THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - 12/23 - UPDATED BUILDS AND MORE! p.6

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - Prometheus Work page 2

Thanks zyote! I was thinking on simply adding decal work - I have a laser printer and some decal paper that have worked out nicely on older projects. I'm actually using it for the Nostromo currently.

1422531_674606565896386_1369541298_n.jpg

I have access to a vinyl cutter here, so if you ever wanna try out vinyl graphics let me know. I'd just need illustrator files. Happy to do for free for a fellow alien fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors

Hi, I just joined the RPF, I found it by total accident. I like your reconstructions of the Nostromo sets. I made some models of some of the interior sets about 30 years ago, mainly B & C decks, & I'd like to post them on here, but I have no idea how to post pics, so could you advise me please, either on here or by email at amr26@blueyonder.co.uk?

Hi, I just joined the RPF, I found it by total accident. I like your reconstructions of the Nostromo sets. I made some models of some of the interior sets about 30 years ago, mainly B & C decks, & I'd like to post them on here, but I have no idea how to post pics, so could you advise me please, either on here or by email at amr26@blueyonder.co.uk?

here. hope this helps. welcome to the forum

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

or

4.jpg

Thanks for your help. I've just attempted to post two pics in a new thread, but I have no idea whether it's worked or not & I presume I'll only find out if someone comments?

Andy R.

Excellent work Sithfire!

Am I correct in assuming that you are using CAD to draft your templates prior to submitting them? Are you using chip board or wood?

I haven't used a laser cutter since I finished architecture school a few years ago - I miss it a lot. Wish I had the time (or even the thought) to craft some models like you are while I had easy access to it.

**Sorry looking again more closely I can see that it's wood.

**Hmm, I guess strikethrough doesn't work ...

Last edited:

Fred - WOW! Beautiful work!!! OUT OF CARDBOARD??? Incredible! It's going to be gorgeous when complete!

This is intended for both Slithfire and Isnochys. I'm currently uploading pics of models I made some years ago of the Nostromo B & C Decks, which would be about the same size as your models Slithfire; my passageways are about four inches high. Mine are made with chipboard bases, and the rest is made from wood, cardboard, Plastruct tubing and pillars, bits and pieces of plastic and old electrical equipment, anything that was about the right size. Please feel free to have a look and comment if you wish.

A couple of pics to illustrate.

View 4A1a.JPG View 4A1b.jpg View 5A.JPG View 5A2.jpg

DA-YUM. Magnificent work there. Just jar dropping. I've heard these a set of figures being done by Neca(I think). These would be so awesome to go along with them.

Looked everything over again. Wow. Just wow.

That splattering noise was my brains against the wall behind me. Amazing work.

I have access to a vinyl cutter here, so if you ever wanna try out vinyl graphics let me know. I'd just need illustrator files. Happy to do for free for a fellow alien fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Zyote!!!! I'll be in touch! :)

Excellent work Sithfire!

Am I correct in assuming that you are using CAD to draft your templates prior to submitting them? Are you using chip board or wood?

I haven't used a laser cutter since I finished architecture school a few years ago - I miss it a lot. Wish I had the time (or even the thought) to craft some models like you are while I had easy access to it.

**Sorry looking again more closely I can see that it's wood.

**Hmm, I guess strikethrough doesn't work ...

Hey Syd - Yea - I have a good friend that cuts my vector work for me. I create the vectors in Illustrator and he cuts them per my specs. I use Masonite board - mainly .125 and .25 inch, sometimes doubling up to save on cutting time cost. Wish I had a laser cutter of my own - I'd never leave the house!! LOL!

This is intended for both Slithfire and Isnochys. I'm currently uploading pics of models I made some years ago of the Nostromo B & C Decks, which would be about the same size as your models Slithfire; my passageways are about four inches high. Mine are made with chipboard bases, and the rest is made from wood, cardboard, Plastruct tubing and pillars, bits and pieces of plastic and old electrical equipment, anything that was about the right size. Please feel free to have a look and comment if you wish.

A couple of pics to illustrate.

View attachment 258004 View attachment 258005 View attachment 258006 View attachment 258007

Andy - the work is exceptional! I was blown away after my first glance - LOL! I'm learning a lot from the work you have posted - very inspiring! C deck is OUTSTANDING!!!

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - 12/2 Prometheus Work page 2

A visual update on my sculpt work of the Engineer Hypersleep Chamber from Prometheus 1:18 scale. Using Monster Clay as my sculpting material...

Completed "phase 1" of the chamber which consists of the base. Next I will mold and cast the base, creating a master cast to archive, and a cast to sculpt the second phase - the clear canopy. That part of the sculpt will them be sued to vacuum form the removalbe canopies that will house the sleeping Engineer that I am also in the process of sculpting. The Engineer will be a one piece, non articulated figure. here are some images of the work so far...

SLEEPCHAMBER5_zps0976e1a7.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER6_zpsfbe325ec.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER7_zps833f2558.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER9_zpscaa29fc4.jpg

Below is a scale shot showing the Engineer Hypresleep Chamber next to a scaled printout of the Pilot Chair.

SLEEPCHAMBER8_zpsce23ead9.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER11_zps6e6e02c8.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER12_zps1965ed00.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER14_zps3f4c4415.jpg

Adding the hieroglyphs and texture to the surface...

SLEEPCHAMBER18_zps97d1c0c1.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER16_zps72f788b7.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER17_zpsefae824b.jpg

...and I'm not stopping there...

There was a reason I wanted to created the Engineer Hypersleep Chamber and it wasn't for display alone - I have started work on the remaining Orrery Room platform.

Vector artwork for the centerpiece of the Orrery Room - out being cut at the moment.

ORRERY-ROOM-PROMETHEUS2_zps01e16208.jpg

and I have plotted the size specs for the platform. I'm estimating it to be approx. 40" in diameter. I will do it in 4 sections of course.

ORRERY-ROOM-PROMETHEUS1_zps11451ae8.jpg

ORRERY-ROOM-PROMETHEUS3_zps9595a9d0.jpg

The centerpiece will not be articulated in any way for it to open and close - simply a static piece that can be removed and replace by the pilot chair (Space Jockey chair) which I have already started to sculpt.

SJ-CHAIR2_zps1a8f5e44.jpg

Many have asked - Why the Prometheus version of the chair? Why not make Giger's original?

Because it has been done before in various scales including a BRILLIANT 1:18 scale - Jules (Julian Bloom) created the "end all be all" 1:18 scaled Giger Space Jockey that is now on display at the H.R. Giger Museum. I figure I will eventually make my own but for now I am centering my efforts on the Prometheus version.

Hope you guys have enjoyed the update! Molding the Hypersleep Chamber tonight! I will let you all know how it turns out.

More to come!

Attachments

• ORRERY-ROOM-PROMETHEUS1_zps11451ae8.jpg
    ORRERY-ROOM-PROMETHEUS1_zps11451ae8.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 182

Andy - the work is exceptional! I was blown away after my first glance - LOL! I'm learning a lot from the work you have posted - very inspiring! C deck is OUTSTANDING!!!

Thank you very much Mr Slithfire, that's very kind of you to say so. C Deck is my favourite part of the Nostromo in the movie; being a railway engineer, corridors filled with machinery is right up my street :) How did you make your passageway sections, some kind of vacuum-forming?

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - 12/2 Prometheus Work page 3

Fantastic job as usual, eager to see what you're gonna cook for us next:)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back