Help To Ident an E-11 blaster

Hello Fellas
Just playing around trying to make a couple E11 blaster for no other reason than I want to. Just need a bit of advise
I have searched for like a chart or website that shows the variants of the E11 blaster cant find one what I am looking for is what episode or where was the blaster used that had the 3 knob like things on the passenger side rear of the recover and the solid bar for the scope mount could any one tell me what one that is and mabee where I can find more pics The only ones I can find are like the image from the imperial shipyards that only have one static pic of the port side.
Thanks Jerry

Duuude, have you ever heard of punctuation? ...had to read your post two times, to get an idea what the hell you are talking about :lol

With regards to your question...
Even if not updated for about a decade, http://www.partsofsw.com/ is still a good source to answer the basic questions. Other sources are whitearmor, FISD etc. There also exists a PDF document with all -or at least most- identified ANH E-11s.

Even if I don´t know any E-11 with three "knob like things on the passenger side", the only E-11s with solid scopes rails/ bars I can think of are:

- the "stunt" ESB E-11
- the MGC based ROTJ E-11
- the MGC based "touring" E-11

My advice...Just search for E-11 on google and post a picture of the variant you´re intending to build :thumbsup

The solid bar is most likely the ROTJ E-11 blaster. They had a variety of greeblies on them. let me find some pics on my hard drive..

Picture 2.pngrotjstormtrooper.jpgrotjscopeonsterling.jpg

also known for having metal U track instead of T-track on the barrel end of the gun

If you're thinking of the one from battlefront, they used a ROTJ MGC based prop for all of their "roto-scans" or whatever. Pretty sure "knob things" are from a model kit.

The blasters were made in the UK, so "passenger side" would be left... eh? ;)

The variation with three round knobs on the right side just in front of the end-cap is the ESB "stunt" version.
They were resin-cast whole with scope, scope rail and all - so they had the gap between scope rail and receiver filled in.
Otherwise, this variation was based on a British Sterling L2A3 like other ESB E-11 blasters and the E-11 blasters in ANH.
It has some various greeblies on the left and right side of the receiver and on the scope rail. There were also a couple of "hero" blasters in ESB made from real L2A3s that had one or a couple of what appears to be the same kind of greeblies - but those blasters are difficult to spot in the movie.

I would say that the ROTJ E-11 blasters were made to resemble the "ESB stunt" but they used replicas of a Canadian Sterling made by MGC (Model Gun Corporation of Japan). with different details and then there were different scope rail and different greeblies attached that sort of look the same.

The ESB stunt and the ROTJ blasters also both have a flatter muzzle than other E-11. The ESB stunt's probably got lost in the casting process (cut off with the pour spout maybe?) and the Canadian Sterling has a flat muzzle because it is a Canadian Sterling.

Last edited:
The blasters were made in the UK, so "passenger side" would be left... eh? ;)

The variation with three round knobs on the right side just in front of the end-cap is the ESB "stunt" version.
They were resin-cast whole with scope, scope rail and all - so they have the gap between scope rail and receiver filled in.
Otherwise, this variation was based on a British Sterling L2A3 like other ESB E-11 blasters and the E-11 blasters in ANH.
It has some various greeblies on the left and right side of the receiver and on the scope rail. There were also a couple of "hero" blasters in ESB made from real L2A3s that had one or a couple of what appears to be the same kind of greeblies - but those blasters are difficult to spot in the movie.

I would say that the ROTJ E-11 blasters were made to resemble the "ESB stunt" but they used replicas of a Canadian Sterling made by MGC (Model Gun Corporation of Japan). with different details and then there were different scope rail and different greeblies attached that sort of look the same.

The ESB stunt and the ROTJ blasters also both have a flatter muzzle than other E-11. The ESB stunt's probably got lost in the casting process (cut off with the pour spout maybe?) and the Canadian Sterling has a flat muzzle because it is a Canadian Sterling.

We also had the ESB stunt E-11 (aka Pugman) in ROTJ in a few scenes on Death Star as well as Endor.

ROTJ Pugman ESB E-11 blaster 04.jpg

Thanks. I forgot about that.

For those who didn't know: Pugman" is a member on this board who owned one of these from the production.

Thanks
The first pic that THD9791 shows is what I was talking about, but its only 2 detail parts not 3 . But thanks fellas I got what I needed , was just wondering why no one models that variation
Thanks Jerry

Model Gun Corperation (Japanese)

Don't apologize for ignorance, we're all here to share and learn. Your humility and gratitude are refreshing plasmajunky .

Last edited by a moderator:
Model Gun Corperation (Japanese)

Don't apologize for ignorance, we're all here to share and learn. Your humility and gratitude are refreshing @plasmajunky .
Thank man I appreciate the kind words. And that is why I keep coming back to this board, as someone eventually steps up with the right info. The collective knowledge on this board never ceases to amaze me.
Thanks Jerry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back