Solo:ASWS DL-44 Discussion

Ooooo!!! (girlish squeal),.. dissecting,researching and building a SOLO DL-44 replica that breaks down from rifle to pistol is gonna be SO much fun. Glad I already got the AW Custom to use as a base... :)

Maybe it'll be done in time for whatever lightsaber Rey cobbles together from parts for SW IX...

By definition, it’s not a rifle but neither are any Star Wars weapons unless that weapons is...
ri·fle1
ˈrīfəl/
noun

a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
By definition, it’s not a rifle but neither are any Star Wars weapons unless that weapons is...
ri·fle1
ˈrīfəl/
noun

a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.
Yeah... laser blasters have no spinning proyectile traveling thru a barrel. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Modular weapons systems are nothing new. Eugene Stoner at Armalite (of AR-15 fame) envisioned a system that would evolve from a pistol to a belt-fed squad assisted light machine gun just by attaching parts. In that scenario with the long barrel and shoulder stock it would be considered the rifle configuration.

CWOODREPLICAS, thanks for the pic! I brightened it up a bit.

solo.jpg

I see a WE712, with a AWC scope mount and flash hider. The scope is AWC with a modified brass knob. The flash hider is a AWC, with a custom bull barrel and t-track. The grill is the same as the one on TFA.

CWOODREPLICAS, thanks for the pic! I brightened it up a bit.

View attachment 820268

I see a WE712, with a AWC scope mount and flash hider. The scope is AWC with a modified brass knob. The flash hider is a AWC, with a custom bull barrel and t-track. The grill is the same as the one on TFA.

The AWC muzzle and bull barrel appears to be one piece. What difference are you seeing that makes you say custom bull barrel rather than simply modified?

The AWC muzzle and bull barrel appears to be one piece. What difference are you seeing that makes you say custom bull barrel rather than simply modified?

This was posted a while back but this is the difference here between the two bullbarrels. AWC vs SOLO..

“Doesn’t have a flat bottom, has awkward groves on the end, no double screws and it’s not flush at all with the Mauser itself..
847fae80ce4943e93bae8f5954aaffa0.jpg
44a179fab88c42940054a6c00c664a6f.jpg

Again this new SOLO Blaster so you can clearly see the differences in the details and now it lines up..
5e124a0ec23d3d2269764ab55010b64c.jpg
68fd46a9c974ad0c6664a62fd919c352.jpg

Just before Beckett gives Solo the blaster, the takes the long barrel and shoulder stock off.

Someone connected w/ this film was aware of the links that C96 in The Naked Runner had to his blaster.
Flat stock w/ some reflective bits on it. Didn't get a good look at the long barrel.
Hopefully we'll get more reference to this as these will be great add ons to this iconic blaster.

View attachment 820072View attachment 820073View attachment 820074View attachment 820075View attachment 820076View attachment 820077View attachment 820078View attachment 820079

Here's some pics of Beckett with the long blaster, before he breaks it apart and gives it to Han. As has been said, these are promo pictures. Compare and judge for yourselves until the Bluray comes out.
27000500787_43294875eb_o.jpg

27999962988_7f88005af4_o.jpg

What do you see? This is both the SOLO blaster and the AWC. Differences, similarities..
68e8e69eb333b68a8a3e56bfb6a5a5ab.jpg

This has my eyebrows raised as well. The mystery disks itself. I realize the SOLO blaster is angled but it seems bigger and higher up than the AWC..
c8cfb22f03f5e976340b6d3fdccdf327.jpg

Last edited:
This was posted a while back but this is the difference here between the two bullbarrels. AWC vs SOLO..

Yes ok, but that was not really my question. I was responding to Anakin Starkiller comment that the muzzle was the same as the AWC. If we go wit that assumption. He stated it was custom. When I think custom I think total replacement which is possible as they could have hacked the bull barrel off from the muzzle. However, I could also see a motification possibility as they could have just modified the existing barrel. Any number and combination of techniques (mill, lathe, fitted sleeve, plus additions of bolts, and t-track) could work.

So I guess my question is simple terms is if they started with the AWC parts, how did they get tot the end result?

.. the muzzle was the same as the AWC. If we go wit that assumption. .. if they started with the AWC parts, how did they get tot the end result?

Lucasfilm probably just redesigned the parts they wanted/needed and had them 3D printed up in hi def prints like they did for TFA.

That would be my assumption for the easiest solution in all this.

Last edited:
Here's some pics of Beckett with the long blaster, before he breaks it apart and gives it to Han. As has been said, these are promo pictures. Compare and judge for yourselves until the Bluray comes out.
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/950/27000500787_43294875eb_o.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/944/27999962988_7f88005af4_o.jpg

Like the in-universe o mage that parallels the development of the C-96 DL-44 from a Mauser M712 Schellfeuer.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Sitting_Target#Mauser_M712_Schnellfeuer

The C-96 is the predecessor of the M712 on the real world. I don't know how it works on the SW universe but if the say the opposite, then it is. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

:lol Not that the C-96 predates the M712 as a pistol but the Schellfeuer "sniper pistol" pre-dates Star Wars as a movie prop in "Sitting Target".
Then some of the parts are mounted on a C-96 to make the DL-44 in Star Wars.

Kind of like how Woody's rifle becomes Han's blaster in Solo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back