THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - 12/23 - UPDATED BUILDS AND MORE! p.6

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors

Thanks to all!

I just received word from my laser service provider that my latest section of the Nostromo is being cut! I hope to have some BIG updates later next week! Below is the vector work of the section - Nostromo fans should recognize this fairly easily :)

NOSTROMO-FLIGHT-DECK-DOOR1_zps5099b7d7.jpg

Some of my latest scratch building of the Nostromo corridor sections - 1:18 scale, made from sheet styrene and additional sculpted parts...

Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2B_zps86ab2c8b.jpg

Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2B-image_zps9831ad23.jpg

More to come!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Love your work! The airlock door is superb! I'm about to try my first mold+cast on a Prometheus wall panel. I figure it'll make it look super smooth.

Recreating Prometheus Life Pod Display Panel in Micro Scale

I'll definitely keep checking back on this thread of yours for sure!

Your work is AWESOME zyote! Thanks for sharing the link!

I am so admirative of your project, and follow it on facebook. Each new step is so perfect ! I started myself a few weeks ago a scratchbuilt nostromo bridge with cardboard ... http://www.therpf.com/f11/scratchbuilt-nostromo-bridge-195850/
so far from your highly detailed pieces but I have fun with it and I truly figure out the huge amount of time and work you spend on this project.
Fred

Fred - WOW! Beautiful work!!! OUT OF CARDBOARD??? Incredible! It's going to be gorgeous when complete!

I'm considering trying out your method of using sheet styrene too. It might be easier to get my details added. Rather than relying fully on finding materials thin enough and then laser cutting.

So you use laser cut pieces for the big stuff AND Details from styrene? Before casting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So you use laser cut pieces for the big stuff AND Details from styrene? Before casting?

Zyote - I use three sources - Laser cut masonite, sheet styrene and sculptural pieces. I work hand in hand with one another. Eventually most parts will have molds made and cast in plastic.

Thanks for all the comments guys!!!

Close to completing the first of several 1:18 scaled corridors for the Nostromo spacecraft (ALIEN 1979). These corridors will vary in length, complexity...depends on what section or deck they are located within the ship. So many variants on the ship - I found this awesome video online that features the door and corridors on the ship...it's like the author read my mind.

[video=vimeo;53743444]http://vimeo.com/53743444"]http://vimeo.com/53743444[/video]

Here are a couple images of the first completed corridor - lacking smaller details, the base (being worked on now) paint job and decals....so how about CLOSE to completion LOL!

Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2E-image_zps993cbcdd.jpg

Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2D-image_zps6fd18725.jpg

Started a new section that leads to the Narciccus Shuttle - you can see this section as Ripley is escaping from the Nostromo, approaching the shuttle entrance.

Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2F-image_zps60fee364.jpg

Sculpted and replicated the padded seat railings in the Main Airlock Chamber, also scratch built the dust grate floor from sheet styrene. Additional details are being added over the weekend.

NOSTROMO-MAIN-AIR-LOCK-14_zps7d3839f2.jpg

Started a new section this past week - received various laser cut pieces I designed to begin assembling the main entrance way to the Nostromo bridge. The image shows just the laser cut pieces (hastily put together for the photo - nothing glued down). I will add details using sheet styrene, sculptural and greeblie work.

Nostromo-Bridge-Entrance-v2_zps1ad92c27.jpg

and finally I decided to reboot my Nostromo galley work. The panels I originally hand made looked too irregular. I had a problem with proportion. With these laser cut parts, I have a much better starting point when sculpting the details of each wall panel...that's right, the details for the Egyptian motif (as Ron Bobb called it) will be sculpted. Once these walls are completed, the opposite side and overhead will be created.

