more small parts in this section. I know one should be an easy find but just haven't been able to pinpoint it...

Unkown_R3_01.jpg

Ah great! Thanks Eric! Very much appreciated.

And I agree about the 8Rad part. I was confused because of the little nib at the top but now I see that is just sprue residue. Thanks!

So another update. Her side sections are done as well as the mid section up top. Thanks to help from friends I was able to put on every kit part on the side sections. There's a few parts still missing up top. Hard to ID since they broke off during filming. The non-hero side is also almost done.

Next I'll move to the access pit in what I call the back of the neck. Lots of kit part goodness back there.

Sandcrawler_063.jpg

Sandcrawler_069.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. Cant think of that yet. Just want to get that outer shell done so i can move onto the track system and get the RC systems hooked up. No idea yet how I'm going to do that.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back