1/6 Classic Hitch Hiker's Marvin build

Nice job, Birdie. Did you figure how to hollow out some of the castings? When you said that, I immediately thought "Durhams Rock Hard Water Putty", which makes a great 'pour in' weight filler for figures (I use mostly on my vinyl figs for weight and dimensional stability...)

Regards, Robert

Hey Robert,

It's all solid cast. I used 1/3 fillite powder in the mix which results in a strong durable cast and is as easily sandable as pure resin.

Nice job, Birdie. Did you figure how to hollow out some of the castings? When you said that, I immediately thought "Durhams Rock Hard Water Putty", which makes a great 'pour in' weight filler for figures (I use mostly on my vinyl figs for weight and dimensional stability...)

Regards, Robert

Any news on a run of these yet?
I really want one!
I own the BBC prop mug which Slartibartfast (Richard Vernon) gave to Arthur (Simon Jones) with some not-quite-tea in it whilst they talked about mice and Deep Thought on Magrathea and a small Marvin would be the perfect accompaniment to that prized possession.

View attachment 552693View attachment 552692

What!!! How cool is that! Now I am really jealous...that's a true Britt Sci-Fi artifact...priceless!

And @ Birdie compliments on a great build of one of the wonkiest and most manic depressive Robots ever conceived!!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back