Nostromo-Galley-Reboot-1_zps4ac2b7e5.jpg

Getting back into some more sculpt work for the next several weeks - gearing up to create the H.R. Giger Derelict corridor which will be a total sculpt job. Very excited :)

Gigers-Alien-344_zpseff57e68.jpg

Attachments

• Giger's-Alien-344.jpg
    Giger's-Alien-344.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 279

Here are a couple images of the first completed corridor - lacking smaller details, the base (being worked on now) paint job and decals....so how about CLOSE to completion LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Nostromo-Corridor-Ver2E-image_zps993cbcdd.jpg

The little 'wheels' are more like this on the right side

Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps A-C: Click image to close this window

There are a ton of them on the ship - must be a found item.

Keep going - it's awesome work!

Jim

Last edited:

So sweet! Do you have to clean up the edges after cutting the wood before moulding? The castings look so clean.

I haven't needed to clean up the edges - I guess I can attribute that to the laser operator and the quality cutting of the designs I've been sending over?...not really sure. I have picked up a few burned shards from time to time but nothing to write home about and nothing that reduced the quality of the castings pulled.

Getting back into some more sculpt work for the next several weeks - gearing up to create the H.R. Giger Derelict corridor which will be a total sculpt job. Very excited :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...tion Picture/Gigers-Alien-344_zpseff57e68.jpg

I seem to remember that they were so tight for money, that this corridor is actually the fibreglass panels from the back of the space jockey set laid on it's side. You should be able to use photos of that set as reference!

Jim

Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - PROMETHEUS WORK page 2

Say what you want about the movie Prometheus, you MUST agree that the art design for the film was TOP NOTCH! That alone inspired me to work on several Prometheus themed diorama work. The first sculptural piece I am currently working on is a 1:18 scaled Hypersleep Chamber used by the Engineers in the Orrery room. I am using Monster Clay as my sculpting material.

The piece will work hand in hand with the 1:18 scaled Engineers I am currently sculpting as well. My plans for the Hypersleep chamber at this point is to consist of four parts: The Hypersleep Chamber itself, a removable translucent canopy, a portion of the Orrery floor and finally a sculpt of a sleeping Engineer (static pose, non-articulated).

Check out my progress in the images below. The first image was to mainly capture the shape. Moving forward I have been adding detail and making adjustments where needed. Currently working on the rear of the chamber which I feel is the most complex (you'd think). Close to completing one side - working on the opposite side tonight. After that I will move up the sides to the front of the chamber.

Engineer20_zpse6dc3d67.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER1_zps380ccdb4.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER2_zpsebf2e021.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER3_zpse6159434.jpg

SLEEPCHAMBER4_zps63c0763c.jpg

Like the Nostromo, I am also working on doors and corridors of the Prometheus ship itself....and similar to the Nostromo, I plan on building a 1:18 scaled diorama of the bridge. Below are some images of what I have already completed - a mix of vector/laser work and scratch building from sheet styrene and sculptural elements.

MedBay6_zpse26fe311.jpg

MedBay9_zps9f05959f.jpg

MedBay11_zps052b6fbf.jpg

PROMETHEUS-DOOR3_zpscad79325.jpg

MedBay8_zpsf7f6f325.jpg

PROMETHEUS-DOOR7_zps149fd2f0.jpg

CrewChair5_zps411ce305.jpg

So as you can see, the art of Prometheus has inspired me greatly (duh!) LOL! I have many more plans on the horizon...including the modern take on a personal favorite :)

SCALE-SHOT_zps611c4e62.jpg

SJ-CHAIR1_zps7b463ebc.jpg

Attachments

• SLEEPCHAMBER2_zpsebf2e021.jpg
    SLEEPCHAMBER2_zpsebf2e021.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 280
  • MedBay9_zps9f05959f.jpg
    MedBay9_zps9f05959f.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 274
Re: THE NOSTROMO - 1:18 Scaled Interiors - Prometheus Work page 2

Stunning! Your work and pace is inspiring! Loving all this stuff so much.

How are you planning to get the graphics on the walls/doors? Adhesive Vinyl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back